It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologist, I need answers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If their are any scientologists on this site can you give my some insight into your cult? Dont try to get me to join or anything because Im not a nutjob, I just have never talked to one so im curious on your thoughts, Maybe we can debate.. you know.. prove to me that your not murderers, or brainwashers, or about how you would charge 4,000 dollars for a 7 dollar book. or how you all just look weird. Well just chat. I would love to learn more about your leader, you know the one who had a fbi file and lied about military service. You could say im "fair game"

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This sounds like an invitation to argue and get someone very upset.

You have insinuated those that are scientologist are , nut jobs, cheats, brain washers and look funny in appearance.

Anyone that starts off a discussion with insults is asking for trouble.

Tac109 you truly are "fair game". You just don't know it yet.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have read somewhere that Scientology has helped John Travolta in interview in many ways, such as quitting drugs and alcohol and other negative stuff. That's all he had to comment about.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
I have read somewhere that Scientology has helped John Travolta in interview in many ways, such as quitting drugs and alcohol and other negative stuff. That's all he had to comment about.

Yeah they charged him so much for the diffrent level's of books he could't afford to buy any drugs or Alcohol.

Try useing the search engine or here their are loads of related things to read up on. Or why not even walk in the a scientologists centre we have one in Manchester but I've never gone in to look tac109.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, I don't know too much about scientology, you know, so.

If that's true then well, I've no comment at this time, then.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Or why not even walk in the a scientologists centre we have one in Manchester but I've never gone in to look tac109.

I'd be afraid to walk into one of those places. Who knows how long it takes for the brainwashing to begin...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The reason I posted this was because I noticed that scientologists will not stand for anyone making fun of their religon but they mock other religions all the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That cartoon show South Park, One of the characters whos name was chef, the actor who did the voices for him had no problem making fun of almost every religion but when they handed him a script on scientology, he put up a fuss and quit. So basicly it was ok to talk trash about other religions but not his.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Southpark was a prety good explaination of the belief system of "scienctology".

It's a false truth religion. It's told from the rebelion forces doctrine. The reality of the "universal truth" can be view in "the urantia book".

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.xenu.net...

A lot of info about scientology from former members.

It's quite scary what some of these people were put through.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I just watched another video on the crazys, and yup they sure are crazy

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The reason I posted this was because I noticed that scientologists will not stand for anyone making fun of their religon but they mock other religions all the time.

Don't we all? Don't we all make fun of other religions yet claim we are open-minded enough to tolerate jokes on our beliefs?
Tell me something, friend. Since I don't know your personal belief, lets just say that you're a Christian, who while spending time with his fellow Christian friend, hears a joke about Islam. You'd laugh. You'd admit if it was funny and approve of it being said. It's the same with all people, to different degrees.
Also, this is an obvious generalization and shouldn't be taken seriously in that case.
Eitherways I think I've managed to get my point across.

Secondly, I don't believe in scientology, but with all honesty it isn't much different than other religions. All belief systems are based on some absurd story and even though scientology appears just more outrageous because of its history and whatnot, religions in general all share a common characteristic: they're all based on fantastic and extraordinary premises.
Keep that in mind the next time you choose to call them "nutjobs".

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Manar]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
prove to me that your not murderers, or brainwashers, or about how you would charge 4,000 dollars for a 7 dollar book. or how you all just look weird.

Do you seriously expect any scientologists on ATS to discuss this with you after this opening?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Well said, Dizziedame.
No constructive exchange can ever be opened by insulting the prospective interlocutor.

Would you, OP, willingly engage in a conversation with someone who'd "invite" you to talk by insulting your intelligence and beliefs, basically calling you names?

Not a good policy.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I gotta agree with Duzey's post.There are a few members here that are scientologists ,and I am sure they would be happy to discuss their beliefs with you as long as you are civil.

edit:spelling

[edit on 1-1-2008 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I remember reading that back in the early 1990's, there was a cult-hotline that you could call in the U.S. and they would give you information that could tell you if a loved one was in a cult, or help you find out if certain groups were cults, or whatever. The Scientology people began complaining that they were being labeled a cult and began suing the hotline. Eventually they won their lawsuit and bankrupted the organization running the hotline.

So what did the Scientologists do then? The bought the hotline and then when you would call and ask if Scientology was a cult, the operator would tell you no and that was that.

Another reason that they were given tax exemption status back (after all it was revoked before) was when John Travolta was about to star in Primary Colors, a film more than loosely inspired by Clinton, he met with Bill Clinton at the white house. The then current president, who was scandal plagued at the time, was offered a choice, offer tax exemption to the church and he would play it in a positive light, or he could play the role as a harsh criticism of Clinton and further ruin his career. Scientology now enjoys a wonderful tax exemption.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I went to a rehab that was based on Scientology. Very weird indeed. We spent every morning staring into the eyes of another person, not moving, for 15 minutes. Eyes open then eyes closed. There was a time in the treatment where you had to look at someone for two hours without moving....really weird.

The material was all L Ron stuff, it was about learning, control, and all sorts of weird stuff. There were drills we had to do over and over and over again until it drove you insane. you were to eventually come to some sort of epiphany about the control you have in your life, and that you are in your present mind, free from the past, and free from worrying about the future......

I am not a Scientologist, so I dont know what they do in the church, but I do know that they pracitce a lot of the rituals and drills that I was subject to.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

why are you saying that about sientology and then saying what is true in what u believe

arnt u being hypacritical

can anyone tell me when sientology first started?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Dark_Ace]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark_Ace
reply to post by Incarnated

why are you saying that about sientology and then saying what is true in what u believe

arnt u being hypacritical

can anyone tell me when sientology first started?

Not really! It's a matter of reality.

If there is an "all powerful creator God", as a base of beliefs world round, and my personal understanding of truth, then GOD is "ALL POWERFUL".

Scientology teaches that there's some "evil force" repressing this world on a Universal scale.

Scientology is built upon anti-truth. Scientology the religion is based from the viewpoint of the oppressed, (evil) aspects.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think L. Ron Hubbard has one of my all time favourite quotes, "The best way to make a million dollars is to start your own religion." He said this shortly before he started Scientology.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join