It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru's 'First Phase' Due Fall 2009!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Sure

I just find it highly unlikely we have a brown dwarf somewhere between the Kuiper belt and the Oort cloud...

If it were possible at all, it would be at the outer reaches of the Oort cloud...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ascention
Go to youtube and google nibiru, watch the ameture video taken from some guy down in melbourne, it was the same object i saw at the same position in the sky just before dawn, at around the same time.

I am assuming you are talking about this video:

From your description it sounded a bit more dramatic..

I don't know, if this even fits. Could be the north star or even Venus, but i'm just guessing.

I'm sure someone else will know, tho..

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xnibirux
Also, the gravitational pull of the other planets affect Planet X, thus, intensifying the speed of its orbit.

Are you seriously suggesting that a Brown Dwarf regularly (in cosmic terms) traverses the inner solar system?

If so, do you have any idea at all what the effects of that would be on the planets in the inner solar system? Do you have any idea what thats likely to do to the sun?

If you do have some idea, please explain to me how life on earth managed to evolve.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
If you do have some idea, please explain to me how life on earth managed to evolve.

Special SPF 100000 brown dwarf sunblock?
Maybe??

Though I think they sell special “Skittles” on ZetaTalks sight, maybe they have some magical protective properties.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You bad, bad ATS'er

You are close to the mark however...No way a body the size stipulated by the "pro" crowd" could get between Neptune and Urectum without causing serious problems, let alone close in...

The whole thing is bunk pure and simple...The dates have been changed before,and nothing has happened....And no new "evidence" has come to hand to suggest the "anti" crowd should change their stance...

Next.....*bored*

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Special SPF 100000 brown dwarf sunblock?

OMG! Planet X is proof of intelligent design!

Who else but God could spread SPF 100000 onto primordial ooze?

Who else but God could create a planet that moves at almost the speed of light in an orbit greater than zero?

Who else but God could create a planet that changes it's properties depending on whom you ask?

We should start a new thread: Planet X is scientific proof of God's existance!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by deezee

Chuckling, thanks 'deezee' and 'Rilence' as well. Very funny, do you both have jobs writing comedy? I mean, you could if you wanted to.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Chuckling, thanks 'deezee' and 'Rilence' as well. Very funny, do you both have jobs writing comedy? I mean, you could if you wanted to.

Actually, it's not us... I find myself hard pressed not to find comedy in most of the New Age belief systems and their "scientific claims".

Planet X causing crystal DNA activation always reminds me of those DNA activation workshops, where someone waves two tuning forks around your head, thereby activating your DNA. Do i even have to add anything here?

Well, i could argue that ear candling and hydrocolonic therapy are far better ways of activating your crystal DNA, but my patented Colon Candling Therapy TM has 10% more mystic vibrations and is two in one! We even offer different sized candles for maximum enjoyment. Visit us at [CENSORED]. Positive energies guaranteed or your money back!

Crystall healing is also very popular in our [CENSORED] self healing center. It is best to apply a 1kg amethyst directly at the third eye chakra with as much kinetic energy as possible, to assure maximum vibrational activation. Repeat if necesary until customer enters an altered state of mind. Visions of Planet X, or at least stars, assured!

If this doesn't proove Planet X exists, i don't know what does.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
shame there is so much rubbish on this thread. It gets in the way of sane investigation and discussion. In any case...

It is true that Neptune was discovered by observing perturbations in Uranus' orbit. It is also true that Pluto was discovered by observing perturbations in Neptune's orbit. However, finding Pluto was a lucky coincidence. It's way to small to effect Neptune noticeably.

So as far as I know, the perturbation is still there and unexplained. Any one looked this information up? Has the perturbation since been explained. One explanation is that we don't understand gravity properly. Look at the Pioneer spacecraft. They are slowing down and no-one knows why.

So maybe our theory of gravity is wrong.

If there is a planet X, there is no way it comes into the inner system. It would be like skittles. But it might effect the Oort cloud or the Kuiper belt which would then send a bunch of stuff sunwards to splatter us.

I'm really going to have to read up about this, and 2012 in general. The BS I'm seeing around is already getting old...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence

Wrong !!

The Kuiper Belt extends not far beyond the orbit of Neptune...

You seem to be referring to the Oort Cloud, which is well out beyond the orbit of Pluto...

Not checking known facts before you post like this makes it an uphill battle for you guys to have anyone even remotely consider for a moment what you are talking about...

It does make the rest of our lives a lot easier, so thanks...

EDIT - Spelling

Wait, I would like to know what you think I am wrong about because I didn't mention anything about The Kuiper Belt nor the Oort Cloud. The first image on the post you are replying to is not the image I was refering to, the external image below it is what I was refering. That image is incorrect if you would just read carefully.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by xnibirux]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I am through with all of these cynical people who continue their 'governmental truth keeping' by dragging people away from the subject, or making them believe it is all ridiculous by using ridicule. It sickens me to see more and more people falling further into the cultured waste manifesting itself all around you!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xnibirux

If I may just jump in for Rilence...

Considering the supposition or postulate that a Brown Dwarf exists in a highly eccentric 3600 year orbit...an ellipse that has the Sun at one focus with a radius at perigee that brings it within the inner Solar System...then it stands to reason the Brown Dwarf would at apogee be well out into the Oort cloud, at the very least. Pluto is in an eccentric orbit, sometimes nearer to Earth than Neptune (that's the nature of ellipses) yet it only takes 248 years to complete one orbit.

Now, if we believe this 'Nibiru' to exist, then it obviously did not form as part of the primordial disc of gases that eventually became our Solar System. BTW, a Brown Dwarf is considered to be a 'failed' star, in that it is huge...much more massive than your average gas giant, ala Jupiter, but still not massive enough to have ignited into a star. So, a 'Super' gas giant, if you will. This hypothetical celestial body would have a massive (no pun) effect gravitationally...and if it existed and came swooping in every 3600 years...it is hard to see how our Solar System would have stayed intact for 4.5 billion years.

However, and this is the kicker...let's suppose that 'Nibiru' hasn't been orbiting our Sun for 4.5 billion years. (obvious, again, as I pointed out, since its orbit is too eccentric). So, it is an interloper...a rogue that wandered, over the vast cosmic time scale, close enough to fall into its present orbit...and thereby perturb objects in the Oort cloud, or Kuiper belt...but it hasn't been around long enough to seriously disrupt the orbits of the inner planets...yet. What I'm trying to point out is, this massive body spends 1800 years coming in, and 1800 years going out...but because of the very tight ellipse its time within the inner Solar System is negligible and, since the odds are it is well off the System's plane...the chances of encounter are extremely small on any given 'pass'. Meaning, this thing, if it exists, could follow its orbit around the Sun and have such a small effect on us as to be virtually unnoticeable.

People need to remember the time scales were are talking about...a puny human life pales in comparison.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xnibirux

The ridicule wasn't directed at you, or anyone else here. Just at the general rubbish beliefs some people spread nowadays.

I already mentioned i respect you for being honest about your beliefs being beliefs and not prooven facts, unlike some other people.

Besides, believe it or not, i actually understand you. I used to believe a lot of things myself, many years ago. I also subscribed to a very similiar belief system with an expiration date. Channeled aliens, end of the world / ascension, higher dimensions, almost everything, only without the planet.

Since "the end" was supposed to come at a certain date, but didn't, almost the entire belief system collapsed for some and they left. The difference in channeled content was immediatelly obvious. Suddenly it was much less positive. The date was moved by a year. Again nothing happened. After that, hardly anyone was willing to continue believing and rescheduleing the end of the world. People just got sick of excuses...

Most of the people, for whom this was important, because it brought them hope, became very depressed after that.

This is why i think beliefs shouldn't have expiration dates. Especially not spiritual ones.

In any case, i don't think believers are fear mongerers. And the ones spreading these beliefs are often themselves not intentionally fear mongerers.

But they are very often simply delusional. It is interesting, how some psychotic people might find followers in people who don't really know them, while their friends and especially family know there's something very wrong with them.

If you meet such individuals in person, it can become very disillusioning. The better you get to know them, the more obvious the truth becomes.

So you have to understand, why i'm highly skeptical with such claims. Especially when i start seeing common traits.

Still, with all the negative experience in this area, i am more than willing to consider all the possibilities. I just no longer choose what to believe, based on how good it feels, but rather on probabilities or even better, facts.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by deezee]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Been reading all the pages and i'm still way confused. What do we know so far?

1. Science can neither prove or disprove its existence. Ok I can buy that. Big sky, tiny object traveling too fast to follow, dust cloud in the way,etc,etc etc.

2. Original source sort of failed on the exact date thing. Most do and It seems foolish to date something you can't measure and calculate though it should be easy enough if you could spot an object even once.

3. Brown dwarf? Traveling that far out and that fast shouldn't it have cooled off millions of years ago if it couldn't sustain ignition? Wouldn't it just firm up hard like any other planet?

(I don't know, and I'm only asking because, well I don't know.)

So I go from here and Google up about a million or two crackpots relating to this and the usual ton of youtubes. A couple of them seem to have big science, like this Marshall Masters series, but I think anything that requires money to follow up on, has bait written on the side of the box.

youtube.com...

Googled some more and found that the Freemasons have quite a bit about it on the mastermason site.

Now I'm more confused than ever. Does anyone have any hard science other than myth carved on stone or people trying to peddle paperback books?

TIA.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
1. Science can neither prove or disprove its existence. Ok I can buy that. Big sky, tiny object traveling too fast to follow, dust cloud in the way,etc,etc etc.

Actually, science can "disproove" it's existance. Especially if you consider how many conflicting claims are made for one single planet.

If there's a Planet X, it has to have certain properties. And different theories about it must fit together and add to our knowledge about it.

Instead we have many different claims, all pretending to support it's existance, but if all of them are true, there are at least 5 Planet Xs so far.

Originally posted by Illahee
3. Brown dwarf? Traveling that far out and that fast shouldn't it have cooled off millions of years ago if it couldn't sustain ignition? Wouldn't it just firm up hard like any other planet?

This is an example of one of the claims that doesn't even fit together with itself.

As i've mentioned a couple times by now, the further away an orbiting object is, the slower it has to move. For every orbit, there is only one speed, that can sustain this orbit. The closer, the faster, the further away, the slower it HAS to move. If it moves just a bit faster, it will eventually leave the orbit and fly away.

If it moves at almost the speed of light, it would have to be in the center of the sun it is orbiting, otherwise it would fly away. Such an orbit is completely impossible. Even if we forget all the other problems associated with massive objects moving at almost the speed of light.

So one thing we can know for sure, is that such a planet, with properties like these (and many more i didn't mention), can't exist.

All of the so called "facts" about it should describe ONE planet X and give us more and more details about it and help us predict it's behaviour.

But if you take all of it's supposed properties together, it becomes a very weird planet. Sometimes it moves too fast, other times it moves too slow. Sometimes it hides behind the sun and is only visible from the south pole, other times it's visible everywhere, as sun dogs or even a bright star, again in the wrong spot.

So if you add all this together, if there is a Planet X, we either don't really know anything about it, and therefor can't make predictions, or it has to be a magical planet. Or maybe, just maybe, it doesn't really exist.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
How can we see all these planets and stars, galaxies, comets, asteroids etc.., but we cannot see this planet X.

Solar, obviously Planet X is utilizing the same "active camoflage" technology that has been reverse-engineered from the Zetas!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Yes the perturbations actually have been explained. I believe it's origins come from a calculation error which has since been identified. I am looking for the specific info now.

In other words, neptune does not have any un-explained perturbations.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Illahee,

As I said before, a 'brown dwarf' is simply a very large, very massive gas giant...similar to Jupiter, but not big enough to ignite nuclear fusion.

Read about Kepler, and how objects orbit.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
G'day, im new here and just thought i would throw my two cents in.

I have only known about this whole planet X/Nibiru conspiracy stuff for a couple of days and am still extremely skeptical, especially the crazy stuff about Aliens and giants etc.
I live on the east coast of NSW, Australia. A month or two ago I two saw this massive fire coloured star in the sky. It was kind of low in the eastern horizon, about 10 times bigger and brighter than any other star in the sky and looked really out of place.
My brother and I both saw this thing and were like 'What the ****!!!' we watched it until dawn and it was still visible up until the sun had almost fully risen long after the other stars had faded.
Now i am not an astronomer but do not need to be to verify this thing definetely looked out of place. It was so bright it was casting a light trail reflection over the ocean like the moon. I have lived next to the beach for my whole life and have never seen a star do this.
I searched for information on what i had seen but to my surprise there was nothing out of the usual reported in the media etc.
I am not a religious person, have never looked into or believed much in conspiracies in my life and am generally very skeptical of unproven irrational beliefs.
I am begining to wonder though...
After typing 'strange star' into youtube i have come across quite a few recordings of what appears to be exactly the same thing that we saw. These recording have all been taken in the last few months. There is the melbourne recording there is another one filmed in Perth (Australia) and a few more from all over the world.
Now this big bright star appears to have come from nowhere, before the last few months there is no footage of it that i can find. I am also not the only one to be like 'What the ****', it was strange enough for other people to pull out a camera and film it. It has also lead two different people who have seen it two this same thread.
Whilst searching youtube for footage of this strange star i also came across this www.youtube.com...
The guy who films it thinks he has seen a UFO and he describes it as a fireball with two tails. Now if you watch this video and pause it at about the 00:30 mark it does indeed appear to be a reddish coloured globe with two tails. Strange indeed it appears exactly like Nibiru is supposed to look. Now this could easily be a fake, although the guy doesn't mention Nibiru at all, just UFO's and this film was also taken within the last couple of months.
Anyway im not usually one to believe in crackpot conspiracies etc, i am just curious as to what this strange star is and why has it not been reported in the media if it is not harmless. I probably would not believe it's existence if i had not seen it myself.
Anyway a nice rational explaination for all this would be appreciated so i can go back to feeling nice and cosy and safe again.
(Sorry about the long rambling post and thanks for reading
)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ok Weedwacker. I'm getting it now, it would if it existed be gas rather than molten. There is just so much garbage out there that you tend to pick up a peice here and there and carry it to the next mis informed site and it all blends after a while.

I was wondering about a lot of the information out there. It seems like folks are getting sucked in to the places with the smoothest graphics, and best pitch. Its easy for science challenged folk like me to get the wool pulled over us.

Thanks all.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join