It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Man vs Wild episodes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Anyone watch the new episodes? I caught one channel surfing and it has disclaimers on it that he had a crew and had help from the crew. He also mentioned his crew during the episode and how some of them had to be evacuated due to heat injuries. Big change from the former format. I think it was a smart thing for the network to do since everyone was up in arms about it.

I have to give him/the show credit for admitting the truth.

-k-

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I haven't seen any of the new ones yet. Yeah I'm glad they're telling it how it is and that he does get help if he needs it. But Bear Grylls is not a wimp like Les Stroud on survivorman. If I had a choice between Bear or Les I'd take Bear any day.

That man will eat and drink anything to survive.
I like the Man vs Wild show and will watch it when I can. Good stuff!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
They actually edited all the old shows and they all have disclaimers on them now...and he edited his voice overs to include disclaimers such as "the following scene was created to show you how to do this if it were to actually happen".

Also in his new shows....he now often shows his interactions w/ his camera guys. Like he was rock climbing up a clift and held the camera while his camera guy climbed up. Or will ask the camera guy if he is okay. Though you never see them...you are just more aware that he is not alone!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I believe it will only make his show better and applaud him for it.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
this guy is annoying and his show stinks. les stroud is still the king. long live survivorman

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

One important thing, what are the shows about? Survival. I think Les does WAY better at teaching you the ropes. Who cares that Bear eats nastier things. Your hungry, you will to. Les gets my vote.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm not voting either way. Who is better or what show is better...It is all a matter of opinion and we each have one of those. I like them both for different reasons.

I just like how he/the show has decided to "man up" and admit what has been staged and that the crew does give him support.

I have to respect Bear just because of his credentials and the difficulties he has overcome.

Kafer

top topics

join