It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids at Church Praising Bush?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hello,

This may have been brought up before but just wondering if anyone saw on the news of this children church or Christian school praising a President Bush Card bored Cutout? They were all crying and on there knees kissing his feet. The Teacher went on and on about how they teach the kids to not watch movies like Harry Potter and other magic related films because of satin related issues. But I guess thats besides the point of this subject.

The whole thing is kind of disturbing, to put this crap in kids Heads. Any hear about this?

[edit on 12/27/2007 by scottr.]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What crap, religion? I tend to stay away from these arguments, but at least President Bush is a quantifiable entity whose presence is confirmed, rather than some bloke from some book who claims to have made the universe.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Religion is the Cause of most wars. People don't see that.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.
The Teacher went on and on about how they teach the kids to not watch movies like Harry Potter and other magic related films because of satin related issues.

I believe you meant "satan related issues".

The church has always labeled any kind of supernatural beliefs that didn't come from them as satanistic.

Any kind of witchcraft or magic and even spirituality were and still are labeled as such. They also often try to compare deities from other religions to satan.

The thing is, that christianity also prohibits the worship of icons. So it does not make sense that they would worship a depiction of Bush.

Of course it's not hard to find all kinds of lunatics with their own interpretations of religion, so it could theoretically be possible.

But before anyone can decide on anything, you should post a link to where you found this, so people can check it out for themselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I saw it on the news a while back. I don't have a link. Thanks for pointing out my type-o.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by scottr.

I don't know where you saw that on the news. What you're talking about is from the movie Jesus Camp. A disturbing flick...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

Ha they must have gotten it from the movie then.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I apologize. That movie is exactly what I was talking about. They were just on Good Morning America. Thanks for the title. I saw it just now.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yeah, I used to have a thread up about the "Jesus camp." The entire video was on it, but you can't access it anymore. I watched the whole thing and to be honest, it was sickening. You would have thought they were preparing for a "Holy" war or something.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I apologize. That movie is exactly what I was talking about. They were just on Good Morning America. Thanks for the title. I saw it just now.

Ok, that makes sense now.

They even pray to the god, to prevent their power point presentations from crashing.

All that brainwashing was really scary.
Training christian soldiers and all that.

And the interesting thing is how obvious it was, that they prey on children with weaker personalities.

It's pure religious fanaticism.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by deezee]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
it was sickening. You would have thought they were preparing for a "Holy" war or something.

It was sickening, yes.

And they themselves said they were training soldiers for war.

They use the words soldiers and war all the time and how the "enemy" (muslims) starts training children at 4, so they have to do even better - start on even younger children.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here's an article in the New York Post: No Volleyball at Jesus Camp

At a camp in North Dakota, kids lay hands on a cardboard George Bush cutout.

Christian religious sects are all full of idol worship.
You've got catholics with their infinite saints and fetishes(ie beads, saint medallions, etc).

You've got the Evangelicals who prattle away one TV about their million dollar baby jesus nativity that you can pay to worship.

You've got the plastic jesus and mary on the dashboard.

You've got the bible worshippers with their idiotic "If its in the bible it must be true".

The list goes on. They should just change the name of the religion to something honest like "Hypocrisy".

Oh, yes, when the kids are caught telling ghost stories they are told to stop. Ghosts aren't real.
But having visions and speaking in tongues is.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Legalizer]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
yeah, I saw jesus-camp a while back, and was... alarmed... at the little kids having seizure-like convulsions, or, "talking to god". I kinda had to laugh though when I saw the mega-church only full of rich white people.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Yeah, I used to have a thread up about the "Jesus camp." The entire video was on it, but you can't access it anymore. I watched the whole thing and to be honest, it was sickening. You would have thought they were preparing for a "Holy" war or something.

That's precisely what they were preparing for. If I recall correctly the fat woman said she got her inspiration from the Taliban. Yikes...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
That's precisely what they were preparing for. If I recall correctly the fat woman said she got her inspiration from the Taliban. Yikes...

People like her is what has made me re-evaluate my opinion of Islam and Christianity since 9/11.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm sick everytime i hear about this one.

Disgusting and despicable, at the very least!!!

This brings back memories of my elementary school days when i had to salute a cardboard cut out of FIDEL CASTRO and PRAISE that son of an illegitimate so and so.

Give me a cardboard cut out and i'll tell you what i would do with it.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I know this is kinda off-topic, but I found it funny:

Priests brawl at Bethlehem birthplace of Jesus

More peaceful Christians...

But in regards to the brainwashing of these kids...
I can only say they're in for a rude awakening when they have to eventually venture out into the real world.
That goes for all cults not just Christian ones.

Do I feel threatened by this type of stuff?
No.
Even though these people are potentially dangerous (as is their agenda) no one is going to take them serious, they will remain a small group of freaks and continue to be harmless. More of a novelty than anything else.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The best part of that movie was when Ted Haggard showed up...Because he is the apex of Christian morals and ideals, obviously

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deezee
They even pray to the god, to prevent their power point presentations from crashing.

Just to be fair, I have to ask if it crashed or not. Personally, if I were God (and thankfully I'm not) I wouldn't help with power point. I might let you win the lottery if your prayed really hard, but I wouldn't let my followers bother me with things they probably should have double-checked on their own.
But who knows, maybe God is a techophile, or just not lazy like me.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Religion is the Cause of most wars. People don't see that.

People don't see that because it's NOT true. Just look at the 20th century alone. Secular societies/leaders have been responsible for more deaths than all of religion! Guys like Hitler, Stalin, Pal Pot, etc, etc. These weren't men of the cloth. These were dictators/rulers of secular, God-less societies.

So while your radical left-wing college professor would have you believe that religion is the cause of all the worlds problems, that's just not the case. I'd hate to see where we would be today if the majority of this world did not believe in a higher power and did not believe in some form of judgement for their sins.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join