It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids at Church Praising Bush?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

I am not Anti-Religion, But That is the problem with people today and in the past. Believing in a higher power just makes them weak. They do not stand up for them selfs, or make most of there decisions. They think that it was meant to be or that "it happened for a reason". I believe in god but also believe that as human beings we should look at the here and now and choose our own destiny.

Funny how most people don't believe in Ghost but believe in god.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer
Christian religious sects are all full of idol worship.
The list goes on. They should just change the name of the religion to something honest like "Hypocrisy".

Oh, yes, when the kids are caught telling ghost stories they are told to stop. Ghosts aren't real.
But having visions and speaking in tongues is.

Great post!

Their beliefs are becoming more and more self conflicting.

But the funny thing is, the more bizzare and self conflicting they become, the more they believe in them fanatically.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul Duke
That's precisely what they were preparing for. If I recall correctly the fat woman said she got her inspiration from the Taliban. Yikes...

I don't think she said it directly, but it can be interpreted as getting inspiration from muslims, or rather her interpretation of them, which would in fact be the taliban, yes.

I think she said something like "The enemy starts training their children at four. So we have to start even earlier."

The enemy being the muslim religion...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Just to be fair, I have to ask if it crashed or not. Personally, if I were God (and thankfully I'm not) I wouldn't help with power point. I might let you win the lottery if your prayed really hard, but I wouldn't let my followers bother me with things they probably should have double-checked on their own.
But who knows, maybe God is a techophile, or just not lazy like me.

If the presentation crashed, the documentary didn't show it.

But they really did pray about the Power Point, and even asked the god to prevent the lights from going out.

The more i think of it, the more it reminds me of a pagan religion or some new age belief system, where people reiki their car, so it wouldn't stop working. (No, i'm not making it up. I saw it with my own eyes.)

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
And of course theres more Christian bashing and false facts being flung. (Idol worship? C´mon!) What happened to "Deny Ignorance"?

I´m a religious person, however I haven´t been in a church for over five years now. But that doesn´t mean I believe half the nonsense being spouted out by certain individuals.

Never saw the movie mentioned here, but if true it´s sick. And I´m also quite sure that the OTHER 99% Christians frown upon such things.

And everyone on these boards keep saying how we shouldn´t label an entire group of people bad because of a few nutcases. (Ok, since terrorists are muslims that must mean all muslims are terrorists then!)

But Christians don´t get the same treatment. Now THATS hipocrocy!

Peace,
FK

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Jesus Camp is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen, and it was supposed to be a documentary!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You know, a good friend of mine recently joined one of these "cults", I call it a cult because that's what it is. He told me that if I accept Jesus as my savior, I'll make more money and when I die I'll have a mansion in heaven. What a load of CRAP! He used to be a normal guy, but now he's brainwashed into believing that Bush is the representitive of God on earth, and if a democrats are worshippers of Satan. These people are just as bad as the Talaban.

Radical religion on either side is what causes war and death.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.
reply to post by Rasputin13

I am not Anti-Religion, But That is the problem with people today and in the past. Believing in a higher power just makes them weak. They do not stand up for them selfs, or make most of there decisions. They think that it was meant to be or that "it happened for a reason". I believe in god but also believe that as human beings we should look at the here and now and choose our own destiny.

Funny how most people don't believe in Ghost but believe in god.

I think your views of Christians and religious folks in general is greatly distorted. Believing in a higher power doesn't make one weak. In fact, it often makes one stronger. Believing in God has led to many overcoming problems and addictions that they otherwise could not have.

To act as though one who believes in God doesn't stand up for themselves is fairly absurd. I don't think there's any correlation (sp?) between the two. I also don't think that most who believe in God completely abandon the idea of self-determination. They don't just go through life assuming that what will happen will happen because God will handle it.

I think you have this one view of religion and you cast every single believer into that view. In reality, even people of the same religion who attend the same church every week may have drastically different views about God and religion. I know this personally to be the case. Being a Christian, or even Muslim or anything else for that matter, does not require one to follow that religion down to the letter. You can take and leave whatever you wish out of it. As a Christian, I don't take every word in the Bible literally. I don't follow every rule. And I certainly don't leave everything up to God and act like a defenseless, weak individual.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjsconcrete
You know, a good friend of mine recently joined one of these "cults", I call it a cult because that's what it is. He told me that if I accept Jesus as my savior, I'll make more money and when I die I'll have a mansion in heaven.

i have some very close friends that think the same way. For example, my friend swears that his parents paying for his college was a result of his prayers to god, and that finding a great deal on a silver chain at some strip mall was another result of good "christian karma."

I started to express my own opinion, but just bit my lip and congratulated him on his divine connection.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
for any of you who haven't seen the clip from this movie:

freaking CRAZY!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Goodness grief! That´s insane!!!

That little clip gave me a bad case of the heebeegeebeez!

Peace,
FK

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottr.
Christian school praising a President Bush Card bored Cutout? They were all crying and on there knees kissing his feet.

WRONG

For crying out loud people. :shk: Look at the freak'n film. It's a Christian school and they are using a cardboard cutout as a standin ... and the kids are PRAYING OVER him ... blessing him... NOT WORSHIPPING HIM and NOT KISSING HIS FEET.

This is what evangelicals do - they pray OVER people and the pray FOR people.

Originally posted by Legalizer
Christian religious sects are all full of idol worship. You've got catholics with their infinite saints and fetishes(ie beads, saint medallions, etc).

WRONG

Jesus have mercy. :shk: Here we go again. Catholics DO NOT worship idols. The 'infinite saints' you sneer at are just the Catholic church acknowledging the holy lives of humans who have died. And rosary beads and medals of saints are not 'fetishes'.... rosary beads are prayers and meditations ... medals are just things that people wear to remind them of the holy people who have died before them and to remind those people to try to imitate those people's holiness.

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
And of course theres more Christian bashing and false facts being flung. (Idol worship? C´mon!) What happened to "Deny Ignorance"?

Looks like 'Deny Ignorance' is being ignored.
Perhaps it's dead.

[edit on 12/28/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

Before people start ranting about me being some sort of wool-over-the-eyes Christian apologist, I will note yet again that I am an agnostic and that I haven't actually attended a service of ANY religion in over a decade...

For the record and just so it is clear, Catholics do not worship saints. The saints are not idols. Catholics petition the intercession of the saints. In other words, they ask those who are "in good with God" to put in a good word for them. They recognize that ultimately all mediation is through Christ. Consider this article. This is not much different from the Protestant practice of asking members of the church to pray on behalf of a person. There is also plenty of support for this sort of behavior in the Bible -- see James 4:15, Romans 15:30, or Colossians 4:3 for example.

I've never seen anyone with a plastic Jesus or Mary on his or her dashboard. (And also for the record, I do find Jello Biafra amusing). "Bible worship" is not really something you come across very often (if at all), and I live in the deep South where there are all sorts of strange religious sects. I believe that softer and more accurate language would be "interpreting the bible literally in all cases." If you can find one instance of an evangelical talking about a "million dollar baby Jesus," I'd be surprised (though nevertheless amused).

That being said, Jesus Camp is scary.

/tn.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

clearly, you are biased on this matter. So is there nothing unusual about having a room of children praying for a politician? Especially considering children don't really understand (or care about) politics?

It seems crazy to have all these kids praying for something they don't understand, but then again - what is prayer anyways, right?

To me, it seems more like GOP brainwashing propaganda, not preaching the teachings of Christ.

[edit on 28-12-2007 by scientist]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just watched the video, and a couple of the others. Quite entertaining and amusing in places..... but I can also see why the Romans threw these nutters to the lions.

What a silly little upstart religion. Pah!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This makes my brain hurt. Are you sure this "praying to Bush" incident wasn't staged?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
This makes my brain hurt. Are you sure this "praying to Bush" incident wasn't staged?

If you're talking about those strange noises they were making, they always do that, when they are "in contact with the spirit".

They actually encourage it in children, and eventually it turns into a full blown mass hysteria, where most members of the audience start creating their own version of these noises. You should see that! This is nothing.

It reminds me of channeling, only without words. (Not that the one with words has any more content)

And unless the entire movie was a mockumentary, i don't think it was staged.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
no, it was not a mockmentary. You can look these people and organizations up and see for yourself, they are proud of what they do. It's not that strange, because I've also seen Pentecostal mass before with snakes and speaking in tongues and all that. This is like a milder, day-camp version, or at least that's how I first saw it.

The scary thing is just as I was saying before - planting not only religion in children's minds, but now who to worship in terms of politics too. Just wait until Jeb Bush runs or some other bush 10 years from now. Who do you think all of these kids will be voting for... the grandson of someone they prayed for as kids, or some other bloke?

edit:

en.wikipedia.org...

well look at that, it is indeed a pentecostal ministry. I guess that's why it reminded me, ha!

[edit on 28-12-2007 by scientist]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
clearly, you are biased on this matter.

No. Clearly YOU are biased.

I am NOT an evangelical. Matter of fact - I was stuck living in Alabama for 9 years and had to put up with them all that time. I do NOT agree with many of their beliefs and many of their teachings.

So is there nothing unusual about having a room of children praying for a politician?

NO!

It's a camp for kids. The room is going to be full of kids.
It's a camp for evangelical kids who are taught to 'pray always' (as the bible says to do).

It's what the camp is for - kids and prayer.

Same with Catholics. Catholic children in Catholic school - right from Kindergarden - pray for the leadership of their towns, states, and country. They pray for pro-life laws. They pray, pray, pray.

AGAIN - get a grip people. :shk: These are evangelical kids at an evangelical camp PRAYING OVER and PRAYING FOR someone who they have been told needs prayers. (and I agree with that prayer need). No one is 'praising Bush' or committing idol worship as has been suggested.

The tape is VERY CLEAR. No idol worship is going on. No 'praising Bush'. It's all PRAYING FOR him - with 'hands on' as is the evangelical way of prayer. (prayer for him is something we all should be doing). Our time is better spent praying FOR him rather then posting this kind crap - crap that IS NOT TRUE - on the internet.

:shk:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
too bad Bush is going to hell

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join