It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this HAARP?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have been intrigued with HAARP for a long time, in fact it is what lead me to discover ats. I was recently reading a post about HAARP that listed directions on how to find it with google earth. The directions were unclear but suggested it was near an air force base. I did a google search of air force bases and put the first one I found in google earth. upon my inspection of Elmendorf AFB I discovered what appears to be a massive anntenae array. Unfortunately it would not let me save the image. Here are the coordinates: Lat 61deg 15'15.54"N Long 149deg 50'52.04"W
If someone could check that out and maybe tell me what it is or post the pic I would really appreciate it. Whatever it is it is quite unusual looking.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
From what I have read and researched the official HAARP site is located in Alaska and is the one normally cited when it is mentioned. Most of the time it is claimed to be used for scientific purposes although it is acknowledged that the military makes use of it.
There may be an unofficial site near Long Island and another built in the Australian outback near the center of the continent. There is also one reported to have been one built by the Russians but is supposed to be decommissioned as it was hooked up to Chernobyl. The actual site is still there although it can be difficult to find due to forest cover.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by Scalamander]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
My research has led me to believe that the haarp system is in Fox alaska about 20 klm from Fairbanks.
The Official haarp is in Gakona ,Alaska but is just a media ploy just like nasa.
why build one when you can build 2 at ten times the prize and keep the second one secret.
I`m gonna search through my documents and try to supply some links if I can.
-Music is Magic
-Bobby

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The object that I discovered was at Elmendorf AFB near Fairbanks Alaska. The object was located at the northwest corner of the installation and is quite large. The shadow that it cast is very similar to the array posted on the Navy website. This object is also quite large. I urge you all to look at this thing.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Just so you know. Elmendorf is in Anchorage Alaska....not Fairbanks. Eielson is near Fairbanks

I dont know what it is, even though Ive been on Elmendorf numerous times. I will have my husband look at when he gets home. It probably has something to do with NSA or DoD. You can go to Elmendorf's public site and look at the unit's there.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Is this what you are looking at?

Antenna

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thats the object Mirthful Me. What the heck is it? Thanks for finding that pic it wouldnt let me take it.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I thought so...

No, that's not HAARP... It's the AN/FLR-9:

www.fas.org...

www.r-390a.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

Alas... Just an outdated Cold War relic.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Spot on Mirthful Me! Thanks for that. I find it interesting though that it utilises the ionosphere. Is this not how the HAARP operates? Is it possible they are of similar technology? PERHAPS this was a forrunner to the HAARP. Now that I Know what it is Im going to try and find out if they share similar patents.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

please post more details . on the place near Fox.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok, so the object I found isnt HAARP. Where is it because I cant seem to find it with Google Earth. I would love to see satelite images.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Ok, so the object I found isnt HAARP. Where is it because I cant seem to find it with Google Earth. I would love to see satelite images.

There are some bookmarks in ge which are labeled haarp at lat N62deg 23' 29.66" and long W145deg 08'58.47". You can see the bookmarks by going in to the google earth community layer and checking the military box. Also, you may want to read some of the posts associated with the bookmarks as other potential sites were mentioned. Not sure if this is what you're looking for and only half the site is in hi-res.

Vince

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Vinceg, thanks a mill. I will deffinately check it out. While Im responding, what are your thoughts on HAARP? Do you believe that its a government funded deathray?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
i am sorry i can not supply more information, but the pictures i have seen of harp it was large 'square' shaped antenna field. i wish i could offer more assistance.

mirthful me...i LOVE your new avatar

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
All I had ever seen of it were the official pictures. Thats why I wanted to see the google earth images for myself. I was hoping to determine if they will be the same as the Navys official pictures.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think i found the site near Fox, its not a "square" but its definitely in an interesting looking antenna array of some sort.

64°52'20.68" N 146°50'20.14" W

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

Is this what you are looking for?

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

It is in Gakona, Alaska

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

No, i was looking for a so-called 2nd one that an earlier poster said was near Fox, Alaska. If someone could check out those coordinates i posted to figure out what that is, i'd appreciate it, it doesn't look at all like the "main" haarp site but its a bit odd looking and ive never quite seen that before anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Lwsix, I checked out the coordinates you posted. Thats not HAARP, but it is unusual. There are a great deal of various antennae array in Alaska apparently.
Greeneyedleo, the link you posted is good stuff thanks. However, I searched Gakona and could not find anything like the pictures from the link. There is a strip running right through Gakona where the definition is lower than the areas around it........I wonder why????

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

Hmmm.
Well, I have driven thru Fox Alaska numerous times...im not far from it.
But Im not aware of any such facility....and that doesnt mean it exists or doesnt exist. There just isnt much there. LOL

[edit on 1-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join