It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Really in your best interest?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I must feel that both sides of the Paul debate are neither extremely prejudiced, organised or diabolical.

The Ron Paul supporters are a hodge podge of freedom fighters, non-interventionists, conservatives & more. This very eclectic group includes libertarians, liberals & libertines. Some of you would do well to study the differences between these three categories as such distinctions can remove political ignorrance. It is a point of pride for the US Citizenry that they can mobilise such a beautifully motivated body of persons. Ron Paul has won every debate of this Presidential Election cycle, to the best of my knowledge. I will be delighted to be corrected if mistaken.

The Ron Paul opposition is not, I feel, a deliberate effort to squash liberty & constitutuionalism. It undoubtedly includes some personages so dedicated, but is more a robust & immoveable status quo; unresponsive to change & happy to dither away the dying days of the greatest nation on God's green earth.

In any event the voting public in America, which is a dangerously small minority, is still able to have the candidate it desires, even if their will can only be executed through the media & the parties, both extra-constitutional ignoramusical monstrosities.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I view him as in my best interest only on account of the fact that the traditional Democrats and Republicans have shown time and again that they are not in my best interest. At 28, I am living in a country that is (despite what the talking heads tell you) on the brink of an economic disaster; one where despite my best efforts, I will be forced to work until my dying day since retirement will never be an option if things do not change; and I am watching people my age and younger being sent off all over the world to be the symbol of America's moral supremacy only to be greeted with violence, and far too often, death. So yes, he is my best option as he has ideas that could potentially curb this trend.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join