It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Really in your best interest?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GT100FV

Understood. But take a few minutes and read these one-hit-wonder posters. They don't even attempt to make reasonable arguments or attack Dr. Paul's position. It's all vague BS. If he looks too good to be true he must be NWO. Give me a break.

My guess is that people aligned with the other campaigns are finidng out where there are pockets of RP support and posting trash. Like they do on TV. Not a conspiracy. Just good old fashioned mud-slinging.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Merry Christmas all.

Again I would like to point out a recent trend here on ATS.

Noobies join and immediately post a Ron Paul hit thread. Like they have --- oh, I don't know --- an agenda or something. Go ahead ATSers. Look at all the recent Ron Paul hit threads (part of the NWO, scam, liar, trap, you know what I mean). Check the join date of the OPer and the date of the thread. Conspiracy? I believe so. Deny ignorance. Eat the ignorant.

I agree this needs to stop. There are patrols going all over the internet as part of the well known intelligence ops. 'They' literally hire people to sit on computers and put out 'Ron Paul is New World Order' or "Ron Paul - the Death of America'. This is happening on youtube etc. and I've said this in other Ron Paul hit threads too.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtonwater

He is a very shady person who has said alot of terrible things. He does not believe there should be any sexual harassment suits in work places. He believes if a woman believes she is being sexually harassed, should just quit. He has implied several times that the black man is bring down our cities. This is why he has the support of the kkk.

Thankfully this guy is just a joke that will soon fade back into obscurity.

This kind of BS isn't even funny. Rampant, unfounded character slander. God bless America.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtonwater

Cite your sources. Your post is not credible unless you can back up your claims of Ron Paul supporting the KKK and sexual harassment, and it borders on libel (if you can't actually find DEFINITIVE evidence of this, then it *is* libel).

It is fairly well documented that I find it difficult to trust any other human being and especially politicians, pharmaceutical reps, and anyone making unsubstantiated claims. The closest thing to supporting the KKK that I'm aware of would his refusal to give back a $500 donation from an individual white supremecist (who, to my knowledge, was *not* identified as a KKK member). And as I commented before, accepting money from a racist does not transitively make one a racist.

I am still on the fence as for whom I shall cast my vote in 2008 (in other words, I do not yet support *any* political candidate, though I am closer to RP than any of the others), so this is not some blanket RP defense post. It is, however, a "you better lay down proof of these allegations if you want to be taken seriously post").

/tn.

Edited to correct minor punctuation error.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by teleonaut]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
From a 1992 article in the "Ron Paul Political Report:"

-- quote -- Indeed, it is shocking to consider the uniformity of
opinion among blacks in this country. Opinion polls consistently show
that only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e.
support the free market, individual liberty, and the end of welfare
and affirmative action.... Given the inefficiencies of what D.C.
laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely
assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or
entirely criminal.

If similar in-depth studies were conducted in other major cities, who
doubts that similar results would be produced? We are constantly told
that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly
irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, and
burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers. -- end quote --

I have heard and seen references to this in several places. Some people say Ron Paul did not write this himself. If he didn't then it must represent his political views. If he irresponsible enough to let something this twisted get slipped into his political journal if it is not his position, then I think that speaks volumes on this guy's character and accountability.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by dirtonwater]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Humans are a doomed species!

I really hope something happens soon to wipe most of us out!

This world is so corrupt, we past the point of no return decades ago!

Does anyone honestly think that choosing someone into office will actually DO anything? Really? That many?.............Can you provide a governmental track record to convince me that we are all not going to die a horrible death!

Negative I know, but a likely outcome.

Good luck people!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the real deal..
,,,,you know it,...they know it..the media hates the truth...
........Ron Paul would be good for the country...get back to basics..
...........go..RON PAUL...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

entirely criminal.

Ahem- I believe, like many, you've completely misinterpreted , or perhaps masterfully re-interpreted the meaning of his quote, so I'll point it out for you.

Indeed, the black community has a shocking uniformity in opinion in politics (correct).

Opinion polls show that 5% are anti-libertarian, and do not want the system of welfare or affirmative action to end.

Given the influences of the democrats (that is, the dog and pony response to the re-puppet-lican party), they have manipulated the criminal 'justice' system (quote for irony?) and

- here's the important part

- within that system 95% are considered criminal or semi-criminal.

So what is this really saying? Well, I outlined it as best I could,
it's saying that the democrat's have been championed for the black community while at the same time creating a system within which, the black community is considered 'criminal'. The fact is, 60% of prisons being black in Los Angeles says more about Los Angeles than black people. Given a system wherein they can get a job, live in a crime free area, etc. you can clearly see that black people are not as oppressed in the city, or in the democratic 'system' which they so often rely on.

At least, that's my interpretation, as best as I imagine Ron Paul would mean it. He is a libertarian before being a racist republican, but his image is constantly slandered by misinterpreted quotes from, 15 years ago...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul is the absolute best candidate and is recieving my vote because you have to vote for somebody, and he's the least likely to screw it up and most likely to fix our country. So if you don't want the war to end, and you want the CIA to keep spying on your conversations in your home and you want the government to keep stealing your rights to fight "terrorism" then fine, vote for someone else.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

So is it your assertion that part of being a Republican is by definition, to be a racist? That's a load of BS.

www.renewamerica.us...
I wonder how he would feel to know that he's racist.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV

So is it your assertion that part of being a Republican is by definition, to be a racist? That's a load of BS.

There are stereotypes for Republicans being racist, yes. I have nothing to do with that. Ron Paul is being smeared with all kinds of racist BS and I don't believe a word of it, they're just trying to pigeonhole him because he's not a Democrat - when Democrats are just as responsible for discriminating for minorities.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

There are indeed stereotypes, but if we're trying to deny ignorance, we should probably try to avoid painting in such broad strokes. It could be argued that the wellfare state that the liberals created has done far more damage to the black communities, than those stingy Republicans. Which policy is really the racist one? The one designed to keep low income people perpetually helpless and on the dole, with little hope of improving their lot in life, or the one that encourages one to take initiative, and make something of themselves? Conservatives feel it is far more beneficial to teach a man to fish, than to give him a fish.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peacfulloffering
First take a look at equalizing inflation for the lower to middle class. The only way i can precive this as even possible, since inflation is based on the value of the dollar, is by increasing the wages of the lower to middle class people.

You don't seem to be analyzing Ron Paul's plans, but rather your own ideas as to how his concepts would work. So really, you are just judging your own approaches at conquering the same problems. Your solutions have nothing to do with Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
What campaign is sending these people here?

I've voiced my opinion as have many other long time ATS members on the issue of Dr.Paul so we really have no need to reply to these posts, nothing they say is new, nor is anything we say, So its a pointless debate to which its only purpose is to get us to bite....

With that said I won't be commenting on Dr.Paul however I am going to give a link to some info the OP should read and further educate himself on before he posts disinfo regarding the income tax and what it pays for.

www.uhuh.com...

Heres some of the Taxes that pay for everything that makes your world go round.

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer registration tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

The state/Local income taxes are debatable as are the IRS related taxes as they fall into the same category as the Federal Income tax, but thats another issue..

Now you can also dig further into what each of these are supposed to pay for, and find out what they are actually be used for.. in many instances you will find they aren't being used for there intended purpose, and are used in a way thats wasteful and non beneficial to your community.

They revenue collected through indirect taxes (The constitutional tax) is more then enough to run this country, However corrupt beurocracies, and wasteful spending doesn't allow this to happen the way it should.

But seeing as Uncle Sam has every soccer mom and joe schmoe, worrying about appeasing the almighty federal Government and feeling like a good little citizen because they pay their slave taxes, and looking down on those who question its authority to steal from The People, Nothing will change.

I mean for one example www.bloomberg.com...

and this is just the stuff that gets caught...

Then sure we need to be good little slaves and pay our slave tax..

Educate yourselves.

The Government controlled school system sure won't, Gee wonder why?

Oh yeah, an informed an educated people might start asking to many questions...

[edit on 28-12-2007 by C0le]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Peacfulloffering

Going back to the original topic,,(lol),,,

You proved some points and when I first heard of Dr. Paul, I thought he was a lil "out there" too. But I did my research, and I am a government employees so I can see how his ideas can work.

Abolish the IRS:

Good. Paying income tax is technically illegal if you were to go by the Constitution. Forcing Americans to give up half there money to the Federal Government is not American at all. We don't even pay taxes to run the IRS. So why keep them around.

Abolish Income Tax:

Excellent. You don't need federal money for roads and highways. The state funds roads and highways. Towns/Cities fund their roads. I work for the State of NJ DOT. We only get Federal money for our emergency service patrol on interstates. Honestly, they are a huge waste of tax payers money because all they do is change tires and get gas. (in this day and age, if you can't change a tire or aren't smart enuff to gas up on a interstate trip,,,well,,DUH!)

Utility companies are privately owned. The day of the state owned utility company has been gone a long, long time. The only thing the government may be involved with is the "Bureau of Utilities" and they don't do anything but regulate complaints. They need to go too.

I think our best interest is to let the states tax along with property tax. Along with sales tax, it would work.

Gold Standard:

here is where I'm not too educated so your views do make sense. This truly is a tricky scenario, but to have money that is worth something does sound good.

Abolish CIA,FBI, Homeland Security, etc...

I honestly think that we could just slam them all into one agency. Keep a close eye on that. I would keep Homeland security , but only in airports. Other then that, ya have to clean house and start from scratch. The CIA is too dangerous as is the FBI.

Stop policing the world:

That should be number one on any candidates list. The whole "War on Terror" is ludicrous. That's like creating the "War on Ghosts" or the "War on Aliens". The world hates the US because we have a "Do as I say, not as I do or I'll Invade your Country and build a base" Policy.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You forgot the most important fact about Ron Paul. He is a racist. The Ron Paul White Revolution.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtonwater

Check your facts Hillary. You're blatantly wrong. The NYT was forced to retract the KKK smear. All this recent stuff is just people like yourself, NWO shills, sniping.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
ron paul is one of the last true patriots, he is picking up speed and no amount of slander, or outright lying will have much negative effect on his message, infact i think it helps him more than it hurts. Funny how desperate ron paul opponents are getting

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

First take a look at equalizing inflation for the lower to middle class. The only way i can precive this as even possible, since inflation is based on the value of the dollar, is by increasing the wages of the lower to middle class people.

Watch this video and you'll understand
it's Ron Paul arguing against the Federal Reserve
that's how dollar is increased, measurable printing of money

Cut the income tax and the countries debt will not only increase at record rates, but utillites, roads and any essencial service will degrade due to lack of funding.

You need to study more Ron Paul
majority of income tax money is used to police the world
your bridges are falling apart in the U.S. while America pays to rebuild bridges it destroyed in other countries

it pays 12million dollars to Pakistan for having a nuclear weapon
it paid 20million dollars to put Musarraf in power
it pays almost a million dollars everyday to pay for Blackwater services
almost a billion dollars a day to stay in Iraq

all your income tax money goes towards nation building and war, not towards building brides and roads in america, no no, that happes in other countries with american money

this is what Ron Paul wants to end

Bringing back the gold standard would be like adding an exponent value to the trouble we are already seeing above. Doing this would have 2 instant effects, 1 it would raise the value of the dollar to the highest value in the world and 2 almost all the money in the US would disapear in an instant.

a little far fetched there buddy
don't you think
that's an extreme and improbable worse case scenario

Stopping borrowing money from forieng investors is another idea that sounds good in the present. No better way to get out of debt with forieng powers then to stop borrowing and pay them back right? well unfortunatly this is very naive at best because an action like this would be a double edged sword. Think of it this way, would you keep investing in somebody if they completly pulled out and stopped investing in you?

So you mean to say that Bill Gates only owns a large share of Apple because he is under the false impression that Steve Jobs buys MS products?

Seems like a rushed thread post with little or no research done beforehand

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

From a 1992 article in the "Ron Paul Political Report:"

entirely criminal.

If similar in-depth studies were conducted in other major cities, who
doubts that similar results would be produced? We are constantly told
that it is evil to be afraid of black men, but it is hardly
irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, and
burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers. -- end quote --

I have heard and seen references to this in several places. Some people say Ron Paul did not write this himself. If he didn't then it must represent his political views. If he irresponsible enough to let something this twisted get slipped into his political journal if it is not his position, then I think that speaks volumes on this guy's character and accountability.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by dirtonwater]

Congrats dude, you found the only dirt on Ron Paul. He in fact didn't write it, but even if he did, does it matter? Have you looked at the rest of the turds running? On most things in life I have a live and let live view, religion or opinions. But not today. Not this election. You have a damn founding father running for office and you are so distracted you bicker over wich member of the CFR to elect. If the American people are to dumb to vote themselves to freedom then do they really deserve it? Sorry, I'm sick of this.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by dark_matter06]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join