It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abandon Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Abandon Congress

www.lewrockwell.com

Abandon Congress
www.lewrockwell.com...

Let us abandon Congress, which means let us abandon the U.S. Constitution that establishes Congress. When a business project is losing money, any rational owner either fixes it up, sells it, or abandons it.

I know of no evidence that Congress or the Constitution can be fixed up. The opposite evidence, a continuously malfunctioning organization, is reported daily in every Act of Congress. To fix up Congress properly for 300 million diverse Americans would require an impossibility: a political consensus concerning the acceptable law of the land. This law would be a minimalist affair that is not even remotely held as a fervent desire in the hearts and minds of most Americans. I conclude that Congress and the Constitution are broken and can’t be fixed. We should abandon them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-12-2007 by lifelike action figure]

[edit on 26/12/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Quite appropriate and the only logical step. That which does not reflect the accurate nature of reality in terms of purpose ceases to exist.

can someone forward this to pol news, the link was not working.

www.lewrockwell.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thats not a 500 word `snippet` thats printing the entire thing you should trim it down.

and abandon the entire basis of the USA `Land of the Free` so to form a dictatorship; have a baboon - the moment that happens is the moment the US fails.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
another deep thinker.

the constitution is already invalid. It is being used as a tool FOR dictatorship.

I really am enjoying the disturbed, lonely, angry male energy that tries to pass itself off as intelligent.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If we don't take back the running of our political system, more and more people will adopt this attitude. War and bloodshed will follow.

It is not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. It's not a matter of why, it's a matter of how.

Change is one of those ill defined laws of nature that can't be gotten around, even when you can't see it's boundaries.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lifelike action figure

anyway - i would cut the quote down to 500 words - site rules and all that for posting `breaking news`

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You do not need to abandon congress to get them do what they were mean to do.

Just ban all lobbyist whores from congress and they will not have anybody to write laws for them bringing our congress to start thinking for themselves for once and the people that really elected them.

I say let ban the lobbyist whores.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Honestly the millisecond you abandon/ fix/ or manhandle any major documentation such as " American Constitution " You will have the same thing you already have happened, Nothing, the people who Own america Are the ones You all buy your products from everyday.

You eat/ burn/ live on and depend on these very people, Yes we have so called congress, and so called leaders and representatives, But they are either being manipulated by or just are these people who own US.

these people will continue to own us untill we stop valuing the most presious thing to us all. " MONEY "

We have abused the idea of money far more then we could anything else in this world, We let people die, starve, kill, maim, suffer, gloat, defy all natural and human laws for money.

You know what im talking about, an just as we seem to not know a way to live without gas or fossil fuels, we think we cant live without money as well.

Honestly ever stop and wonder, well If my mom and dad, or even myself am working to supply items to others and make others have items likewise, why cant we have our basic needs taken care of, why cant we work towards that car we wanted instead of go bankrupt for it and owe even more money?

Why cant we live in the house thats designed for our family, rather then this rat infested apartment, we all work.

these things need to be addressed before any documents or congress are messed with, Humans Need to be a equal and balanced workplace as well.

it may be a pipe dream, but I have seen too many people suffer because they arent able to attain enough of it, and are labeled in the "I dont care " Pile. they might get some treatment but it might not be the full or correct kind, Oh well its not me, Next.........

Survival of the Fittest? Or Survival of the SELFISH?

[edit on 24-12-2007 by Tranceopticalinclined]

top topics

join