It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Democrat Reversal ...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just a couple of points.
Bush said the surge was designed to a) cut down violence, this is to lead to b) the negotiation of a unified democratic government. Bush even called this ploy "buying time" go look it up in the State of the Union 2007. On a) he has mixed results, the violence is down, but as others have pointed out this is due to several variables, they know the surge will be finite and the insurgents had already pretty well divided the populace how they saw fit. On b) even he admits the surge is an abject failure. The Iraqi government is NOWHERE close to a settlement to rule together. If anything they are further apart. SO the ultimate goal of the surge has failed period, it is unarguable if you read ANY news about the Iraqi government.
I have several family members over there and they have all pretty much said "well yeah there is little fighting, everyone lives in their own little neighborhoods with concrete walls separating them from others and with us policing the middle ground. we leave it all goes to hell."

If you think this is really working then I suggest you go join up. Petraus has said the Army literally cannot handle the surge past April. If the surge is working go join, or call for a draft. More bodies in the line are what will staunch the bleeding but until the cause of the bleeding is fixed (i.e. the Iragi's not working together) all we do is sacrifice for the sake of sacrifice.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The best to your family members over there. I hope they return safe and well in the new year...

<< 1   >>

join