It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pessimism over Ron Paul's chances..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, I am quite pessimistic overall of his chances to become the Republican nominee. I could see him running independent after not winning the nomination however.

I am very idealistic, and I really want him in there just like alot of you do. I think the viewer results to the polls are just as hilarious and shocking in a good way as well.

But we have to remember, this is the Grande Ole Party, the Republican party, we're talking about here. These are the same voters and donation givers that got Bush elected, or close enough to steal the election, two terms in a row!

So they tend to blindly follow the "most charming/charismastic" candidate who has the most morals. It's sad really. And I know if all the people who dont vote got up and voted, we'd have a silent majority, but this group has yet to be awakened, they remain disillusioned, and i dont blame them.

Young people have it so hard right now trying to just live with a roof and a job(s) working ridiculous hours to just scrape by, that you wonder why they dont show up to the polls? I don't wonder, seems pretty obvious.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I agree 100% with everything you have said, you are not alone in feeling this way. Sometimes i feel that the only way to turn it all around is a civil war. I mean lets face it, as much as i love Ron Paul and want him to win, i think he has a much more likely chance of getting assassinated. This government has too much power, and i don't think they are going to let it all go through their fingers by letting someone like RP get into a position in which he can take it away from them.

Regardless of my catastrophic thought process, i will do everything in my power to spread the word, I've already got most of my family enlightened. Maybe, just maybe there is still a chance.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

I know how you feel. I've thought about the Civil War thing quite a bit, considering how feasible it would be to wage war, even defensively, against United States' Armed Forces. Let me just say you'd essentially have a situation much like Iraq, with alot of urban fighting, except you'd have much less suicide bombers, much less sophistication in the usage of improvised explosive devices, complete with timers or cellphone-detonators. For example, in Colombia, the FARC, or Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, employ the use of bombs set off via cellphone detonators, but not on the same level of skill as the Iraqi insurgents, and nowehre near the same frequency. In the end, we'd have a really crummy Guerrilla War on our hands, and the only troops worth a crap we'd have would be hunters and woodsmen .. aside from the army / marine / navy / air force troops that decide to defect to the "rebel" side, lol.

I dont think RP will get assassinated. Too many people would know something was up, its possible but very highly unlikely.

I guess the true way of being able to tell just how deep in the "Ruling Families'" pocket our next President will be is to see who SHE picks as her Vice Presidential running mate. Heheh..

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Something like only 10% of the population votes in the primaries. I say because Ron Paul's supporters are so fanatical about him getting elected they will surge the ballot boxes resulting in his win.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Chin up runetang,

You've probably noticed the increase in Media attacks over the last couple of days. Even here..On Good 'ole ATS..Home of "grassroots" media.

Big Media does not attack candidates that stand no chance!

Not many attacks on Tancredo, or Hunter.

But it's a Ron Paul Blitzkrieg this week.
Wonder why that is?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golack
Something like only 10% of the population votes in the primaries. I say because Ron Paul's supporters are so fanatical about him getting elected they will surge the ballot boxes resulting in his win.

Most of Ron Paul supporters are not registered Republicans. That makes it kind of hard to vote for him in the primaries. He has no chance. The Ron Paul Fantasy is almost over! Thank God!

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The ghost of Barry Goldwater . Even if Ron pulls off an upset and wins the Republican nomination he would lose in a landslide to Hillary IMO. The Grass roots of the Republican party is currently lethargic and would be split by Ron candidacy . Those who don't want change for change sake and instead want measured change for what they consider a better future. Ron as already out LBW in the morality stakes which will eroded his chances of gaining any true wide spread support.

Having said all of that I think that Ron wont win the nomination if he gets into the nervous ninety's I will rethink my position .

new topics

top topics

join