It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan government spokesman says UFOs do exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well the title is pretty much self explanatory:

Read more on:

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Another high-ranking person being scoffed at.

Another drop in the ocean of cases for the existence of UFOs.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I spent a good many years living and working in Japan
going back to the time of the Navajo Code Talkers' the US military just loves to post us Natives there

Anyway UFO's are an almost every night thing on their local TV. so they dont have our taboos on the subject. Still Japan is not like the US. most research is done by private companies and we all know if there is no profit in it for the company then why bother?

The Philippines is another place where the subject is quite popular BTW

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I spent a good many years living and working in Japan
going back to the time of the Navajo Code Talkers' the US military just loves to post us Natives there

Anyway UFO's are an almost every night thing on their local TV. so they dont have our taboos on the subject. Still Japan is not like the US. most research is done by private companies and we all know if there is no profit in it for the company then why bother?

The Philippines is another place where the subject is quite popular BTW

Good for the Japanese!!! atleast they'r doing something to try and find out what is flying in our skies! or maybe they'r trying to duplicate the technology so they could have their own spacefleet! (my imagination runing wild here:lol

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
huh... UZFo so exit... but are they from outer worlds or are from earth
they should confirm that.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This is making the rounds with some major media!

BBC:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Associated Press:
ap.google.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I wonder if this statement has anything to do with their shooting down a missile in space that was launched from a ship in Hawaii? Seems like the two stories coming out of Japan may be closely related. Maybe something happened during that test?

Story here: www.foxnews.com...

It seems the US was involved in the test allowing Japan to fire a missile from Hawaii to intercept the mid range ballistic missile 100 miles above earth. Maybe their missile did not intercept it at all.....maybe something else shot it out of space?

-B

[edit on 12/18/07 by Vasa Croe]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Lets be clear here Nobutaka Machimura said he personally believes they exist but issued a statement saying it could not confirm any cases of unidentified flying objects.
Also noted in the article "But the government does not even try to collect information necessary for the confirmation."

The Prime Minister also stated "I have yet to confirm (that UFOs exist)," later in the day.

I think the post title is a bit misleading.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
this is nothing..he just said he personally believed they exist..so do a lot of people. He's not uncovering any hidden secrets here, he shoulda waited till he had some evidence from their files or something.

Bah humbug..

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
I think the post title is a bit misleading.

It's hard to call it misleading when it was the title of the news post he was sharing.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

Fair enough..then the News Headline is misleading!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

"Also noted in the article "But the government does not even try to collect information necessary for the confirmation." "

Yeah right...Must be the only government out there who does NOT try to collect such information.

I just do not buy that line sorry.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Of course UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) exist! They always have!

Now, whether or not they are some kind of extraterrestrial vehicle is another matter entirely...One which will require *much* more evidence.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by neuralfraud]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
From the article

"Personally, I definitely believe they exist," he said, apparently tongue in cheek.

That is a lot different than an official government view on the subject, nor is it proof of anything. He offers no evidence to back-up his belief, nor do we have any evidence he is in any sort of position to have any first-hand knowledge of the subject.

As he says, it is just his personal belief.

I have a question before the "believers" out there. If this government official said there was no such thing as UFOs/aliens visiting the Earth, you would believe he is participating in the cover-up, right? If the government (or world governments) are engaging in a cover-up and lying to us, why would you believe them when they say something you want to hear?

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod

The Prime Minister also stated "I have yet to confirm (that UFOs exist)," later in the day.

Emphasis on LATER that day, after he had been scoffed at and taking some beatings from others. His very first statement was "UFOs exist". Later statements tried to soften the blow.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I doubt he would have any information. You never let your spokesman in on sensitive information, in case they have a slip of the tongue. You only let them know what they need to know for the job.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neuralfraud

Well, unless you are willing to suggest that humanity was capable of building these strange objects as far back as 300 years ago, they have been reported for at least that long, then I don't know what else they could be.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

You don’t know what else they could be, SpeakerofTruth?

Human beings are not necessary to create unknown aerial phenomenon or anomalous meteorological events. People today even make commonplace mistakes such as misidentifying celestial objects (typically Venus) as alien craft.

The farther you go back in time, the farther away you get from man’s current understanding of this phenomenon and thus it becomes more common and even more inexplicable.

But is there any reason to automatically assume, without any substantial evidence that can stand up to scientific scrutiny, that they are “alien craft?” Hardly…

Science does NOT consist of second-hand anecdotal evidence or on the opinions of the general populace. Videos, photos, and personal reports can only be accepted at face value but offer absolutely nothing in the way of something we can really nail down.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

op by Saviorcomplex"I doubt he would have any information. You never let your spokesman in on sensitive information, in case they have a slip of the tongue. You only let them know what they need to know for the job."

Very good point,the guy ain't exactly director of black operations....or is he ?

op by SpeakerofTruth"Well, unless you are willing to suggest that humanity was capable of building these strange objects as far back as 300 years ago, they have been reported for at least that long, then I don't know what else they could be"

And another good point,although I am betting this goes back further than 300years.

www.crystalinks.com...

hometown.aol.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
neuralfraud Thanks for all of your input on ATS. I'm glad to see a skeptical point of view on all these supernatural and alien claims that provide no real evidence. Keep up the good work we need more people like you.
Just wondering are you also a member on the randi forums?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join