It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Personality Disorder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hi everyone whatukno here, Sorry for the weird What U KNO 2 but thats a glitch I am trying to work on.

Anywho. My roommate has invited a person into our apartment this girl has multiple personality disorder. (complete with names.) I realize that I am certainly not the person that can help this young lady out but does anyone have any places this girl can go? Shes homeless and needs help. Here is the problem. She is not dangerous either to herself or to others so we can't simply baker act her.

Here in Florida the only real way to commit someone is if they might harm themselves or others. This girl is safe as milk but needs professional help to merge the two distinct personalities that are raging inside her head together.

Some sage advice would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
when i was working at wal-mart i was cool with a guy who had this crap. when i first met him he told me had he multiple personalities. he claimed to have 3 personalities. he told me one was a superhero, i forgot what the other one was, and the 3rd one was a girl names candy. i didn't believe him until one day (a day i will NEVER EVER forget) we went to the mall.

we walked past victoria secret and his candy personality kicked in. the guy went in that f'n store and bought some thongs. his exact words when he came out were "e (my name's eric but some ppl call me e) boy i'm gonna try some of these on and take pictures in them, then after they develop i want you tell me which one you think is the sexiest. he sounded JUST LIKE a damn woman to. i mean his voice didn't possess even the slightest bit of testostorone. i RAN out the mall as fast as i could, got in my car and left him there.

now that i think back on it he may have had multiple personality disorder, but i seriously believe his whole "candy" persona was simply an excuse for him being a closet homosexual. but hell, who knows..

as for what to do? well i wouldn't know..i stopped dealing with the guy that had that crap, so i couldnt tell ya

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I talk to myself a lot, not many people to talk to, set up part of my brain to argue topics with and stuff.
For help? Look it up, I guess. Pat of it may be she needs people to help her, talk to, that sort of thing. Some times a separate personality use one as a shield I think.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have lived with a family member who has multiple personality disorder and it aren't ease you certainly get mixed messages which makes life difficult . In fact more then one member of my family has multiple personality disorder.

But other then mixed messages you shouldn't assume that she is some kind of lunatic who will do you harm. As for names I would imagen that is just a way of ID with the differnt personality's rather then responding to the differnt names in general conversation.

I would give your room mate a boot up the ass for not consulting you on this matter.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't relly know what to tell you what to do here short of hitting her in the head with a brick and seeing if it knocks some that loose wiring around some.

On a serious note the very first thign you should try to do is get her off the streets, and perhaps employed so she can start seeing a professional. Charity and Compassion are wonderful things.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by What U KNO 2

Perhaps she doesn't need to be committed; just medicated and counseled by a therapist.

Sometimes the county, city, charitable, church, have outreach programs for the mentally unstable to help them find help.

Call around and google local. First though call the county mental health services.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Jovi1 and whaaa I would be careful about who is approached about this matter because few people understand the disorder and ignorance that can surround the matter would be unhelpful and hurtful. Even amognst the professionals who may treat the person in question in my family members experience not all of them know how to deal with the disorder .

So something like this falls way beyond some volunteer counsellor little alone some of the professionals.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
just my two cents. but i believe every county has a MHMR program. they usually work sliding scale fees according to income. if this person has no income, then there would be no charge. but i would definitely treat this person with kindness and compassion. multiple personalities generally derive from an event so traumatic that the person develops the other personalities in order to cope.

new topics

top topics

join