It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush supports Russia sending enriched uranium to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Bush supports Russia sending enriched uranium to Iran

www.reuters.com

FREDERICKSBURG, Va., Dec 17 (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush said on Monday he supports Russia sending enriched uranium to Iran for civilian power use because it meant that Tehran did not need to pursue their own enrichment capabilities.

"If the Russians are willing to do that, which I support, then the Iranians do not need to learn how to enrich," Bush said. "If the Iranians accept that uranium for a civilian nuclear power plant, then there's no need for them to learn how to enrich."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.connpost.com
www.debka.com
news.goldseek.com
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bush: 'My Opinion Hasn't Changed' Towards Iran
U.S.: Iran not building nukes
U.S. Says Iran Ended Atomic Arms Work
Iran stops selling oil in U.S. dollars

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am confused. Couldn't the -pre-enriched uranium still be further enriched to bomb making? Or is this the first step of the Bush Administration backing down from attacking Iran?

DocMoreau

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
its sealed by the IAEA as fuel rods - and is loaded in the reactor as fuel rods - the flip side is the real world cost - its costs money for another country to make this for you and thats the step iran want to cut out - as they are allowed to do as they are an NPT signatory.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Oh, I see. Sort of like a 'proprietary' version.

Still I think this Iran huffing and puffing may have run its course. The pressure at home is getting hotter with the primaries coming. The NIE report took a lot of air our of the bellows, in my opinion. But how do you admit you were wrong, without admitting it? Make a 'concession' in your policy, that you can't really stop anyway.

DocMoreau

top topics

join