It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran stops selling oil in U.S. dollars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Iran stops selling oil in U.S. dollars

uk.news.yahoo.com

Iran has completely stopped selling any of its oil for U.S. dollars, an Iranian news agency reported on Saturday, citing the oil minister of the world's fourth-largest crude producer.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This has been considered by many members of this board as a bellweathe event for the collapse of the Petrodollar, the rise of the Petroeuro. Also as a trigger for a possible invasion to prevent the "Iranian Oil Bourse" from moving forward.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Big news. I wonder what the Dollar will do on the markets now?

Nosedive? Quite possibly.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Iran has the right to sell their oil in any currency they want too.

Now wouldnt it be even harder for Bush to get support for an invasion as this would now also be linked to this event?

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
Now wouldnt it be even harder for Bush to get support for an invasion as this would now also be linked to this event?

To be honest I think it would be very hard to invade regardless of this latest twist. I think that this event will have great impact on the US economy, and hence the world economy.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
why werent the indigos there to talk Iran into taking our money for just a bit longer until we get a new president to undo what bushy has done...

Now Im sad....

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is scary stuff. This is about survival now. I dont want to end up homeless because our economy collapses.

For the first time I now wish we would have invaded them and dodged this bullet. We may all go down hard because of this, our economy just cant take anymore.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucky One
This is scary stuff. This is about survival now. I dont want to end up homeless because our economy collapses.

For the first time I now wish we would have invaded them and dodged this bullet. We may all go down hard because of this, our economy just cant take anymore.

honestly I think there is some sort of back up plan our govt has, that is too fast for something to happen, there would or will be widespread panic that noone could control

i think we are going to ease into collapse

so many people out there are unhappy with our govt as it stands and to have such a quick for or collapse seems highly unlikely but not possible, lets just hope not

I got a brick, show me a window

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In my opinion the American government has brought this apon themselfs.

However, I really hate the way the american people might have to suffer because of their government.

It is time to look at the world from a humanitary point of view. The sooner people and the worlds governments figure this out the better.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I very much doubt we could reach this scenario without it having been predicted and planned for. Even ATS'ers knew this was coming.

I have my suspicions that the mis-management of the economy is purposeful, and has been planned to engineer a situation whereby China's reserve of dollars is rendered worthless.

The cold war never ended, it just happens to be waged financially now.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The Fed is poised to keep dropping interest rates which will only make the situation worse. The dollar will continue to fall and China and the Arab countries will be under increasing pressure to bail out before they lose anymore of their investment. Which will cause real problems for financing the interest on our debt as well as the debt itself.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Iran has completely stopped selling any of its oil for U.S. dollars, an Iranian news agency reported on Saturday, citing the oil minister of the world's fourth-largest crude producer.

"This is why, at the meeting of the heads of states, Iran proposed to OPEC members that a currency (for oil exports) would be determined that would be reliable and would not cause any loss to exporter countries," he said.

WOw, that seems so familiar to what i heard Lindsey Williams say before...mmm where is that video...oh here it is enjoy

part 7

www.youtube.com...

part 8

www.youtube.com...

GOOGLE: Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis

I think we may be attacking iran or something very soon...

[edit on 8-12-2007 by ATSGUY]

[edit on 8-12-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This was not really difficult to predict in the long run, when one looks at recent "news." A week and a half ago we find out that the NIE has determined that Iran stopped its nuclear weapons programs in 2003. A week ago Bush determines that "that doesn't change anything." I doubt anyone really thinks that this wasn't prepared for...we all know the gov't prepares for rediculous scenareos...

I'm willing to bet that, with the public revealation that the gov't has known since 2003 that Iran didn't pose a real military threat, a nuclear threat...just as everyone in the intelligence community knew since the '90s that Iraq was not a threat...the NeoCon White House has been hoping for this reaction by Tehran...why all of the sabre rattling by the White House, the refusal to back down, the refusal to negociate from an honest standpoint?

Its simple...if America isn't going to get behind the War against Iran because of some dreamed up "moralism"...then the next step is to create a situation that is very real....allow the threat from Iran to escape from the imagination of the people and turn it into one that attacks the deeper fiber of the American being.... It is not the morals that make up the "American way of life," it is the consumer trends....and if the economy collapses because of this....well....people won't feel they have a choice but to fight... Breadline or Frontline....

Remember.... World War II was not started because of genocide....it had an awful lot to do with Germany trying to find a scapegoat for a failed economy...and we all know how it ended...

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wonder when Venezuela will announce that they will drop the dollar also.

Now, people before trying to justify the invasion of another nation due to oil, just remember that our nation produces oil.

Now isn't that interesting that for decades we have been manipulated to believe that our natural resource is untouchable?

Sometimes we as a nation most question the real agenda of those that rule our nation, believe that they own our resources and force us citizens to fight their Geopolitical wars.

Remember that is their greed and corruption that have our nation in the mess that is right now.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I never saw one good reason why petrol had and has to be paid in $.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Sick and pathetic are two words that come to mind with your post.

You would rather invade (sorry, nuke) another country just because your currency is failing... You would risk the lives of thousands of INNOCENT iranians, just beacause your country is failing....

Sick and pathetic.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anything Iran does or has ever done will have little effect on the U.S. The major U.S. media think so much of this story that they don't even make mention of it.
The other OPEC members refused to follow Iran's suggestion to not take USD, so this is much ado about nothing. No way anything Iran does will collapse the U.S. economy. I swear, there are people here who will believe anything; wake up folks.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wonder the timing of the decision, makes you want to think that their is a conspiracy is really going to have this 2 countries go to war.

On the other side the side that I like it could just mean a wise business decision by Iran and that the U.S. would adjust accordingly and its just business as usual.

By the way, if the price of oil in the world markets is still price in dollars, that woud mean IMO that Iranian oil would be price higher than the oil from other countries, that's not good for them I think.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is not as big as it is being made out to be, what is important is to watch and see is what OPEC does. Now, if OPEC changes how it operates than we are looking at a whole new ball game but till that point it is just one country making waves. I hope all of you can say you saw thing thing coming and it is far from being over.
The culmination of this event will be to see what happens in the 2008 election.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Here you go again with the nuke thing.... You are so out of step and hateful to America. You once again act like the people of America are the Government. I do not agree with the statement that was made either, but remember you were talking all kinds of crap about the Mid East Sit without even knowing what The British Empires role is. By the way Tony and George have been holding hands through the whole Iraq thing, so your gov is still just as guilty
Instead of being so scathing, perhaps you could add something to the article instead of just detesting Americans, maybe you could try to put your opinion in here some where. Maybe about the world as a whole moving to find alternate power that could be produced and shared, or how OPEC shold do something to stablize the terror tax they are putting on barrels of oil, and even maybe how your beleifs might cause our country to have some type of sanctions or embargo because we are so bad and evil. I find it detesting that you just troll around looking for an American to assault. Do you have an opinion or do you just cruise anround looking for opportunity to bring down the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join