It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics: SimiusDei Talks About Ron Paul and "Wasting Your Vote"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
PODcast:

SimiusDei Talks About Ron Paul and "Wasting Your Vote"

Me again. Rambling. Naturally.

Give it a listen and lemme know how you feel.

Of course, there is a bit of profanity, but nothing over the top here.

length: 18:41
file: ptspod_2706.mp3
size: 17526k
feed: pts

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well there are two ways to look at it. First he needs to make it out of the primaries unless he chooses to run independent to really vote for him to make any kind of impact. If he doesn’t do it either then now we are basically in the position to vote against Hillary for I do disagree with you that the two parties are the same.

My view is that 4 or 8 years under one of the RP candidates would be following the status quo, and 4 or 8 years under Hillary would truly damage America for many years to come. Status quo sucks, but at least it still gives us future hope of change.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You could be right xtro (about the two parties), I don't think so, but hey, what do I know? mwahahahah

I subscribe to Lewis Black's difference between the parties......."The republican stands up in congress and says HEY! I'VE GOT A REALLY BAD IDEA!!! And the democrat stands up and says AND I CAN MAKE IT *bleep*IER!!"

Jasn

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well, to show my support for Ron, I now have three campaign signs. One in the yard and two bigger ones to put at the end of the street, and highway.

I would love to see Ron and John as pres and vice together. They would be a little rough on the edges, but I know those two, would fix our nation and make it AMERICA again.

REVOLUTION!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wasting your vote is voting for anyone other than who you think would do the best job. That includes writing in the name of the person you think would do the best job if you have too. Too many "lesser evils" have nearly ruined this country and brought it to the brink of complete and utter desolation. Voting for someone just because you think they have the best chance of winning is in my honest opinion the biggest waste of your vote. The "winning team" mentality of the average American is mind boggling.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As long as you vote who you want to vote for, you vote is not wasted. Vote for whom you believe will be the best candidate and just maybe you won't be alone. Voting mainstream because someone says the big names are the only ones with a chance, are silly. Remember Ross Perot??? He would have won had he not dropped out.

I am planning for either voting for Ron Paul or dennis kucinich. I can't take anyone seriously who says I'm wasting my vote. It's my right to vote who I think can help the country which I am part of and which I help run (of the people, by the people, for the people).

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
The only "Wasted Vote" is one that isnt made imo, for what it's worth.

mojo.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well, IMO, it is a wasted AND unwasted vote.

Wasted because there's no way Ron Paul is going to win, unfortunately. And the vote could go to someone who is NOT Hillary Clinton, and give them a better chance of winning. I suggest Barack Obama.

Unwasted because his growing popularity and beliefs are showing people that we CAN have at least a 3rd option to vote for, so I expect it to continue to grow in the future and educate more people. And maybe one day, people will wake up to how the country SHOULD be run.

My 2 cents.

[edit on 12/19/2007 by bigbert81]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Simius~We both live in Ga. granted on opposite ends but if ever you get up this way (Ron Paul Meetup/Event) let me know, I would love to meet you and pick your brain for a while, Bad Credit Georgian to Bad Credit Georgian

new topics

top topics

join