It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 Million year old kettlebottoms appear in a coal mine - Svalbard Norway

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My brother in law just got back to the mainland ( norway ) to celebrate christmas. He brought back some very interesting photos from the coal mines where he works. 5 kilometers inside the mine SVEA NORD, section H4, they stumbled upon 60 million year old tree stubs.

I even got some pictures.

The most intriguing part is that you can count the tree rings in the picture.

Now, what I would like to know from the ATS members who believe the earth is 5000 years old ( + / - ). How could these trees be buried 100 meters below surface and get fossilized if the earth is 5000 years old? Keep in mind that it had a 5 kilometer radius of coal and rock around it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I seriously don't hope anyone on ATS thinks that earth is only 5000 years old....

And very good pictures, it sure does look like a tree... But how did they determin it to be 60 million yesrs old?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
Now, what I would like to know from the ATS members who believe the earth is 5000 years old ( + / - ). How could these trees be buried 100 meters below surface and get fossilized if the earth is 5000 years old?

Well, you know, the works of the entity Satan the Deceiver are many and subtle. It would be nothing for him to create such falsehoods to steer innocent souls away from the holy word and truth of our Lord.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
My brother in law just got back to the mainland ( norway ) to celebrate christmas. He brought back some very interesting photos from the coal mines where he works. 5 kilometers inside the mine SVEA NORD, section H4, they stumbled upon 60 million year old tree stubs.

i'm still trying to digest what your trying to say...

because tree stumps are found in layers of coal,
the ~4000BC start of planet earth is a fable ?

in my minds eye, the fossilized tree stumps happened to be overwhelmed by the space borne deposits of hydrocarbons internalized in the crust & mantle of the Earth...the poor tree stumps were impregnated and saturated by the pools of hydrocarbons in a constant state of 'rising' to the surface (call it a result of centrifugal force) from the rotating planet,
or attribute the rise towards the saurface of pools of petroleum/hydrocarbons to the 'Iffy' theory of [Planet De-Compression]

the choice of either or None... is yours to make.

these particular stree stumps - with rings- are obviously aginst the conventional wisdom that all biological matter, i.e. flora & fauna including the millions of years of dead dinosaurs, IS the cause of petroleum & hydrocrbons that have (un scientifically) percipitated into the interiors of the planets crust.

the obvious nullification of the 'dead biological matter' creating the pools of subterranian oil, coal, and the surface pools of peat bogs...is a fantasy of Victorian Science creativity.

the anomaly is noteworthy, and should cause one to examine the scientific models we are strapped with at this particular time of enlightenment & achievement

thanks,

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
I seriously don't hope anyone on ATS thinks that earth is only 5000 years old....

And very good pictures, it sure does look like a tree... But how did they determin it to be 60 million yesrs old?

There are thousands of extremists on this site that take the bible literally and believe the earth and the whole universe is 6 000 years old and that anything that opposes this view is the work of satan... It's quite sad but it's true. You just have to laugh

sty

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am a Christian myself and I want to ask - where does it say in the Bible that the Earth is 6000 years old? The Bible talks about the creation in 6 "stages" , but they were translated as days in the modern sources. The Bible never states that the Earth is 6000 years old, but there is a large chance that Homo Sapines-Sapiens were implanted here 6000 years ago

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Sorry, most evidence proves that Homo Sapiens have been here for about 200,000 years. I haven't seen any that proof that we have only been here for just a few thousand years.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Well, you know, the works of the entity Satan the Deceiver are many and subtle. It would be nothing for him to create such falsehoods to steer innocent souls away from the holy word and truth of our Lord.

And dinosaurs to I suppose... Sir, in a world with people who think and justify what you believe, It almost makes me happy the elite are going to kill 80% of us. I think humanity deserves to die if there are people like you in it.

Added note. I don't hate the person I was quoting, But it makes me seriously question, if we should be against a NWO and mass extinction of our species. but i do know its unintelligent thinking like that that got us in the mess we are in today. What is it about you people? are you just born stupid?

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Vision Ammunition]

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Jbird]

sty

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

You can be right with the 200 000 but I seriously doubt that the modern Sapiens-Sapiens is older than 6000 years.The Carbon dating method for example used on young sea-shells would show millions of years even if they are younger than 10 years! The existence of Adam and later the Flood of Noah would explain the extinction of the Neanderthals that are actually not related to humans . Evolution can apply to anything else but man ! Evolution of the man does not fit Darwin - this can be a separate talk i guess. Vide-Google the word "nephilim" to find more info about this ideea..

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

they add up the ages of the people in the bible because there's a clear lineage to jesus and then they add 1974

though they don't actually mention specific ages in the bible...
yeah, it's pretty much backwards thinking.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Carbon-14 dating is not accurated, I agree with this. However I never mentioned this in my reply. Radiometric dating is accurate to within just a few thousand years instead of millions or billions like carbon-14.

More accurate dating methods like this show that the Earth is at least several millions of years old. Where is your proof that humans were "implanted" here about 6000 years ago?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have been studying this for a long time. This is what I understand. The Earth is 4.5 billion years old. The Bible does not say how old the Earth is, but it does say how old mankind (as we see him today) is. God is not limited by us. He was creating and filling his universe long before man came along. We are the only ones he made in His image (thoughts and feelings). In Genesis, it says, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and the earth was without form and void and darkeness was upon the face of the deep..." Now some take it one way, but I take it this way.

1. God created the heavens abd the Earth. This means that they were made in their time and were in place, so the Earth was already there and existed.

2. And the Earth was without form and void. This does not mean that it never had life on it, it just meant that it ended up that way for reasons we don't know. Form according to the text means "lifeform" and void means "empty" Note here that it never says the universe was without life, only that the Earth was.

3. And darkness was upon the face of the deep. Darkness covered the Earth and the Earth was covered with water (deep). We know from the account of Noah that God had covered the Earth with water and wiped out all life except Noah and his Ark friends. So we also see that it happened before as well. Prior to that there were dinosaurs, primates, whatever.

4. It ends with the dawn of this newer world we know. God says let there be light and there was light. (The clouds dissapate).

So let me say it this way. In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth but the Earth became void of lifeforms and covered with water and thick clouds...

We know that asteroids hit the Earth many times. What if one hit the Earth and was large enough to superheat the Earth and melt all the glaciers, and to send trillions of tons of ash and dust into the atnosphere to blot out the sun and kill all life on the planet.

There could have been many species and even advanced ones living on this planet over the billions of years it was here. But here and now it is the age of the species of Adam, made in the image of God. I believe personally that the "serpent" or reptillian species (greys) lived on this planet before us and were nearly wiped out prior to our appearence for reasons known to God. But we also see in Genesis a walking and talking "serpent". It could think, reason, and debate. But it hated God and sided with satan in his rebellion, and that could have been going on in the universe far longer than we'll ever know.

So to answer your question, tree rings in 60 million year old coal doesn't really impress me much.

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Fromabove]

[edit on 16-12-2007 by Fromabove]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tep200377

i SORT of understand the 6,000 year old earth folks' perspective. But I, as a Pentecostal Christian, still think it's more than a little looney.

It MAY well be that since Adam has been 6,000 or so years . . . but I wouldn't want to swear even to that.

The Bible does NOT say what the world was

BEFORE

it was "VOID AND WITHOUT FORM"

. . . all mangled up . . . all mushed together etc.

WHAT IF

the earth is . . . GRADUATING BOOT CAMP FOR LEADERS

wherein God incarnates individuals He has selected to rule and reign with Christ over countless galaxies over countless eons in countless dimensions . . .

and every 7,000 years or so he kind of mushes things all over geologically and every which way and starts over again.?

I think it is fairlyi inescapably proven true that in the Indus valley there were folks who had anti-grav platforms and nuclear weapons that were used however many 10''s of thousands of years ago.

There are plenty of mysteries . . .

I have found, however, that The Bible has proven true about me and my nature; about the nature of everyone I've met and about life as well as about God and God's nature. He alone has proven faithful and true.

So, regardless of what the NWO folks and their fallen angel/nephilium/ ET cohorts declare and hoax to disprove Scripture or even Christ's deity . . .

I know because I know because I know

Christ has been a Friend that sticks closer than a brother . . . and that RELATIONSHIP trumps all kinds of pseudo "evidence" because that RELATIONSHIP has transcended all kinds of "evidence" in my life and the lives of countless folks I've known.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I've uploaded the original pictures.

They can be downloaded here :
dump.no...
dump.no...

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluess

I expect you're feeling a little dazed right now. Don't worry. It passes.

A few things I have learnt since joining ATS a couple of years ago:

1. Other people are not just weirder than you imagine, they are weirder than you can imagine.

2. Stupidity is like entropy: invulnerable, all-pervading and unsleeping.

AboveTopSecret is a great place to lose your faith in humanity - especially if you don't believe in the conspiracies.

Pardon my cynicism; it is, I am sorry to say, heartfelt.

Apologies also to the memory of J.B.S. Haldane.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Yes I do feel a bit dazed... It worries me that intelligent people can continue to let themself be blindfolded by "storybooks".

It also confirms a few things for me... Just how easy it really is to control humans into whatever belief, and use them for whatever the means.

It also makes me feel lucky, that I was raised by parents, who incouraged me to "think for myself" instead of following a certain teaching or religion.

We have a saying: "anyone is intitled to lay comfort in their own religion...just don't preach it to others"

This saying doesn't mean we can't talk about religion or beliefs, it simply means that Anyone can believe what they want, and shouldn't force others into their beliefs.

And I feel kinda sorry for thoose who lay comfort in the beliefs that have been preached apon them, forcing them to not learn how to think for themselfs.

Now back on topic.. what method was used to determin the age of theese findings?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluess
reply to post by Astyanax

Yes I do feel a bit dazed... It worries me that intelligent people can continue to let themself be blindfolded by "storybooks".

I couldn't agree more.

It also confirms a few things for me... Just how easy it really is to control humans into whatever belief, and use them for whatever the means.

Two words: mass seduction

It also makes me feel lucky, that I was raised by parents, who incouraged me to "think for myself" instead of following a certain teaching or religion.

We have a saying: "anyone is intitled to lay comfort in their own religion...just don't preach it to others"

This saying doesn't mean we can't talk about religion or beliefs, it simply means that Anyone can believe what they want, and shouldn't force others into their beliefs.

And I feel kinda sorry for thoose who lay comfort in the beliefs that have been preached apon them, forcing them to not learn how to think for themselfs.

Now back on topic.. what method was used to determin the age of theese findings?

Oh man! .. are we the same person or what? I like what you write, and as I said, I couldn't agree more.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

these particular stree stumps - with rings- are obviously aginst the conventional wisdom that all biological matter, i.e. flora & fauna including the millions of years of dead dinosaurs, IS the cause of petroleum & hydrocrbons that have (un scientifically) percipitated into the interiors of the planets crust.

On the contrary, I would say that they provide firm evidence that over time and as a result of compression, peat - which commonly contains similar tree stumps - becomes coal

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
in my minds eye, the fossilized tree stumps happened to be overwhelmed by the space borne deposits of hydrocarbons internalized in the crust & mantle of the Earth...the poor tree stumps were impregnated and saturated by the pools of hydrocarbons in a constant state of 'rising' to the surface (call it a result of centrifugal force) from the rotating planet,
or attribute the rise towards the saurface of pools of petroleum/hydrocarbons to the 'Iffy' theory of [Planet De-Compression]

Do you feel that centrifugal force right now? Do you feel that your body is draged up in the air, or should we stick to the "plants grow towards the lighsource" theory?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Very cool.

Must be worth a fair bit of money as well, reckon he can stuff it up his shirt?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join