It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Divide And Conquer: What seperates one human from another?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
From a young age we are taught to categorize and name things based on their appearance or attributes. It is human nature to see visible difference or similarity in something. Our ancestors had to learn to distinguish deadly/poisonous plants, animals, and so on in order to survive.

Today in our society, I have noticed that this automatic categorization could potentially be a ploy to manipulate and control people. By convincing people that men are different from women on the level of behavior and mental processes or that young is seperate from old in terms of character development, thinking, desires in life and overall understanding of existence or that the concept of race is relevant in determining temperament, intelligence, mannerisms, social class, and whatever else; I feel that this is something reinforced by the media, various religions (especially christianity), laws that have been made, and most importantly by the people we interact with on a daily basis who may not even realize what they are doing or saying. Little side comments or jokes help to keep the idea of being different or apart from another person alive. Here are some phrases or situations for example:

*Baby talking young children and denying autonomy (not letting them do tasks on their own such as tying their shoes or dresses themselves).

*Comments about a certain race being a certain way.

*Saying things like "Girls are more sensitive" and "Boys will be boys".

*"Homosexual men love fashion and styling hair".

*Handicapped people are always depressed or unhappy because of their handicapp or that they always need help. (tv shows are always portraying them as helpless alcoholics or handicapped people secretly hiding their desire to be "normal")

To some, the examples may just seem like stereotyping or bigotry but it goes much deeper than that. By buying into the idea that we are seperate or different in some way, we are decreasing our strength to unite and defeat the greater powers in control. I believe that the individuals involved in the NWO and/or the people who seek to control the masses want first to put the people against one another, or to make them believe that there are no common similarities or traits that exists in which we all share. At the end of the day, everyone wants to survive and everyone wants to exist in a world without turmoil or hatred. Only the people who seek to control us wish to see us in pain.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It would be great if someone could share their insight on this topic with me. I feel it is something worth considering don't you?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
it's very possible, if not fact. just look at children today. society conditions all to be a certain way....and it all starts at kindergarden. i almost find the idea sickening, a mechanism for an indirect casting system (even though its not enforced) chances are if your born poor, you'll spend majority of your life poor. based on how we perceive education levels which very district to district. Poor schools may not have the resources to educate or stimulate students in a positive manner/direction.

limiting the reach of College by: Race, Income, IQ, Education Level, Scholarship requirements, Field interest, Tuition, Board and etc. Half of which are directly out of the control of the student, Just By EXISTING, And Being Born In an UNFIT Environment. Not to mention the other factors in School that effect a growing student in a world of predators and prey.

That is your initial great divide right there from the beginning. ever since you exited the womb. without knowing it you were already playing the game of the system, in statistics. its the crucial difference in the Master-vs-Slave Mentality, whether your working that 9-5 making money someone elses business, or you own it and have people working for you.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsurion

That is so true!! It's sad that the system has to be this way. I wonder what type of governmental or societal structure would need to be present in order for this sort of thing not to happen. Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I see no difference from Bill Gates and a man eating out of the garbage. I see 2 human being who should be treated with respect because they are human. I would have just as much compassion for Bill Gates as I do the man eating in the garbage. We are all the same in the end. It's just we are all conditioned to see each individual in a social class. It's wealth that separates us consciously but it's spirit in the end that makes us equal. Fear can also divide and one should not have fear if their inner peace is strong. Hate hardens the heart and compassion leaves a mans spirit. This will forever keep a man down and keep his full potential from being realized and that full potential is a spiritual awakening.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

well put. I suppose at times, I have been guilty of seeing people as being different based on class. Is there any way to start a spiritual Awakening? How does that happen. Could it happen on a mass scale?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
reply to
well put. I suppose at times, I have been guilty of seeing people as being different based on class. Is there any way to start a spiritual Awakening? How does that happen. Could it happen on a mass scale?

I guess a spiritual awakening in an individual would involve letting go of the ego. Material things for example. Becoming humble in everything and looking deeper into yourself through meditation or prayer. It's all about letting go of all the crap that effects you emotionally. It could happen on a mass scale.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What separates us? I'd say pride, mostly. Our ego. People are constantly trying to find reasons to feel that they're better than other people... and when one takes an unbiased look at what people have pride in, doesn't it all just seem so....irrelevant? I mean, most of what people have pride in, they didn't choose. Nationality and race for example. Nobody chooses where they're born or who their parents are going to be. Most people also take much of what their parents believe and believe in it as well, like religion. Most people are born into their faith, there isn't much choice in the matter. It's so odd to me that people are proud of these things, and try to use them to feel superior.

The same goes with knowledge, wealth, intelligence, beauty, and whatever else we use to ascertain a person's "worth". Again most of these things people are born with, and the things people aren't born with are just as irrelevant to me and do not make a person worth more than another person.

For example, Knowledge is something acquired, you aren't born with it. I find it humorous the reaction you get from people if you don't know certain things. Everyone has a bias for their own knowledge, as if knowing what they know should be the standard. If you don't know what they know, your intelligence must be lacking. How many times have you watched a game show and see someone miss a question and say "oh, that guy's stupid. how could he not know the answer?"

Too many people seem to have little to no concept of individuality. If you want to be different, there's something wrong with you. And yet, everyone seems to think that they're unique. I guess it's ok to be different, just not too different.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

In some cases, such divisions are actual - males and females actually do work differently from each other, beyond reproduction. The brains develop at different speeds and tend to emphasize different areas, emotional responses tend to differ, etc.

Race, however, is utterly irrelevant, beyond some medical conditions (lactose intolerance, sickle cell, etc). The division here is entirely cultural. Culture, with all it entails, is the big divide between humanity. And it is one that will never be overcome, simply because humanity will always work on a "tribal" level. Even were there to be a singular world culture, it would break apart quickly, as different areas develop different needs and preferences, etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Money, the love of it, an evil thing indeed.
I grew up in the bad part of town. My parents were inner city ministers, we lived where we worked. The first girl I liked was the daughter of a drug dealer, I didn't care, it didn't make her any less or more human to me. My experience from living in the bad part of town and loving those who others scorn (the homeless, prostitutes, thieves, child molesters, drug dealers, drug users, ect.) has taught me that love is stronger than any addiction that someone may have. My dad was a preachers at a local church and he owned a plumbing company. He hired homless people, we bought some appartments, we housed those people. We gave prostitutes, drug dealers, homeless and child molesters a second chance at life and the encouragement to be able to make it. Some were able to get outta the hole they were stuck in and some sadly were'nt. People always have the chance to change there life for the better, the power to do it only comes through Christ though.

My point, we're all human, even the "monsters" (like child molesters).
We all can benefit from each other.
We can all change what's wrong in our lives.
Love is the most powerful thing of all (God is love).

Just my $0.02

-Jimmy

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Cultural differences don't have to be overcome, all that needs to happen is for humans to have a realization that differences are ok. Governments don't have to be run the same, a single religion doesn't have to encompass all of the world's people, men can act like women, and women can act like men. The freedom for people to be how they want to be should be embraced. The road to peace starts with inner peace. When we let our insecurities and pride dictate our actions we have yet to find inner peace. We have to let go of the ego, accept who we are, accept who other people are, and just live life as we truly want to live it.

top topics

join