It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone Poll Won't Accept Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This week I received an automated phone poll asking me which Republican candidate I would vote for in a primary election. I usually hang up on automated calls, but I wanted to show my support for the candidate I was voting for. As it made it's way through the candidates it finally came to Ron Paul (#6). As I tried to select my choice the recording kept going not registering my selection. I tried again, and again and again, still it wouldn't register my selection.

Now is it possible that the system was malfunctioning? Sure. But wouldn't it make sense to test a polling system to get the most accurate results beforehand? You would think.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure how such a system would work. So, I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that it didn't register it. However, it does sound a bit strange to say the least.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
PROOF that the polls are rigged!! First, they don't list ron paul, they have him under 'other'. Worse, if you try to vote 'other' (#6) it regsiters as 'remove me from list' which is actually (#7). What a [expletive deleted] crock!!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's pretty disgusting the amount of conspiratorial effort is going into censoring Ron Paul. When I heard his first debates and thought to myself 'This guy is going to be a big deal in the race' - I was appauled to hear the hosts on each channel mocking Ron and calling him crazy etc. I knew exactly what I was seeing - character attacks on the only candidate with, in fact, the best political and constitutional integrity.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
That doesnt suprise me at all about the phone poll, they have to spin it to their favor. MSM attacking him, other candidates attacking him, it makes me mad, but it also makes me happy. If he wasnt a threat, they wouldnt attack him, they cannot smear him due to the fact he doesnt have the huge assortments of skeletons in his closet the other candidates have. So in turn, they resort to petty personal attacks, or saying when he wins a poll that hackers screwed with the system.

In the begining of this race I had my doubts about any conspiracy going on, but now it should be clear that something just isnt right, I smell a rat. Over six million dollars were raised for Dr. Pauls campaign, and what headlines were on fox news? The same old crap, some black guy turning white, pop tarts, and fear mongering. I am sorry but that is big news in my opinion he smashed the one day donation record, and the average donation was $95.00. It makes me mad, but it also makes me happy, if they are so intent on smearing a guy who's record is pretty much flawless, that just tells me right there I am on the right track. This from we the people telling the elites we are still here and we arent going away, the time to return our power is now, your time is done, we are taking our country back.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul's best chance of winning the election is to
run as an independent candidate. Since the republican party
and main stream media doesn't want to be associated with him.
Therefore I don't think he'll win the republican nomination
which drastically reduces his chances of winning the election.
However, if he ran as an independent, he could pull democrats
and republicans away from their party votes and win.

I look at Ron Paul in this race and I see what happened many years
ago with Ross Perot's campaign. If Paul is smart he will learn
from Ross's mistakes.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
seriously? If we in europe would have a fault poll system for voting by news companys, there would be massive independent discussions on different tv shows talking about it... is it that you have so "big" media companys you cant trust them when they do such thing? or do you have talk shows that are restricted on tv?...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its only getting worse

source

NEW YORK (AP) -- ABC and Fox News Channel are narrowing the field of presidential candidates invited to debates this weekend just before the New Hampshire primary, in Fox's case infuriating supporters of Republican Rep. Ron Paul.

This is an OUTRAGE to say the least.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by LwSiX]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
George Orwell was only off by a couple of decades.

We live in the age of double-speak and tight media control. Those who make any sense and offer an alternative to the same old elitist nonsense are marginalized and called crazy.

The US not only needs political reform, it's in serious need of media reform. The same group of people who buy politicians way into office also control what we see and hear in the public forum. Is it any wonder the nation is going down the crapper.

top topics

join