It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA | The Next Solar Cycle May Have Started

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It may not look like much, but "this patch of magnetism could be a sign of the next solar cycle," says solar physicist David Hathaway of the Marshall Space Flight Center.

SOURCE | science.nasa.gov | Read more...

Summary:
So the scientific community is "buzzing" over this new observation. They are expecting this Solar Cycle (#24) to be a very intense one, peaking around 2011-2012. Communications systems, planes, satellites, power grids, and general electronics could be affected or even damaged when the sun really starts acting up.

According to this article, we still have a few more years before we start to see these effects, so don't jump into your radiation bunkers just yet. Very interesting though! We'll just have to keep an eye on this...

[edit on 12/14/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like it's time to start moving up plans to actually build my bunker! Living in Florida doesn't leave much room underground for those types of things, sadly.

Once the doomsday peeps get ahold of this news they'll be up in arms. They love those references to 2012, i'll tell ya what.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
As someone who isn't sure what to think about 2012, or maybe just someone in the camp of "if some enormous disaster is going to happen there isn't much I can do about it", I find this interesting. We know that the Maya and other civilizations had a good knowledge of astronomy. I don't know how much they knew about sun spot cycles and magnetic reversals but I wouldn't put it past them to gauge a particularly turbulent time. Definitely have to keep up with these observations, great post.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Let me know just how you plan to do that. Maybe a hurricane safe room but those are expensive.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

And right you are buddy!!! I enjoy hearing so many things are coinciding with the coming of the age. Who knows maybe the world will end. I don't think so though...... Anyway, I think I am gonna do more research on solar cycles.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Man solar cycles happen every 10-15 years whats the big fuss? Oh i get it 2011-2012... zzz

Anyway The last cycle came and went without much hassle did it not?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
WOW

Its really funny how you 2012 skeptics are reacting to this news. This news is not very shocking to me. If you actually do the research and actually look into it (and I don't me briefly read a part of one thing here or a part of one thing there) I mean if you really look into it and connect all of the dots then you will already know that 2012 and events that lead up to it are 100% real.

There is a fine line between being skeptical and purposely being ignorant and uninformed simply because you refuse to look at everything presented before you. With the subject of 2012 you have not just one or two things that connect to that point in time but you have at least over a hundred. Just to break it down we have:

1. All major religions of the planet, in some way shape or form reference major change in the 2012 time period.
  2. Crop Circles with messages that point to major change happening in the 2012 time frame.
  3. People having abductions and dreams that bring back a message that there will be major change in the 2012 time frame.
  4. Whistle Blowers and insiders confirming that major changes are going to happen in the 2012 time frame.
  5. Other scientific evidence is pointing to major changes in the 2012 time frame such as: The Pole Shift, Changes in the Solar System, ALREADY increasing solar activity from the Sun, and yes even Global Warming
  6. Major object or objects that will pass our earth in the 2012 time frame.
  7. And of course the Mayan Calender

With all of this information presented to us it would just be extremely ignorant to not connect the obvious dots and you have very, very little wiggle room to be skeptical.

With this current news I would like for you to watch this interview.

Dan Sherman was trained by the US Air Force as an "Intuitive Communicator" - a high-tech telepath - and found himself in daily communication with two extraterrestrials as part of the US military's preparation "for a future time in which all electronic communications would be rendered useless".

projectcamelot.org...

Now please, do your research, connect the dots and overall - WAKE-UP-PLEASE!!!

[edit on 12/14/07 by housegroove23]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFence

True enough, but this solar cycle is expected to be quite intense. Did you read the article?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I certainly hope its a good cycle. Im excited.
The HF bands have sucked very recently, maybe things are looking up now.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yes, it comes in cycles, but all cycles tend to have fluctuations. I suspect this is going to be one of them....The solar max predicted in 2011, as I recall...just in time. I am hopeful that this event will be what I expect.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think that 2007 is actually 2012. I do not think there will be destruction, rather a major shift in the world. I looked on wiki and no major astrological things are happening December 2012. but this year there are all sorts of things happening. I read that some pope fudged up the Gregorian calender and that it is 5 years off.

A comet that has delighted backyard astronomers in recent weeks after an unexpected eruption has now grown larger than the sun.
www.foxnews.com...
Comet Holmes is significant since some have argued that it
is the Blue Kachina prophesied by Hopi prophesy,
Ancient Hopi prophecy states, "When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge". This will be the day of "Purification".
www.rumormillnews.com...
Comet Holmes was also apparently predicted by crop circles created in 2005 and signifies a transformative event for the planet:
www.cropcircleconnector.com...
According to the physicist James McCanney, Comet Holmes is likely to experience another plasma discharge when it comes into alignment with the electromagnetic tails of the Earth and Mars on December 22. This is likely to again make Comet Holmes easily visible to the naked eye.

For more than a year, the sun has been experiencing a lull in activity, marking the end of Solar Cycle 23, which peaked with many furious storms in 2000--2003. "Solar minimum is upon us," he says.
The big question now is, when will the next solar cycle begin?
It could be starting now.
science.nasa.gov...

A very remarkable planetary/galactic configuration occurs on December 23rd and 24th 2007. The configuration on December 23 — Mars, Earth, Sun, Mercury, Jupiter, Galactic Centre — is shown in the graphic simulation linked below; it becomes even more remarkable in that it will be accompanied by the Full Moon (conjunct Mars) at about 2 a.m. on December 24 when a simultaneous Venus square Neptune occurs. It is even more remarkable in that the Pluto/Sun conjunction appears exactly on the Winter Solstice, just past conjunction with the Galactic Centre.

Link below is the view from Mars toward the Jupiter, Mars, Earth, Mercury, Pluto alignment toward the Galactic Centre on 23 December 2007 which occurs just after the Pluto/Jupiter (Heliocentric) conjunction on 23 November 2007. NASA Solar System Simulator for 23rd Dec 2007

Solar System on Dec 22, 2007. What is not shown is Pluto (which would be to Jupiter's right) Saturn, which follows down from Venus, and Uranus and Neptune. Saturn and Neptune form the cross's t-member. It is a 23/12 configuration. There will be a full moon on Dec. 23, 2007
en.wikipedia.org...

December 2007 = December 2012
www.coasttocoastam.com...

well I am crossing my fingers that something major happens, I just don't see this 911 truth / ET official disclosure / free energy tech not being blown wide open very soon.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm kind of on the line about the whole 2012 ordeal. One part of me realizes that it is just another date in the book and it may pass like any other.

On the other hand, the other part of me secretly hopes something big will happen. Obviously not large scale destruction or anything like that. Just something spectacular that will bring about change and hope in a good way on this planet. We need something good to look forward to. Wouldn't you agree?

Just on a side note, has anyone played Assassins Creed for Xbox 360? They made numerous references to 2012 in the ending plot. As in launching satellites into orbit to enslave the human race and all that. Just nice to see that us "crazies" here on ATS aren't the only one's taking notice of all the 2012 "hooplah"

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hey, lets try to keep this thread on the tracks... I just don't want this thread to turn into another 2012 free-for-all.

Some great data on solar cycles, and the current status of the sun is what would be really nice! Big thumbs up to the first person that can get me a great post like that!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What an interesting thread!

Space-stuff is really fascinating, the 2012 crowd are going crazy over this news. What is the likely hood of our communications systems, planes, satellites, power grids, and general electronics being effected by this?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this 2012 a lot lately. My take on it is that of an interested skeptic (not debunker!). I'm not going to change my pension plans or anything, but it is interesting from certain aspects.

But what I like most about 2012 is listening to old lectures by Terrance McKenna. Sure, he may be wrong, but the man sure is one hell of a lecturer.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Interesting thread!

Here are some links that may be of interest to some of you..
The latest SOHO images
Spaceweather.com
Space weather alerts and warnings
NOAA Space Weather Scales

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Yes it is interesting about peak being 2011-2012 time.. But for those concerned about Dec 23 thing in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems this cycle would indicate that we are at the minimum pt and this is not the issue to worry about..

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by housegroove23
WOW

Its really funny how you 2012 skeptics are reacting to this news. This news is not very shocking to me. If you actually do the research and actually look into it (and I don't me briefly read a part of one thing here or a part of one thing there) I mean if you really look into it and connect all of the dots then you will already know that 2012 and events that lead up to it are 100% real.

There is a fine line between being skeptical and purposely being ignorant and uninformed simply because you refuse to look at everything presented before you. With the subject of 2012 you have not just one or two things that connect to that point in time but you have at least over a hundred. Just to break it down we have:

1. All major religions of the planet, in some way shape or form reference major change in the 2012 time period.
  2. Crop Circles with messages that point to major change happening in the 2012 time frame.
  3. People having abductions and dreams that bring back a message that there will be major change in the 2012 time frame.
  4. Whistle Blowers and insiders confirming that major changes are going to happen in the 2012 time frame.
  5. Other scientific evidence is pointing to major changes in the 2012 time frame such as: The Pole Shift, Changes in the Solar System, ALREADY increasing solar activity from the Sun, and yes even Global Warming
  6. Major object or objects that will pass our earth in the 2012 time frame.
  7. And of course the Mayan Calender

With all of this information presented to us it would just be extremely ignorant to not connect the obvious dots and you have very, very little wiggle room to be skeptical.

With this current news I would like for you to watch this interview.

Dan Sherman was trained by the US Air Force as an "Intuitive Communicator" - a high-tech telepath - and found himself in daily communication with two extraterrestrials as part of the US military's preparation "for a future time in which all electronic communications would be rendered useless".

projectcamelot.org...

Now please, do your research, connect the dots and overall - WAKE-UP-PLEASE!!!

[edit on 12/14/07 by housegroove23]

LOL, um well we will see won't we but if i was you i would not bet on anything big going down when 2012 comes

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What is in between the reversed active region?

It is white and it is bigger than the two that are pointed out?

?

Oh and excuse me again but what is the grey round thing?

The big grey round thing = reverse?

[edit on 15-12-2007 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by housegroove23
There is a fine line between being skeptical and purposely being ignorant and uninformed simply because you refuse to look at everything presented before you. With the subject of 2012 you have not just one or two things that connect to that point in time but you have at least over a hundred.

I feel like I only ever post negative comments on this board, but it's hard to just sit back and bite your fingers when a whole group of people are accused of being ignorant.

Just to break it down we have:

There is not one reference to the 2012 time period in any major religion on this planet. Most religions include an end time warning but there is not a single reference to 2012.

• Crop Circles with messages that point to major change happening in the 2012 time frame.

• Crop Circles were first created by drunken students in the UK. There's every indication that they are still created by drunken youths with too much time on their hands and 'interpreted' by pseudo scientists with no credentials and no other hope to gain recognition in their lives.

• People having abductions and dreams that bring back a message that there will be major change in the 2012 time frame.

• Since you mention abductions and dreams in the same category, I suspect you already know the truth of that matter.

• Whistle Blowers and insiders confirming that major changes are going to happen in the 2012 time frame.

• Whistle blowers and insiders of what? Is there a department of end time crop circles and 2012 planning? Or is it a secret organization...?

• Other scientific evidence is pointing to major changes in the 2012 time frame such as: The Pole Shift, Changes in the Solar System, ALREADY increasing solar activity from the Sun, and yes even Global Warming

• Pole shifts occur roughly every million years. The last one was 780,000 years ago so it could happen in 2012 or it could happen in 222012. Solar activity is already increasing because we've passed solar minimum in this cycle and are on our way to solar maximum. It's an 11 year cycle, so divide that into 5 billion and you'll have a rough idea how many times it's happened before. Solar system changes and global warming may be linked to each other, maybe not, but there's no evidence that either have anything to do with 2012.

• Major object or objects that will pass our earth in the 2012 time frame.

• Which are?

• And of course the Mayan Calender

• The Mayan Calendar doesn't end in 2012. The winter solstice in 2012 is the end of the 13th Baktun only. The Mayans used a base 20 system and everything repeats after 20 cycles, so the calendar actually would end somewhere around 4772 (seven more 395 year cycles) and then restart at Baktun 0.

I'm sorry but there's plenty of room to be skeptical when there's not a single piece of real evidence to back up any of the 2012 claims. Everything you've cited is just popular conjecture, to be polite. Internet fantasy is what I really want to call it, since it's all built on speculation and each source feeds off the next until a whole sub-culture is created. It's absolutely your right to believe what you choose and you go right ahead, but when you ignore every verifiable fact in favor of your fantasy, please don't call others "ignorant and uninformed".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join