It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar pic, review

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hi, usually pretty quite here. I have my own opinions which I keep to myself. A lot of what has been or is being discussed here I do feel is plausible. Below is something I recently came across.

See link : nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Not sure exactly what it depicts. Although, I personally feel that the moons holds more to it then the government wants us to know.

Past lunar bases / equipment, maybe by us or something else.. Alien, previous civilizations long past. Im one firm believer that feels its quite possible Earth was host to other advanced species. Who knows tho. Ill cut this short before I get too many going.

Anyways.. let me know what you think of the pic. Im quite intrigued and would like hear others opinions. Then maybe Ill rant on a bit more.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'd say it could be real but then again it may not. Someone may call it a photoshop job but then again it's hosted on the NASA server..I've no idea what that is.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We have rolling rocks here on earth to. It's not that fancy at all. The moon is very often struck by meteorites which causes stones an rombles to roll/fly away.

sandmc.pwv.gov.za...

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I guess what I was hinting at is, what if it isn't a rock...It seems a bit large / reflective, possibly a form of machinery, or robotic transport. Think of our oil rigs we have here on earth... maybe the moon hosts machinery that can move in its weak gravitational field and can drill for either water (frozen or liquid) and yield material that way. *shrug*

I have yet to see a pic of this nature. Nor have I ever saw anything that resembles rolling or moving anything on the moon. This is why I brought the discussion.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't know what this could be. But i don't think its a rock. If you look at the trail the object seems to be leaving behind. It goes over some pretty rough looking terrain.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Assuming its a trail of a rolling rock its the only thing around that looks to have moved, and at one point it appears to go down into a bit of a dip then back up the other side. But what looks like a hole from a top down view may just be a little indent in a hill that wouldn't actually stop anything from rolling. Hard to say, looks interesting though.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There are other pictures here and explanations of what you are seeing.

Go here to read:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is an antenna from the camera/satellite w/ the cord wrapped around it

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
In that other thread you linked.. yes in a pic or two Id believe its what you claim.. Although... notice the shadow on the lunar surface where the object is currently sitting? ( in the above pic ) That would not be there. Also, the tracks are not exactly straight. There is a slight arc from NNE to its current position.

I cant imagine that you'd seriously think its an Antenna with a coincidently placed shadow on the lunar surface ?? ^_^

Not gonna forget about this pic that easily...

[edit on 14-12-2007 by Triton1128]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Triton1128

I cant imagine that you'd seriously think its an Antenna

Yes, I believe its antenna - I looked at it in Photoshop....and I see the antenna, w/ the cord wrapping around it. Im looking at it on a huge monitor.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I cant imagine that you'd seriously think its an Antenna

Yes, I believe its antenna - I looked at it in Photoshop....and I see the antenna, w/ the cord wrapping around it. Im looking at it on a huge monitor.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
How can you justify the shadow cast on the lunar surface where the end of the so called "Antenna" stops???

I think your trying to debunk or deflect this thread from the truth... your trying to hard in an attempt to convince otherwise without fully justifying all angels of the photo.

Sorry I still don't buy it, Id accept that it were a rock before an antenna

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Oh lord.
Im not "trying" to do anything.
Im telling you what I see. Sorry I dont see exactly what you think you see.

I dont know enough about "shadow casting" do comment on that. Im sure someone else can come along and talk about that.

You said:

let me know what you think of the pic. Im quite intrigued and would like hear others opinions.

So, I did as you requested.

Im telling you what I SEE with MY EYES in Photoshop when I lighten the image - as you will see in the other thread - its the same image - just a diff area where the photo was shot.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Here is a side by side picture of what I see. All I did was adjust the brightness on PS.

On the left Galileo
On the right, the picture in question

Antenna Pic

Here is another picture (drawing) of the boom of the gamma ray spectrometer
en.wikipedia.org...:Grs-draw.jpg

[edit on 14-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This image depicts a rolling boulder that has come to a hault some time ago. They are all over the surface of the moon and are natural.

It is NOT the boom extension from the module as depicted in other photographs. That one was an entirely diferent type of explainable phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I agree with the rest here that it is just a rolling boulder. As you can see from the picture, it started from the top of the hill and made a curved path. I think the hill should be very steep as the moon is only 1/6th of the Earth's gravity.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Moon - Lunar Orbiter 5
Downslope boulder trail and boulder on the Moon

Lunar Orbiter 5 image of a boulder (just right of center) which has rolled and slid down a slope and left a trail on the Moon's surface. This is within the crater Vitello, and demonstrates the small role that such processes, called gravity wasting, have on the lunar surface. The main source of surface modification on the Moon is meteorite and micrometeorite bombardment. North is up. (Lunar Orbiter 5, frame 168-H2)

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The only oddity of these boulders (they are two) is that especially the object
on the right (bottom here) rolled up and out of the crater before rolling downhill, and this is considered not so easy to explain by someone.

There's also this Lunar Orbiter 3 image which apparently shows another rolling boulder...

history.nasa.gov...

[edit on 15/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Things can easily roll up hill in 1/6 gravity, and some things up to the size of small houses can even bounce.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neuralfraud

I'm just reporting what i know about the controversial on this image, just in order to clarify what has been claimed to be controversial in it.

Since i wasn't in Crater Vitello that day, i'm not able to state for sure what actually those objects were

[edit on 15/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
LOL!

Well, it certainly goes to show that people see different things in these pictures!

I will most certainly take Internos' word on this....

....even if he really wasnt there.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Triton1128
Anyways.. let me know what you think of the pic. Im quite intrigued and would like hear others opinions. Then maybe Ill rant on a bit more.

Hey Triton! Welcome!
Well, where these 'track' are concerned, there's a lot of gen HERE..

I suggest you go through it as you'll find similar 'tracks' on Mars too! Or, you may like to read my web page on Zorgon's website here..

Pegasus Research Consortium

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join