It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frightening 'attack' on me in my sleep last night... input please.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I myself have been attacked in my sleep, if you read some of my other posts about sleep paralysis you will find some of my idea's and theories concerning what it is.

Seems to me you've accidently crossed through the veil into the astral plane (and not all of it is pretty) and had an encounter with something that needed your energy, like a moth goes to light, so do these things go for us.

I think this is where there legends of the vampire originally stem from, there are no human vampires as such, but there are leechers (entities that as you say exist on sub-harmonic levels) therefore not physical in much the same way that a bass frequency isn't physical, you can feel it but not touch it.

As I say, I encountered it twice in one night a few years back, during a pretty bad experience in and out of something in-between an attack of sleep paralysis, an OOBE and a lucid nightmare. For me I was terrified and it was feeding off my fear from halfway across the room, the more i tried to move, the 'darker' it got.
It was something like a long and tall 'man' all in black and was very evil, its very presence made the room darker than normal.

I felt a huge pulse of vibration going through me from my feet to my brain, and a sound like every particle in the air was shaking, a strange electric buzzing sound and other scarier sounds like distant screaming, the sound of two people talking to each other but the words were indecipherable and an old style radio voice, plus other weird stuff....

I think the screaming sound could have been me (in my head) but the other sounds were coming from everywhere in my room.... Like this thing carried sounds with it and its very being wa causing disruption the the air. That's the only way I can explain.

The weird thing is, I felt more 'alert' and 'tuned in' than I'd ever been, like I could hear the tiniest of sounds all amplified and slightly distorted.

It didn't get close to me though, instead it mocked me from across the room...

I 'awoke' or unparalysed and I knew the thing was still about, depsite my rational mind telling me it was an hallucination, I KNEW it wasn't...

I then drifted in and out of disturbed sleep and again felt that rushing feeling and awoke to find my housemate standing over me shining a blue cell phone light into my face and he was laughing... smirking.

I couldn't move but could hear myself shouting at him (wtf! are you doing standing over me etc!) and then the blue light was shining in my face...

I then 'awoke' again and looked around my room and things weren't as bad, whatever it was had gone... my door was locked in the morning.

My housemate denied all knowledge of pranking me (i mean why would he get out of bed, break into my room and shine a phone in my face?)

Very freaky but interesting stuff...

I've had sleep paralysis fairly often since then, but nothing as bad as that attack.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thanks for reviving the thread guys,

mr.lizard that is intense! Especially your second experience of having the roommate cackling over you with the cell phone light

That is exactly the kind of thing I imagine a lower consciousness would want to put in our heads... give us nightmares of family members or someone else killing us etc.

I have heard that bad dreams in general are the result of lower consciousness clinging to us in our sleep. But sometimes a bad dream feels almost deliberate... like something is deliberately trying to frighten us or present us with scary imagery. Yuck.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I also have to add that as a child I used to suffer from bad dreams and nightmares, but the above experience was nothig of the sort.

Although that's an interesting concpet of the 'created dream', not saying its true, but its a scary thought.

--------

EDIT: SPOOKY! Just listening to a new CD i ordered from the internet and the song that came on whilst i was writing the above is called 'where dreams come from' - by the commercial hippies, I just glanced at my media player.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Scary as heck and not without precedence.

If you Google-kung fu your predicament you will find hundreds of years of history on this subject.

Sometimes called "The Old Hag", this phenomena has been recorded throughout history. You can even find paintings from hundreds of years ago with a "demon" sitting on someone’s chest "feasting" on them.

Completely disturbing but, totally in your mind.

Please, please don't read anything into this: I would seek professional help concerning what the root cause may be. There is something in your life causing extreme sleep disturbances ("nigh terrors") and your horrible experience is how your subconscious is manifesting itself and demanding attention.

Please accept that in the kind, not judgmental and certainly not "throwing stones" way it was intended. I just want peace for you, that's all.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by zenjewel
Sounds like bumpy re-entry from astral travel.

Do you recall any astral travel events previously?? Some have reported being with other energies while traveling. Maybe it was 'someone' that was traveling with you??

zen

No I don't remember any recent events like this. Bumpy-re-entry is a perfect way to describe my first sleep paralysis experience. This felt more like 'waking up' and catching something in the act of feeding on me. It distinctly felt like I had woken up with a predator feeding on me, like a camper might feel waking up with a mountain lion on top of him. I could not see hardly anything except the darkness of the entity and a small amount of light, I am now wondering if my spirit was struggling with something and woke me up in order to witness it or 'help' get it off. Agh.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by NewWorldOver]

Feeding on you eh?? Perhaps you have heard of physic vampires?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Your story reminded me of an incident I had many years ago. I awoke one morning lying on my stomach feeling as if my face was being pressed into the pillow. I could hardly get a breath and I was unable to get up regardless of how hard I struggled.

My first thought was someone had broken in and was attempting to smother me. I could see no one however. I'm a large guy, and at the time I was in very good shape, and couldn't imagine anyone being able to completely immobolize me like that. I felt totally helpless. The experience seemed to last forever, but was probably less than a few minutes in reality.

All of a sudden the pressure was gone, and I was able to get up. The bedroom door and window were still locked, and there was nobody in the room aside from myself. I know I wasn't dreaming. It was very real, and very frightening.

It never happened again, but a few months later I did see something in the house that looked like an elderly woman. She looked very angry and unhospitable as she acknowledge me with her eyes. She was passing through the living room heading for the upstairs staircase, but by the time I got to there she was nowhere in sight.

Nobody believed me when I spoke about it later, including my family. They all said I must of had a nightmare.

[edit on 3/22/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

People often wish to be able to explain things like this that fits into their view of the world, however small that might be.
Dreams, sleep disorders, night terrors are a few of the supposedly scientific data that people accept, as they know that science can explain everything.

And your story, there are countless like these, both in similarity and the method.
Something that might have been a ghost/walker at a time, and something happened that change this creatures actions, and turns it into a poltergeist phenonomen.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

well think of astral travelling the same as when your out and about in society. At times you may come across an agressive person on the street. It is no different.

You unfortunately whilst astral travelling met a nasty energy who chased you and followed you back to your body. That is what I believe anyway.

The reason? Probably no reason other than to disturb you, just like the nasty people who terrorise balanced individuals on the street.

In Revelation it states that Demons would be released to menace people, well some walk around in physical bodies but majority hang out on the astral plane. The sensation you felt was due to that nasty getting too close to your own. There are numerous ways of protecting yourself, perhaps have a look at some of them.

cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
angelslove.net...

Want protection from psychic attack?

meditation, incense and possibly black tourmaline... if nothing else it'll sort yer chakra's out a treat.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
SlightlyAbovePar has the correct answer.
It’s a possible side effect of sleep paralysis to hallucinate being attacked by a very real seeming dark entity. Back through history, you can see these things referred to as “the old hag”, incubi, succubi, and other names. Someone mentioned “Night Terrors”, but with night terrors there is no hallucination or dream involved as they happen in stage 3&4 “Slow Wave/Delta” sleep rather then in REM. I know that it does not sound as cool as some of the more paranormal answers your receiving, but there it is.

Relevant links:

Sleep Paralysis
Hallucinations: Images or speaking that appear during the paralysis. The person may think that someone is standing beside them or they may hear strange sounds. These may be dreamlike, possibly causing the person to think that they are still dreaming. Often it is reported as feeling a weight on one's chest, as if being underneath a person or heavy object.

The Old Hag
A hag, or "the Old Hag", was a nightmare spirit in British and Anglophone North American folklore. This variety of hag is essentially identical to the Anglo-Saxon mæra — a being with roots in ancient Germanic superstition, and closely related to the Scandinavian mara. According to folklore, the Old Hag sat on a sleeper's chest and sent nightmares to him or her. When the subject awoke, he or she would be unable to breathe or even move for a short period of time. Currently this state is called sleep paralysis, but in the old belief the subject had been "hagridden". It is still frequently discussed as if it were a paranormal state.

Incubi
In Western medieval legend, an incubus (plural incubi) is a demon in male form supposed to lie upon sleepers, especially women, in order to have sexual intercourse with them. It was believed to do this in order to spawn other incubi.

A number of mundane explanations have been offered for the origin of the incubus legends. They involve the Medieval preoccupation with sin, especially sexual sins of women. Victims may have been experiencing waking dreams or sleep paralysis.

Succubi
In Western medieval legend, a succubus (plural succubi) or succuba (plural succubae) is a demon, who takes the form of a beautiful woman to seduce men, especially monks in dreams to have sexual intercourse. They draw energy from the men to sustain themselves, often until the point of exhaustion or death of the victim.

Mare was also a term used to describe the sighing, suffocative panting, or an intercepted utterance, with a sense of pressure across the chest, which occurs during sleep. These symptoms were also thought to be an incubus (or succubus), an evil preternatural being, causing nightmares and/or nocturnal emissions. This phenomenon is now thought to be an experience of sleep paralysis.

I hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Defcon5...

It helps but then raises more questions...

Why, oh why do we 'dream' or 'hallucinate' similar imagery when experiencing the paralysis... why not a beautiful woman or a balloon or a plate of eggs, why always the dark, ominous being, why the strange noises and the heightened sense.... and more than anything a sense of evil... (when the entities are there)

The Freudian lovers will argue that it's simply a manifestation of the fear of the unknown and the dark and what-not, but things really are appearing... my old cats used to go weird when I woke up and would leave the room....

and also why is it on the knife edge of lucidity and out of body experiences.... I think it's easy to simplify, but in all honesty all we have is statistics on brain frequencies and percentages... what we don't have is a true answer.

It's hard to explain to someone if they haven't experienced it.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by mr-lizard]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You’re crossing into an area that is beyond my experience as a technician, a board certified sleep physician could most likely answer your question better. To my knowledge, though it has to do with what parts of the brain are stimulated at that point, and what chemicals are excreted in the brain during REM sleep. Both stimulation of certain areas of the brain, and certain chemicals can both create similar sets of responses across different people. The same way that we prescribe certain drugs because we know that the normal physical response is to drop blood pressure, alter your moods, or change your heart rhythm. There can be some variance in the effects based on environment and other conditions, such as diet, fatigue, underlying medical conditions, drug interactions, and so on.

As to the breathing difficulty, that is a result of having been paralyzed in REM sleep. We often see a decrease in Oxygen Saturation Levels associated with entering into REM stage. This is partly due to the lack of muscle tone allowing the weight of your chest to press down on your lungs. Just to help explain how something that seems insignificant can have an effect that you don’t even realize, I’ll mention that many people have even more difficulty with oxygenation from sleeping on their left side. Reason being that the heart lays on the left lung, and between the heart and the bed, you restrict that amount of air that can inflate that lung to full capacity.

There is no way that I can say that being in sleep paralysis may not make you more susceptible to seeing something that is paranormal and really there, however there are people who suffer this in sleep labs across the country, and I have yet to heard of one recording an actual entity being in the room with the patient. So until we can somehow 100% detect the presence or lack of presence of some paranormal entity (which may or may not exist), I guess that if you want to accept that type of theory there is nothing to prevent you from doing so. However that brings up another point, How do you prove a negative?

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have to say, all the rationalist explanations that are possible - I have met them already. I've thought about them.

I already considered the possibility of sleep paralysis and I'm fully aware of it having studied and experienced it before. This experience of being attacked was an event that happened mid-dreaming, mid-sleep and I experienced it not so much as a person lying in bed frightened, but as if I were floating in dark space ... I am also aware what that feeling signifies.

I'm fine with considering it all a dream. Except that I also understand that dreams are the product of something more than the physical chemical mind - and that is a topic deserving another thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply mortalengine.

I still do not understand why my husband and I both experienced this at the same time ? very uncanny and weird I must say.

Maybe we are on the same wave length even when asleep ? Are we that intune with each other ?

To all the other posters...I have enjoyed reading this thread

take care all of you
res

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

As i have said in other posts, sleep disorders can be what explains many peoples experiences, both in the paranormal and in the ufological views.
But in many other cases, there are only ¿? , that is when people are begining to rationalize science.

But however, science works on constant only.
And when there are things that do not add up in the known constants science have no idea what it is talking about, and then they rationalize, and throws away the rules of science to make it 'work' in their world.

Now we could start and wonder if, is that explanations we want from the scientific community?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hey.. just passing by.. ive been looking to see if anybody has gone thru what my girlfriend has gone thru lately.. you could say that my girlfriend has a strong spiritual perception.. and I beleive its one of the spiritual gifts given to her by God.. yeah i believe in God and Jesus Christ as my saviour, and her life is full of strange experiences. Im glad that God constantly protects her from any attacks from Satan. LAtely she's been having dreams of her aunt and cousin and how demons attack them.. sometimes her dreams are pretty disturbing.. and everytime she has one of these dreams, she wakes up with bruises and body pain.. what do you think that could be? well.. and about what you are experiencing.. wow.. thats crazy.. ive never gone thru that and i hope i dont go through that either.. i just think we gotta be careful with what doors we open.. i cant say meditation is wrong because ive never done it, but i do believe that that can be a HUGE open door and thing with which demons can take a hold of you maybe not possess you but in a way control you.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i went threw the exact same experience as you did, im so happy i found your post.
I saw the same thing as in with the black fog and the light in the background, the sounds, the pushing, vibrations, everything was the same as my experience.
This hapened to me a month ago

Last night i had the worst sleep paralysis ever in my entire life though,
The vision i had was something throwing me against walls and my door, trying to get me out of my room and dragg me somewhere else in my house in the complete darkness, im really scared...It was like nothing i have ever experienced before...

If you want to talk more about this, you can add me on msn, [email protected], it would be cool to talk to someone who has been threw the same thing...

Take care

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Dood trust me thats a demon.Try the name of Jesus out next time that happens. No not organized religion.. but the name of our creator manifest as a man to prevent those same creatures or beings from capturing your spirit upon death. That's the whole reason Jesus did what he did.Get it? You people better wake up.........

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It sounds like you had an encounter with a demonic entity. Just a lowly earth-bound demon. Sometimes, I fight demons in my sleep, but when they try to attack, I say "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus, you foul and unclean spirits!" Then I send them to a dry place or into a herd of pigs, in the name of Jesus! This is biblical, by the way! I think we all fight demons sometimes. My husband fought demons in a dream, also. He had gone to see some strippers, with a group of his buddies, when they were in Florida. On the way home, he stayed at his friend's house. The family were atheists, and he said that he fought demons all night long in his sleep. He was kind of freaked about it, etc. You must keep your guard up, always! I would begin praying again, and I hope that you are praying to Jesus or God! You might want to get a book of Spiritual Warfare Prayers. Lester Sumrall has some good books about demonic entities, and how we open doors to let them enter. The meditation thing is interesting. I have heard other people say that they became much more sensitive to the spirit realm. when they meditated or were involved in TM.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hey Mr Lizard,

when I was a teenager I had a similar experience to yours. I have never forgotten it and I've always wondered what it was. Only today (15 years later) have I decided to look it up on the net.

I used to practice meditation to stay focused whilst I was at high school. One night when I was meditating I was concentrating on pouring massive amounts of light and energy into my body from around me. I was sucking the light in hard and fast and returning it to the world by expanding as a massive parabola of light. I felt really good and strangely very powerful. Like I could challenge anything and I think I did. I know it sounds a bit strange but it was just an experiment to see where I could go with it.

During this meditation I felt some kind of entity thing travel along the energy I was emitting from a far and slam into my face. It snapped me out of the state I was in immediately. I could then feel it looking at me almost like a crazy dog. I left the room shaken and wondering what I had done. I have since never meditated like that again. I'm too scared.

Sometime later in another room whilst I was asleep I felt this thing enter the soles of my feel and bolt through my body and out the top of my head like a electrical shock or something. This happened a few times and once I even felt a presence crouching about a meter away from my bed watching me with hate and intent.

It's all just a bit weird but it's also comforting to know that others have gone through something similar. It makes me wonder if there really is something more out there or given we're all genetically very similar if it's just the way our brains work.

thanks for your story

Frank

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join