It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jurors deadlock on 6 of 7 defendants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Jurors deadlock on 6 of 7 defendants

news.yahoo.com

MIAMI - In a stinging defeat for the Bush administration, one of seven Miami men accused of plotting to join forces with al-Qaida to blow up Chicago's Sears Tower was acquitted Thursday, and the case against the rest ended in a hung jury.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So, they let one go and they're deadlocked on the other 6? If they didn't do it, they didn't do it. They never actually made contact with Al-Queda, but, if their intentions were to attack The Sears Tower in ANY way, they should be tried...which is why they're there, right?

Comments?
Cuhail

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Yeah, they were tried, but not convicted. So the 6 will be retried and the one who was aquitted was acquitted. Just because they were arrested doesn't mean they're guilty.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So, one was found not guilty, and the jury couldn't decide on the others which led to the mis-trial. If that's the case then all those who were'nt found not guilty could stand trial again, no?

Personally the whole case sounds like a bunch of B.S. to me. intentions or not. I mean, how can you charge these guys with anything when they never even had contact with Al-CIA-da?

On a sidenote I wish I could see this taped "oath" that they swore to Al-Cia-da. I guess if I really wanted I could get it under a FOIA since it was entered as evidence in court.

[edit on 13-12-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Actually, the seventh was acquitted.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Actually, the seventh was acquitted.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry, I was wrong. I initially read that one was found not guitly.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
One was aquitted. That does mean he was found "Not Guilty". The other 6, the jury could not bring a guilty/not guilty decision together and conceded that they never would, therefore, the AG could re-charge the defendants in a later, better-constructed case.

I think they were hired to be the big example for Bush & Co. to look good. I don't think they'll ever face jail-time. They were hired, trained and did their job of looking like home-grown terrorists caught in the act.

Cuhail

top topics

join