It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitchell Report out today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
2PM today we learn the names of the 50 to 70 players named in the report. One name that has been leaked - Roger Clemens.

sports.espn.go.com...

Seems the yankees are going to be in spin mode for the next few days.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yeah, should be interesting. I hope A-Rod isn't on it. I am a fan of his. We'll see though. Probably won't be suprised at most of the names that show up.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Baseball used to be my favorite pro sport, I am totally turned off by this scandal, actually I first abandoned the sport during the McGwire/Sosa days when all the media was talking about the conspiracy that the baseball was juiced Remember that?

All the time it was the players who were juiced.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'd like to toss out a few names I think are going to be in the report.

Paul Konerko
Jeff Bagwell (unfortunately)
Melvin Mora

Mora especially.

Edit: Watch for the Blake Street Bombers also; Larry Walker, Vinny Castilla, and Dante Bichette.

Peace

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised to see Pettite, Jeter, Abreu or Damon on the list. A friend of my uncles used to work with the MLBPA. He's a psychiatrist and he left his job a few years ago for fear of being caught up in what he claimed would be a huge scandal. He was talking about steroids. It was only first starting to come out and he wanted the league to come clean and admit that almost all the players were taking steroids. He named Jeter as one he knew about (and a few others but I don't remember the names).

The way he put was rather easy to understand. Why wouldn't they do it? If you hit 290 and 30 hrs a year in the minors you would think you'd be called up but you are now competing with a lesser player who is even the playing field by taking steroids. you can do nothing and sit in the minors for a couple more years or you can take the juice and get called up and start earning your millions.
If all your competition is taking it and you want the big money, you are suddenly in a sticky situation. Take the steroids for a year, get the call up then what? Now you need to keep taking them to get yourself that multi-year contract with all those zeroes. Now you need to take them to avoid being traded or released or benched for the younger, better player.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ortiz is probably on the juice too.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Most sports stations should be telling the names, right? I don't know what station ESPN is on, only WFAN.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
sosa
palmeiro
canseco
kent
hundley
the aforementioned yankees
armando benitez
Bonilla???
schowenweiss (already caught)
ankiel (already caught)
giambi
sequi
Bonds of course. if he's off the list it's a joke.

expect to see a healthy number of former mets on the list since one of the key sources was their former locker attendant.

rumor has it no current mets will be on the list.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Both Giambi's. And Sheffield.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There was speculation about Matt Williams too. I wonder how far back the list goes. Former Mets such as Kevin Mitchell and Howard Johnson? Darryl Strawberry? Dwight Gooden?

Keep 'em coming when you hear Crakeur! Thanks.

Edit: Lenny Dykstra?

Peace

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Dykstra is probable in my opinion, Strawberry not.

The Mets of the 80's were into other illegal substances. The Mets of the 90's are the one's you'll find.

John Franco?
Isringhausen?
Speculating here.

David Cone is a possibility

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
If they name Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan, George Foster, Bobby Tolan & Dave Concepcion I am through with baseball for good this time

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Bret Saberhagen?

Cone's a pretty good bet.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Pettite is on the list - just leaked

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Ortiz is probably on the juice too.

I really hope he's not. The whole Red Sox organization has epitomized but I look for in a baseball team, and really any professional sporting organization. To see that crash and burn, I'd really be let down.

This all encompassing blanket that has been covering the MLB and MLBPA over the course of this generation is about to be removed, and it's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

What would I like to see as an outcome of this? Roger Maris is restored as the single season home run king, and Hank Aaron is the all-time home run record.

Completely remove these other blemishes from the record book all together.

The only way to right these wrongs is by stepping up to the plate, admitting the errors of your way, and doing everything in your power to overturn every rock.

The sport survived the Black Sox, and a strike in a time where most leagues would have folded. So I think they'll survive.. but they need to work hard.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The list of prominent players who are still active includes Roger Clemens, Gary Sheffield, Jason Giambi, Ivan Rodriguez, Andy Pettitte, Miguel Tejada, Jose Guillen, Andy Pettitte and Rick Ankiel.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The 'stros trade for Tejada and his name pops up.
Sheesh!

Clemens and Pettite are local legends round my parts. I wonder if the local media will crucify them or not.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Pettitte got that deal done in the nick of mine.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Is this list players who have tested positive? Or is it players who have been under suspicion? Because if they haven't tested positive, it doesn't prove or disprove anything.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I don't think he'll get treated to nicely in NY any more. Shame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join