It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitchell Report out today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
these are the players that will be names as known steroid users.

the issue is, if it was prior to the official banning of the substance, does it matter? will they say when the players used the stuff? Will the league take action against the players named? will the teams be using the list to get out of contracts that were made based on performance levels that dropped after players stopped juicing (giambi anyone?)

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Oh, then this should def. be pretty interesting.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's 2pm here (AST).. but I'm assuming that the 2pm announcement is EST? I'm thinking I read Selig was heading to New York for it.. so that's less than 60 minutes away.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
2pm est. About 45 minutes away.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
knoblauch, Justice, Stanton, Grimsley (duh) and Brian Roberts confirmed to be on the list

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

this keeps getting better.

Can't wait to see how many of the ring year Yankees made the list.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Is a sad day for me, growing up admiring this guys and want it to be like them. Baseball is my sport and im my country it rules, let me give you some of the name of PR players that I think are going to be there:
-Bobby Bonilla, all star
-Juan "Igor" Gonzales, 2 times MVP
-Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez, perennial ALL-STAR,World Series champion, may be the best catcher ever.
-Ruben Sierra, even I when I was 10 years old knew he was on something.
-Carlos Beltran, ALL-STAR I played with this guys, he coud not get that BIG on natural supplement
-Javy Lopez, ALL-STAR

Hopefully neither Robbie Alomar, Carlos Delgado, Beltran or Bernie Williams make this list, they are such great human beings, helping the poor on the island and the kids, it will be a shame to have their legacies trash because of this.

BTW, it will not surprise me if Pujols, Manny Ramirez and Big Papi are in the list.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They probably should have come out with a report saying, "The following players were NOT juicing..."

Might've saved some paper.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
the list below was lifted from the mets fan forums

The following names are expected to be named in the report, according to WNBC:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenn y Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle
James A. Finley / AP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Prior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts, Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Sc hoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Good God, that's like a who's who of baseball.

Let me ask, does this help or hurt Barry Bonds? Look at all those people!!!!

This helps Bonds in my opinion, although he still lied to a Grand Jury. He'll have to pay for that.

Edit: Who in the hell is Paxton Crawford? Did he wash jockstraps or something?

Peace

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure how accurate the list is but I thought it was worth reposting.

10 minutes to the release and I won't be here to catch the names. typical

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

RAMON CASTRO, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!, this guy played in my team, same town, same hood! This guy was hitting 500ft home runs at age 14.....................I knew he was on something!!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
for the record, the Ramon Castro listed is not the same as the Castro on the Mets.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
ESPN reporter that had the report on his hand, reading of the report, Roger Clemens and Paul LoDuca, WOW, SAD.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i.l.cnn.net...

pdf of the report.

LoDuca? That is disappointing.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Are we witnessing the biggest day in MLB history?

I'm hard pressed to think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thank God! ha I guess I take back my comment, I mean if you see RC from the Mets, I think he has the same body now as when he was 14.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How funny is it that Canseco comes out of this looking better than some?

:shk:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Can someone post all the names from that .pdf here? My computer locks up when I try to access it. Bud Selig's blocking my access.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Sadly I have to say yes!, most of this guys have broken records won awards and played in ALL-STAR games when they were obviously cheating.

What makes me more mad is that some of them were ALL-STARS to begin with! Now this are my points:
- They are criminals
- Even those who were AS to begin with, are taking places and records that they should not have. I dont remember Roger Maris or Hank Aaron being juiced up.
-The one that are not AS but got to MLB, did so by cheating and thus taking a spot from someone who was not.

The only bright spot of this is that we can look at guys like Nola Ryan, Pete Rose, Ted Williams, Bob Gibson, DiMaggio, Carl Ripken (hopefully), and such and admire their accomplishments even better and see how GREAT there truly were.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is pretty clear cut to me, if any player wants to say that the report is wrong, they should sue Mitchell and MLB and settle in court, but if they do that they risk going to court and commit perjury.

Thats why Barry Bonds drops his lawsuit agains the writer of the book Games of Shadows, he could not face the risk to go to court and commit perjury...AGAIN.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join