It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antenna towers everywhere...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I know we live in a cellular age... Even so I've been noticing large antenna towers sprouting up in the strangest areas..like the middle of nowhere cornfield central Indiana..Sure some are related to various cell phone companies but I don't know. I sense something below the surface here. Maybe it is nothing..

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Probably because cell service in the middle of nowhere is usually horrible

I live in VERY rural Alaska. Even our nearest "town" is barely a town LOl

You can drive for HOURS in Alaska w/out seeing a house. Sometimes you will see a tower just out there surround by nothing but trees and land.

I see nothing strange about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Heh were on ATS right..ya gotta be a little paranoid. Some are..some are for mobile communications..Who knows what else?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Put your mind at rest, take some pictures of the towers and identify what they actually are.

You can tell exactly what they do by the antenna design. If you need a hand, im sure that theres plenty of people here like myself that would be prepared to help.

The UK is covered in masts these days, mainly because there are so many telco's and a lack of proper control over regulation of the telco's node sites.

There are also a huge number of increasing services that either require data, or deem that sending data through the air is the most cost effective solution. The number of point to point links for cctv being a prime example.

I personally think that the amount of EM radiation that is in the air these days can't be entirely without risk to humans, and is a problem silently growing in the background.

If you have ever listened to HF or shortwave radio, you will notice a huge difference even in the last 5 years.

Slightly off topic, but HAARP in Alaska is not the only one on the planet thats kicking huge amounts into the ionisphere.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Funny you should mention this. I live in Australia, and lately I have been noticing these towers more and more frequently. Some of these mobile phone towers are only 100 metres from each other. I really don't see the point in that. Also, our town had perfect reception from the two towers located here, but no, they just went ahead and put a tower right on the roof in the exact middle of the towns shopping centre. It did not affect reception at all, but I don't know whether the things are carrier-specific, though.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Funny you should mention this. I live in Australia, and lately I have been noticing these towers more and more frequently. Some of these mobile phone towers are only 100 metres from each other. I really don't see the point in that. Also, our town had perfect reception from the two towers located here, but no, they just went ahead and put a tower right on the roof in the exact middle of the towns shopping centre. It did not affect reception at all, but I don't know whether the things are carrier-specific, though.

They generally are carrier specific.

There are exceptions to this, usually at central nodes, or in places where physical location, or planning problems result in the carriers having to talk to each other.

Generally i would imagine that most of the planning of sites, is more to do with physical terrain, the existing network, customer demand, government radio frequency management, cost etc. The actually location of the antenna and the surroundings will be low down on the priority list.

There has been alot of controversy over this in the uk, as the carriers seem to have cart blanch over local planning regulations to do as they please.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Guess who is MOST concerned about all these towers... PILOTS!

Tower builders don't seem too concerned because they will put a tower in the worst possible place for aircraft traffic and oh well, let the pilots watch out for them. And generally we can except when the weather is down or at night or the pilot is distracted by other air traffic or.....

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I can see at least five from one location near my home and I still get dropped calls in that area. One tower in particular looks like nothing I have ever seen before.

I am totally suspicious of this new cell tower activity for several reasons:

- The EM radiation, as stated above. What is this doing to our brains?

- The disappearing Bees, as well as other animals. What is it doing to them and our natural habits?

- Any other miscellaneous and nefarious thing the PTB might try to get away with - for instance that new marketing gimmick that projects sound into your head - as discussed in another ATS thread.

I don't care if anyone thinks it sounds paranoid or not. My instincts tell me something is up and it's not just cell phone usage.

new topics

top topics

join