It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack: The Birth of Darkness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This is a thread which is acting as a sequel to my thread: Interaction with the Spirit World .

Long ago, all of life was in harmony with nature. We knew how it worked. Life would gradually change, die, and be reborn with memory of all of it's knowledge and experience. Flesh and Spirit were as one. Each entity could communicate with all others, knew it's role in the scheme of totality, and played it's part.

However, in time, mankind became addicted to a potent drug: lack. When in love, it is often when your lover is away from you that you appreciate it most. When you are waiting for their call, or staring at their picture.

Lack was a very different experience, we lived in a world of abundance, and power. Eventually, humanity began to challenge itself with contests, and struggles. Abundance pitted against abundance, there would have to be a loser, and that anxiety of not knowing held tight the hearts of man in an icy grip.

Over time, many of us did not appreciate that which did not involve lack, and anxiety. We began to look externally for fulfillment. At that time came our fall from grace. Using the knowledge of abundance and power, man used his power to create an impersonal entity that would bring us to a paradise of lack. A place where struggle was the norm. A powerful minority birthed this entity, which soon took hold of the collective conciousness of mankind.

The entity called Lack had a mission: to enforce separation from nature. Within our minds was erected a barrier to make distinct the world of Flesh, and the world of Spirit. Man was no longer reborn with his old memories and experiences. In time, everyone had forgotten where they had come from. A dark age descended upon mankind.

With knowledge of abundance fading fast, lack would come to permeate all aspects of life. It would impose control over each of us, echoing in our minds, whispering to us that our dreams are impossible, that we should settle for what we have, to accept what we are given. We became convinced this little voice in our mind is us.

Lack is the root of evil. When a man becomes a thief, he believes he lacks money or goods. When a man becomes a rapist, he feels he lacks sexual pleasure, when a man becomes a killer, he lacks excitement, he lacks a challenge. When a man becomes a corrupt politician, he feels he lacks influence, or money. In wars, men fight because they lack freedom, or land, or favor in God's eyes.

When a man is angry, it is because he lacks control over someone. When a man is depressed, he feels he is lacking someone or something. When a man is fearful, he lacks safety, and continuation, and ease. When a man is lazy, he lacks desire, he lacks courage, he feels he lacks resources.

Lack cuts us off from The Spirit World. It prevents us from recieving messages from our brothers and sisters, our guides. Lack makes us the victim, not responsible for our own happiness. Lack places everything we want outside of ourselves, and when we attain it, it provides only momentary satisfaction, before we deteriorate back to misery. Another aspect of Lack, is that it works to isolate us from the rest of the world. So when we seek to do things that are motivated by Lack, they tend to be things that can only benefit us, and often at the expense of others. However, when we act from a belief in abundance, as in our nature, not only do we recieve great benefit, but we also play our part and help others out as well.

Our Foe is a clever bastard. He is constantly whispering the old programming, telling us how life works. He tells us that we are too stupid, too ugly, or weak, that we can't break the mold, or make a difference. He is constantly filling our minds with these lies, and in turn, everyone around us is telling us the same.

Every thought we have begins to give shape to our beliefs. Our beliefs motivate our actions. Our actions build habits. Our habits define our character. Within each of us is an image of ourselves, The Self-Image. This image is a reflection of what we are like on the outside. When Lack whispers in our minds, and infects us, it contaminates our Self-Image, and in doing so, our external self follows suit. "As Above So Below, As Within, So Without."

With a diseased Self-Image, we are generally on auto-pilot, doing our Master's bidding. We're blind to the joy around us. Even with modern comforts, we soon find them as necessities just to make it through the day. We cannot appreciate what we have, and always want more.

Living with abundance, we are powerful. Strong, Compassionate, Faithful, Charitable, Just. People who have these traits of abundance are looked upon as heroes, and always achieve success. They are looked at as a cut above the rest. But inside us lie the same powers, if only we awaken them.

But the Darkness wants none of this. We aspire for the average. If you're not born exceptional, you never will be. However, looking through history, one finds more true rags to riches stories than actual people you've ever seen in your life. Not known, seen. These people have seen the light.

Every thought and action either takes us towards Lack, and Deterioration, or towards Abundance, and Expansion.

In nature, if you are not flourishing, you are deteriorating. That is simply how it works.

Think of life as a sink filled with water. You churn it in a circle, either clockwise, or counter clockwise. Every thought, or action, either takes you one way, or the other. If you churn it clockwise 1000 times, the current becomes powerful. If you have been chruning it that way your whole life, you wouldn't have the coordination to churn the otherway, and even if you did, it'd be difficult to still the waters, let alone chane direction.

It is a matter of dedication, and awareness. If you stop churning clockwise, and only head in the other direction, maybe not right away, but eventually, it will stop, and eventually you'll be heading in the right direction. After the waters stop going clockise, you're in the clear to start receiving the benefits of Abundance.

To Be Continued....

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying and it makes a lot of sense, but while I was reading about "Lack" and reading what you had to say about it, I noticed that you sound "experienced" if that's the right word. You sound like you've been through it and as I was reading, I was wondering what YOU lack. So I'm asking you what you lack. You don't have to answer me, but I'd like you to because this question is tugging at the back of my brain, demanding an answer.
I'm an open type of person so I'll tell you what I lack, though I'm sure you won't care and that's quite alright with me.
I lack happiness.
But I don't do anything about it. You'd think I'd go looking for happiness in any form, but I don't.

Anyway, I think you lack something (assumption, not an insult) and I'm wondering what you seek to fix it.

Oh, and just to let you know, I didn't just agree with what you said because I'm new on this site and this is the first thing I've written to anyone. You'll find that I can sometimes be very critical, but in truth, I mean well. The title just jumped out at me and I decided to read it.
I really can't wait to read more....so hurry up and write more. Please

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, your belief certainly puts the curent world situation in an interesting light.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
As I mentioned before, Lack fills our minds with negative thoughts, pushing us down the road to destruction. This serves to further obscure our access to the Spirit World. The Spirit World is eternal, however it only exists, and can only be perceived in the present. Among our many thoughts each day, how many are truely present? My guess? Not many at all. We're all constantly thinking about the past, or worrying about the future. When we are not present, we cannot enjoy the situation. Our lives are filled with woe, and furthermore, we cannot perceive any messages the Spirit World is trying to send us.

Lack serves to separate us at every possible turn. It divides us by race, religion, political party, family, nation, hobbies, genres, etc. This division isolates us from others, when we are isolated, or feel so, we are not contributing to the group, and therfore, only worry about ourselves. In doing so, we are acting in a manner that will direct us towards Darkness.

To change subjects slightly within the Spirit World are entities that are, like us, motivated by Lack. They seek to gain power and influence over humanity. So, they serve as a mouthpiece for the Darkness. How many people have you known or have heard about that went through a tragedy, or accident, and were never the same again?

These entities attack during times when we are most vulnerable. Then they take hold of us. When they do this, we are in a sense, "Possesed" though not to the exorcist extent. They cause us to get angry, to be sad, to basically, dance on ther puppet strings.

Leaders and people of influence are especially vulnerable. Entities of Lack hang around them like a thick fog, hoping to gain influence over them. Why? Because, control a leader, and you can manipulate all who follow them.

You notice whenever someone gains a lot of power, and talks about peace, someone kills them or at least tries? Whenever Lack notices people who spread a message contrary to it's objective, it manipulates the situation to try and get them out of power, or even better, kill them. Especially if that person is gaining momentum.

Now, let's step back to a more personal region. When we get angry, when someone makes us sad, they are gaining a measure of control over you. They are tapping into your spiritual power. From all directions, we are assaulted by the Darkness.

But we are not alone, the Spirit World is constantly striving for us to break free of these icy shackles. The more power we bring into our lives, the easier it is to continue, and the easier it becomes for those around us.

It's important for us to read about and contemplate spiritual issues. If there is truth to it, our minds will begin to expand. However, we may not be ready to accept a certain truth. Our programing still too rigid. Years ago, I couldn't accept the oneness of all things. I was offended by the concept. I was individual! It disgusted me. Then a bit later, I tried to allot some leeway to the idea. But eventually, my mind expanded to except the truth of the statement.

Our Foe dominates our minds, constantly whispering in our ears, trying to distract us from the truth. It tries to belittle us, and keep us from accessing the messages that are all around us.

This is why, whenever you begin spiritual work, you are asked to quiet your mind. With a clear, quiet mind, you exist in the present, and can access the messages the Spirit World is constantly sending.

Remember my sink metaphor? Once you start moving in the right direction, or rather, once you stop doing negative things, the strength of the current will weaken, deteriorate, and fade. But it doesn't happen instantly. You must continue down the right road.

The Spirit World only exists in a certain state for a moment. It, like our world is in a constant state of change. While it may go through many similar phases, at no point in history will the whole world be exactly the same again. The Spirit World hides in the present.

Think of it like recieving screenshots from a movie. If you can still your mind for a moment, your can start to receive the message. But the story continues, the messages being sent continue, without seeing more of the movie, a screenshot, or even several won't make sense.

The way of interacting with the Spirit World is through vivid imagination, and powerful feeling. These two forces merge to create Intention. You likely won't hear words, but you will see images in your mind, and you will feel messages in your heart. It is up to you to interpret what you experience. The more you work on it, and the more present you are, the more clear the messages come through.

But Lack has convinced us that imagination isn't real. Yet, everything that is created in this world, any piece of art, note of music, it all begins in the imagination. Also, scientifically speaking, the mind cannot tell the difference between a vividly imagined image, or a real event. The imagination is potent, and it is powerful.

Lack is constantly trying to prevent us from investigating things that will take us down the correct path. It tries to get us to procrastinate, it tries to make us afraid of change, and pretty soon, we're even worse off than we started.

You can return to your true nature. You have the power to free yourself from this world of Lack. But you need to take action. You need to persevere. This whole world seems to be out to get us, it seems to want to prevent us from expanding our conciousness. We cannot allow ourselves to be slaves any longer.

I've helped to indentify our Foe, and some of his tactics. Now, do you have any questions? This will be the last full thread I write before the publication of my book. I will be taking questions on this and any other threads I have written, but other than that, I will be much less active here for quite awhile.

But please, any questions and comments are welcome!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by archaickate

What do I lack? Good question. I find myself procrastinating. I know exactly how to make the changes, but I hesitate to do so. "I'll do it later." I fall into this little trap quite often. In terms of lack, I suppose I lack determination.

In order to change this, I simply have to make a habit of doing things now, instead of putting them off.

This is definately my main area of weakness. Now, the question is, why do I put things off for another day? I trick myself, I say I deserve to relax, there's plenty of time. Just another few minutes, I'll sit here, catch up on the news, read some threads. Before I know it, the day is gone.

But, I got to remember, it's not me talking. I can't put things off for tomorrow. I have to act presently, and do it this instant, rather than wait for some ideal situation which will never occur. If I want to achieve my goals, all I have to do is act right now. Do it right now. Then I can relax, or do whatever another time.

Does this answer your question?

and I'm glad you enjoy the thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, your belief certainly puts the curent world situation in an interesting light.

I try to put my beliefs to a certain test. If I cannot apply them simply to any situation going on, my understanding is flawed, and I go back to thr drawing board, trying to determine where I can refine my understanding.

The concept of Lack hit me very strongly a few months ago, and it seems to be fairly solid. I now feel comfortable enough with it to talk about it in this manner.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nice thread, and i agree with it on a certain degree but not all of it. Lack is also a matter of perspective and getting that peacefull feeling inside making clear that you have enough as it is kind of jumps up at me as being the secret for not chasing after yourself at goals that you don't even have to achieve.

Stop making goals for yourself and stop to smell the flowers, see where you are at this moment. You can be poor and blissfull just as anyone can be rich and miserable. At the other hand not everything you want to accomplish is out of a feeling of lack, i have it sometimes when i have a short piece of personal wisdom i want to bring into words somewhere i will even feel a knot in my stomach when i wait to long (and to long can be a day, so it's pretty 'bad' sometimes) After i start typing in notepad my mind races and just comes up with the direction where it wants to go to get the point across, after that i can rest again. It's not out of a feeling of lack but out of a burst of creativity.

So, abundance is all in the mind just like the feeling of lack. The reason that more people have the lack-bug then the peacefull feeling of abundance is commercials, commercials create a feeling of lack with people. Last 6 months i saw Gillette come up with 3 or 4 different and even better(!!) razors at a row, your mobile phone sucks 3 days after you bought it and when you don't keep up with the latest fashion your just a total dork. I really think that when commercials get outlawed people will be happier and 60% of the corporations will go bankrupt within a few years. It's easy to get out of the lackroutine, just stop compairing yourself to others. Ofcourse there is always the minimum a person has to have to be content, like a good meal on the table, a roof over your head and other bare necessities but after that just stop and do things you like and not what is expected of you.

Lack is incorporated in our shared concsiousness, true, but it can be slapped into submission quite easily and it is one of those things that is rather easy to explain to others. It's always fun to talk to other people at my work for example and see the realisation in their eyes that you have a good point there. And after making them realise there is an alternative it is their own choice to do something with it.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Lack, as I use it is a learning tool, nothing more. Lack's purpose is to create separation between you and absolute abundance.

However, I think you are limiting yourself terribly.

You can be broke, and appreciate the circumstance. You can be rich, and be totally thrilled. Setting goals, and trying to achieve things in life is how you move forward. Simply not getting upset over the circumstances doesn't help you, or anyone else.

If you just sit there in a cave for all of eternity, and not feel an ounce of shame, regret, and feeling totally contented, you still have done nothing for nobody.

If you don't have money, you can't use it to help others. You can't give it to others, you can't use it to start a business to share the wealth, you can't put it towards learning and advancing your understanding.

If you are weak, and fat, and out of shape, you don't have the ability to carry someone out of a burning building. You may not even be able to get yourself out, causing more problems for others who may try to get you.

It is not enough to simply say you have all you need. That's nonsense. If you are just barely getting by, you can't help other people. If you don't have your own home, you can't bring in relatives who are down on their luck.

There is nothing good about being impotent and feeling good about yourself. That is settling for mediocrity. Setting and just getting by is an obscene joke. African Americans easily could have settled for unjust treatment in the south. As long as they knew their place, they weren't likely to be killed.

What I just said sounds terrible and racist. But they would have survived.

BUT! Certain pioneers, like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, they had divine qualities in that they were not afraid to rise up, and take more. They demanded equal treatment. Sure, they could have survived without greater freedom, and could have found joy in it. But why settle for the substandard, just because you can.

They had the strength to rise up, and take the beatings, the threats, the jail time. They were willing to play the bad guy to change the system. That is what happens when your have the Strength and the Faith to see your vision through.

If they lacked these qualities, they would have simply sat back, and tried to find some good in misery.

The United States would never have been founded, if those stupid colonies didn't just bow down to the King. But, they had a vision. They wanted Freedom. They defied the King. They offended tons of people. But they became free. Sure, the colonies survived for many years before going up against the British, but why survive when you can thrive?

The idea you are pushing is detachment. It has it's place. It's about not needing something external for fulfillment. It's all about being happy, no matter what losses may come to you.

It's quite valid. But while you can tolerate and enjoy what most would consider awful, it doesn't do anybody else quite good. Being weak and not having a voice is the worst someone can do, and does not reflect abundance or divine nature whatsoever.

The weak are victims. Period. They are pushed around.

If you don't rise up and create change within yourself, and your life, then you cannot help others to do the same. Why settle for scraps? Enough is NEVER enough! Just getting by cannot help anyone.

By enclosing yourself off, and just tolerating, you are separating yourself from others. That does not indicate a connection with the divine, or with the whole world. It's listening to the programing that we have had forced down our throats for thousands of years.

We are taught that we need this or that, which as you mentioned, is not true. But, just settling for nothing is of no use to you or anyone. Just because you don't need something doesn't mean you shouldn't have it, and couldn't have it, or don't deserve it.

Like I said, if you can't help yourself, you can't help others. I find "spiritual" people who seclude themselves from the whole world offensive. There is so much more to life than just the physical. But if you are not living in this world, you are not living in the spiritual world either. If you are not helping others physically, you are not helping yourself or others spiritually.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have had a time when the picture of my possible future was reason for desperation, desperation that i would fall behind compared to the people in my direct surroundings, it would be the cause of sleepless nights, that's not the case anymore. After i found out (for myself) that my friends and family didn't care how well i did in the material aspect of life, they still love me. It was quite a realisation for me at that time.

And personally i think someone who is practically broke can not only appreciate the situation, that person can have real bliss just as long it is what that person wants. Enough is enough imo, i am not 'barely getting by' in any rate and if someone is in that situation and unhappy with it he should do something about it and not let his doubts get the better of him, for sure. I hardly think that in times of old before our official history started and we devolved in what we are now that everyone lived in splendour as we know now but rather they lived in balance with mental and physic needs, with needs and wants. I'm not detached with the material world but i choose my pleasures wisely (or so i like to think ofcourse).

My mobile phone will be with me untill it falls part from misery, like my last one ( thinking it has a spirit i hope he felt how fond i was of him
), my wallet is threadbare but still does his work and i have a emotional attachment to it, i think i will try and fix it someday with needle and thread. I bought a nice and expensive bike a few months ago that cost me 5 weeks of pay but i enjoy it every day. I could go on but i won't. Maybe we are just misunderstanding eachother at a crucial point, not sure.

On the subject of freedom, that is a different story. Freedom is worth fighting for and at the moment that someone tries to impair my personal freedom that prson will know that i have limits for what i do for another person. I help people in my own way, talk to them, give them money, try to give them an insight they didn't have before and i give them total freedom without judgement in relation to myself.

Anyway, in your writings, profound as they are (and yes, they are) i sense a frustration within and i'm not sure if that isn't the Lack you speak of getting to you via a backdoor. I have a vision of my future now, with me owning or renting a 3 room appartement with a garden or a balcony on the roof. When i have that i'm happy, personally i don't need more space then that. Living room, bedroom and a room to relax in with books, computer, a few Fatboys ( Big comfy beanbags ) and other fun stuff. That is enough for me personally and everybody will be welcome to come in and share in it.

With that said i aknowledge that my vision of happyness is not that of somebody else and that's good. Everybody has his own dream so to speak, as ong as people envision their's from their own depth and not from the tube or whatever.

Oh, by the way, thanks for this thought provoking thread

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Forgive me, I did not mean to imply you were doing poorly. I simply meant that the better one is doing, the more help you may be to others.

I apply things universally. If fighting for freedom matters, fighting for health matters, fighting for financial influence matters, because in every area, if you prosper, you can assist others. While you might make 100,000,000 dollars, you don't have to keep it. You can build schools, start charity organizations, and still live in a humble environment.

I'm a believer in the concept of giving more than you think you have, because in this, you will always bring to yourself greater abundance. If it hurts to give something, that's when you need to go beyond your comfort zone and give it up. But I most certainly am not advising people to toss away their life savings.

While I may not need to know how to survive without power or in the outdoors, the knowledge provides me security, and I am able to help others who may be in the situation with me.

My idea is that happiness is limited so long as anyone else may be suffering. The less a person may have, the less opportunity and potential to help others. So, it is my duty to be as fit both physically and fiscally as possible.

As far as frustration, I did not feel it during my first response, but I felt it upon reading your last response. It is true, I am not immune to the dark myself. I let your comments get to me a bit. Thank you. I will work to move beyond the point of being bothered by disagreement.

Only through transforming myself and my life can I be of service to others, and while I have a degree of contentment no matter where I am, I will continue to strive that I may have more to share with the world. The lesser my capacity at the moment, the greater my inability to assist should I be called on NOW.

I feel that every person is called to greatness, but many of us are deaf to this call. Every one of us could be a Martin Luther King, and even greater! But our current beliefs, and self doubts hold us down. This is the feeling of Lack, that builds separation from the world of abundance.

Thanks again for your interest.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ah ok, now i get it, the more flow you get going, the more you can share even without indulging yourself in it. A millionaire living in a cottage giving his money to the people who need it. That is a nice thought. As far as going out of your comfort zone, that hits the spot. I like my comfort zone and that does confine my potential i think. Although on the other hand the world needs people to have comfort and be a kind of example to people on the same material level without that foresaid comfort.

Anyway, i was not personally offended or anything with your previous post but just wanted to show you that people can be happy without much, as long as people THINK about what they really like to have and not get agitated by any external source that creates the market, creates the need so to speak for a product previously not known to the public they will be better of. Thanks for your honesty and clearing a few things up for me.

Still think you walk that razors-edge by the way, i'm convinced that a lot of people started with a good idea and intended to share their riches with the world after they gathered it. But on the journey they got sidetracked and convinced themselves this luxury and that one is something they needed. Maybe the rich have a shared consciousness of their own making it harder to continue giving the resources away or a thing like that. Good samaritan rich people are rare, it's a worrying thing to think about.

Hope you get it right and convince other people to go the same way and succeed
. Who knows, maybe i'll get rich someday and remember this thread

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreySwordsman

I think you're onto something.

Darkness is certainly a lack of light, love, and truth.

However, I would be more inclined to say darkness is ignorance. Ignorance of a connection to all, ignorance of a creator (however you view it), and ignorance of another's viewpoint.

We let selfish tendencies take over.

However, darkness was there all along.

There are some traditions that mention the void (darkness) as the eternal essence.

Everything came out of the darkness. Light came out of it.

This works from a worldly point of view, but from a metaphysical standpoint it holds no water (creation coming out of darkness that is, not your idea).

I believe in a ying/yang balance. We have tipped the balance in this world towards ignorance and darkness.

We, as a species, lack an intimate understanding of our surroundings and self.

We know not what or who we are: Conscious creators, a spark of the divine.

We are not the entirety of God, but a mere speck that can vibrate at the highest of levels.

Darkness=Lack of Knowledge of the Divine interconnection of all, in my opinion

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I believe in a ying/yang balance. We have tipped the balance in this world towards ignorance and darkness.

The only comment I have is the following:

Many people say that Goodness is inherently stronger than Evil. I do not agree, at least relatively speaking. They point to Goodness eventually winning out over tyranny.

Goodness does not force itself on others. It doesn't rape them, and force them to be good, or to think certain things. However, Darkness does. Darkness tends to tip the scales, it's nature is to dominate.

The collective can only be dominated for so long, before the will to cast down the Tyrants shakes the fools from their thrones.

Man abuses himself quite thoroughly, but in the end, it always says "Enough" and restores balance.

But this is just a pattern of the Dark Age that is nearly over. It is meant to teach a lesson. If only each of us would cast down our own Tyrants.

So, relatively speaking, Goodness is no stronger than Evil, in this Dark Age from my viewpoint. However, absolutely speaking, Darkness is insignificant.

Contradictory? Not by intent, but by degree.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

According to Hindu traditions, the world is broken down into cycles or yugas.

Right now we are in the Kali Yuga, the age of darkness or ignorance.

I believe this to be true.

We claim to have a great knowledge of the world, yet we have no compassion for nature and other humans (as a general statement, not everyone is seduced to the same degree by the dark).

I have my own faults to deal with, that I am sure of. From that standpoint, I am not 'pure' or 'innocent.' I guess its all relative anyway.

However, I would tend to agree with you on the darkness' power.

Light simply is, but darkness spreads wherever there is a lack of light and love.

To overcome the darkness, we will have to as a species evolve and decide enough is enough.

I do not see that happening until the end of days, so to speak.

A start of a new world soon to come.

We bring it into fruition every time we do a good deed or send love out into the world.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Yeah, the Kali Yuga period. But it is near an end! I actually talk about it a little in my old Interaction with the Spirit World thread. just added to it today.

Darkness can only be defeated through transformation, both on the personal and global scale.

It's all very interesting when you look at it from a very broad perspective, even the greatest terrors of today seem insignificant.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I could have read some of the posts wrong or missed something, but I do have questions.

Let me first say that I agree mostly with what biggie had said about light coming from darkness. I believe everyone at some point in their life hits 'rock bottom.' A time where nothing was goes the way it should or the way we want.

Many years ago I made myself hit rock bottom without realizing it. I was lacking pretty much everything and finding horrible ways to compensate for that lack. But then I woke up and said, 'Hey, I'm not doing this anymore. I've ruined my life, now I need to fix it.' Thus, I went to the light so to speak.

I don't think you can truely know what light is unless you've experienced the darkness.

That being said, I do not agree that Lack is the root of all evil. Without it, you can't learn and grow. If the absence of lack is the normal for a person, how is that person to change and grow? I understand they could expand, so to speak, on what they already have. As they make more money, they could give more to charity or hand an extra dollar to the guy living on the street. But, don't they have to know or feel Lack to a certain degree to understand WHY they are doing this?

Biggie, I can see where you are coming from when you say Darkness is Ignorance. But Light can prove to be the same. Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. But, as I said above, if all you know is Light, are you not just as uneducated as if all you knew was darkness?

Thinking of it on a much larger scale...
I see how Darkness has worked its way into the masses. With commercials and magazines and t.v. shows, movies, newspapers especially. And don't even get me started on politics. But all of these things are visual proof of something. Good or bad it is there for you to see or touch. Whereas anything spiritual is much harder to grasp because it is imagination. You can't show someone else exactly what you just saw in your imagination. You can't expect someone to believe you when you say you learned a life lesson from a tree. So society today, of course, is going to lean more towards darkness.

Children learn about the five senses in school, the 6th sense to them is just a movie. A movie in which their parents say isn't real.

I believe we are headed to a period of complete darkness. But I am also a very strong believer in karma. So in the end the universe will balance itself out. Darkness will never truely be gone, but Light will prevail.

Not quite sure if I repeated anything, or everything, that was posted prior to this. But, thist is my story and I'm sticking to it!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Firstly, I am not reading all of that.... secondly... getting the gist of what you're saying, as I've said before with these fuelling things.

Without lack, you cannot have a motivation to do, or gain, without lack, you cannot have abundance, simple as that. You can theorise that the opposite is possible, but it just is not.

Also, the psychology of why people do things is definately NOT as simple as lack of objects, some people kill others through hate, say, murdering one's son.

Very insightful though, and I'm sure you've touched upon plenty worth merit.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This thread is based on a partial truth used to illuminate an idea. I encourage everyone to not get so worked up over it. I was just throwing this partial out there to see if it was a good way to teach the concept. My result: so-so. I am considering making a better, more accurate thread something this Summer. Again, try not to get to attached to any idea of what "Darkness" really is or isn't. This was more or less an experiment on my part to see if this was a successful way to convey the message I wanted. That being said, feel free to continue to talk about it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Very interesting thread. My question is, you spak of Darkness purposely interfering with mankind, making us ruin our own lives. So is Darkness or Lack conscious? Who exactly are these agents of lack hovering around us?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

I will answer this in a different thread entitled "Darkness Revisited" later today. I think it will be a lot more informative and less abstract in that thread, and you should have your answers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join