It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA HIDING PICTURES - MALFUNCTIONS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wow... I am really into this NASA Mars mission. I was watching CNN last week seeing some of the pictures being sent in. They said there was water on mars and was evidence. The pictures looked like even rivers! CNN is one of the most trusted news sources so I don't think they are showing invalid pictures. Well after that I thought... wow they are finding to much ...they are going to shut it down prabably. Hmm Surprisingly the next day.... oh wow the mars rover malfunctions and the computers go down. How conveniant. I bet you they are hiding things from us. I bet there is life on mars and they wont tell us. They are hiding from us and it truly ticks me off. I think the goverment is afraid of wide spread panic if they anounce there are aliens. What do you people think?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
i wouldnt doubt it...do u have a link to some pictures of the things that looked like rivers?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
no sorry..... # i knew i shoulda recorded it on tivo! I truly think the goverment is hiding from us. ISnt it scary? what else could they be hiding. I sitll can't believe... 1 day after a few water pictures were released. the rover convientally malfunctions!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The Longer they Keep the Secrets....
The More Paranoya will accumulate and Finally the Mass Pandemonium will be in a sense Beautiful....

But Seeriously, If there really are secrets I would of rather have had them "Expose" is in the Past rather then Wait for our Children and Children's Children to have to Endure the Oncoming Chaos...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
lol sorry can't help but find that statement funny...

"I suspect that the government might be hiding something from us, or not being 100% honest about everything"

Nah.. you're just paranoid. Can't be true! Nuh-uh! Never! I wont believe it till I see it! Not OUR government! Bush is such a nice boy, he'd never hide things from anyone! Did you see the guys at NASA? They are such happy go-lucky bunch! No way they'd be upto something!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Tekno88.

YOu will find the "rivers" on any site that covers this expedition. YOu will even find these pictures posted dozens of times in this very forum.

I am sure you will have seen them before, unless, of course, you hjave been living on MArs.

Ho ho ho ho hum

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I wonder if you are confusing NASA's current space missions with the European Space Agency mission called Mars Express?

The Mars Express satellite has taken many impressive photos including one of what appears to been a river or lake. Is the photo on the following link?

www.esa.int...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
Tekno88.

YOu will find the "rivers" on any site that covers this expedition. YOu will even find these pictures posted dozens of times in this very forum.

I am sure you will have seen them before, unless, of course, you hjave been living on MArs.

Ho ho ho ho hum

Yeah, i guess i have seen though. I wasnt sure if he was talking about the same thing.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, I don't know if anyone here lives in a city that has the NASA channel but I do. When I see the pictures of NASA being transmitted on the screen some are still pictures in black and white. There must be more than one camera on that rover to get both black and white and colored pictures.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by emokid389
CNN is one of the most trusted news sources so I don't think they are showing invalid pictures.

And I found this statement absolutely hillarious. After the first Gulf War CNN dropped from being generally worshipped as messengers of truth to become a Pentagon ran propaganda agency Hitler would have envied. Any journalist who worked "in the field" during this war was only allowed to see what USA had staged for them to see, whenever the Masters of Puppets in the Pentagon decided they needed the publicity.

But as for the rest of the post, and the subject in question, I agree mostly. This whole thing is staged, I believe. And I also believe that if they find water on this mission, it is just one of the stagehands at Area 51 who has forgotten to turn off the sprinclers when the Sun malfunctions and falls down uppon the firmament or something.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Well, I don't know if anyone here lives in a city that has the NASA channel but I do. When I see the pictures of NASA being transmitted on the screen some are still pictures in black and white. There must be more than one camera on that rover to get both black and white and colored pictures.

uhmm.

YOu should check Kano's (i think it was him) post about this subject.

The pics are sent to us as data, we then see them as black aqnd white, they are then coloured to what is believed to be the truest colour.

I hope i am right with this, i am sure i am.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

No, the color ones are composites. The camera takes use of a wide range of filters to make these composites. However there has been great arguing over the way NASA choose to use and present these composites. Often they replace the red filter with a filter in the near IR range, something which naturally distorts the colors. These pictures they have published as press images saying these are color images, while they are infact not, but rather IR/GB composites.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

"The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching"...Isaac Asimov

NASA says:

Actual data from Mars Exploration Rover Spirit�s panoramic camera is mapped on top of these lines as dots. The plot demonstrates that the observed colors of Mars match the colors of the chips, and thus approximate the red planet�s true colors. This finding is further corroborated by the picture taken on Mars of the calibration target, which shows the colored chips as they would appear on Earth.

But it cannot be. The data is not there to create this image.

Or this one either:

Nasa says:

These are the first images sent back from the panoramic camera on the Mars Exploration Rover Spirit since the rover experienced communications problems on the 18th sol, or martian day, of its mission. They were acquired at Gusev Crater, Mars, on Sol 26 (Jan. 29, 2004), showing that the camera�s health remained excellent during Spirit�s recovery.

There is no Sol 26, and there is no match with any of the published images.

These images from the press page could not have come from any images published for Spirit.

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Sol 33: No image of sundial

Sol 30: No image of sundial

Sol 29: No image of sundial

Sol 16: Only two images that are not correct filters for color, and shadow is in wrong position.

Sol 15: No image of sundial

Sol 14: Lander in frame above sundial, not the ground

Sol 13: No image of sundial

Sol 12: No image of sundial

Sol 11: No image of sundial

Sol 10: No image of sundial

Sol 9: No image of sundial

Sol 8: No image of sundial

Sol 7: No image of sundial

Sol 6: First two images from R2 and R7 filters cannot create color, rocks are different. All other sundial images shadow is too long.

Sol 5: Lander in image above sundial. Rover on pad.

Sol 4: Rover on pad

Sol 3: Rover on pad

Sol 2: Rover on pad

Sol 1: No image of sundial

NASA has failed to provide the raw data for both of the press page images that they are using to prove the color of Mars, and told direct lies on the press page.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by ArchAngel]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Oh..
Thanks Hamilton! I appreciate the info!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Scuse me MrMulder but have you just ignored that fact that Archangel and myself have tried to tell you teh same thing too?

Though, I must admit that they have both done it terribly better than i did.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My apologies triplesod. I didn't mean to count you out. I'm not feeling well right now. So my brain processing is not 100%. You're right. Thank you for correcting me.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Um, excuse me, but what in the hell would NASA gain by hiding Mars's "true colors"? Someone please explain this to me. Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Um, excuse me, but what in the hell would NASA gain by hiding Mars's "true colors"? Someone please explain this to me.

At minimum they are hiding the source images for the only two "true color" images they have posted with both the ground, and the sundial together.

There is no proof yet of the color from NASA that can be verified..

But others have tried to create "true color" images from other data. Look here:

mindspring.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly
Um, excuse me, but what in the hell would NASA gain by hiding Mars's "true colors"? Someone please explain this to me. Thanks in advance.

The question isn't why would they hide the color of Mars, but why they would distort the color in pictures taken on Earth presented as Martian images. In order to make an Earthly desert look somewhat Martian, all you have to do is to twist the colors a little. By changing the blue filter with one in the red purple field for instance, which I believe they have done in this case. I think they have shuffled these filters well. And the reason? To move great ammounts of money from official budgets over into the near IR range so to speek.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
On CNN, I think they're lucky as # to even be allowed in a war zone. I mean after, Geraldo's stunt that involved DRAWING A MAP OF MILITARY UNIT LOCATIONS, I think we all learned that the media is too #ing stupid and hung on the idea that "Freedom of Press' means "Freedom to get people killed for ratings".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join