It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moon pictures explain these

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I have been doing a little reasearch online and have found some very intresting pictures.

the second image is straight off nasa's website

I have heard that the lines in this picture may be collapsed lava tubes, but they just don't seem to look like that. the way they go over craters doesn't seem to conform to that idea.

I would appreciate any explanations to these pictures, I am leaning to the intelligently crated, but am open to more likely explanations

[edit on 11-12-2007 by Project_Exo]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
What, exactly, makes you lean toward the idea that they were "intelligently created?" Maybe you'd like to elaborate.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This has been covered already. It is an antenna from the module. It sticks out in front of the camera.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am leaning to intelligently created because that is the only explanation that makes sense. there is no wind, water, or seismic activity to make patterns on the moon. Any ancient volcanic formations have long ago been battered by meteors and the dust caused by there impact. Considering there have been thousands of sightings of ETV's by civilians, as well as Colonel's, generals and commercial airline pilots, corroborated by radar contact. It kinda makes sense that ET's may have made structures or patterns on the moon. I don't know this for a fact because I am not a photo/ geology expert, but would sure be interested in a experts opinion on these strange photos of the moon.

The antenna makes sense for the first two, but what about the second two
could some one link me to the thread talking about the antenna, it is a little strange that it is in focus. And if it were a antenna why would in cast a shadow on the ground.
[edit on 12-12-2007 by Project_Exo]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Very true. I ligtened the picture up and you can clearly see the antena w/ a cord wraping around it:

As far as the 1st picture. Clearly an edit job. You can see where the pictures were put together....line down the middle.

As far as the other 2. I see nothing but rock, craters, mountains, crevices. Seriously. I just dont see what some of you are seeing

[edit on 12-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
the last one is the one I am most interested in. It is from the japan probe. Can some one please explain the lines going over the craters. If they are natural, how did they form?
The center of this image shows "Repsold," a crater that is about 66 miles wide. The channel that crosses this crater is called the "Repsold Valley."

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Like most folks I nominate that as nothing more than the boom extension from the module. The reason why it looks as if it extends from nothingness is due to the image itself being compiled from a mosiac made up of a number of photos. Because of this we see a sudden "cut-off."

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
robwerden and greeneyedleo have already covered the questions number 1, 2, and 3 very well
(by the way, this is the link to the ongoing thread about image #3
www.abovetopsecret.com... )

The image 4, from Kaguya Selene, shows lava channels, imho:
i'd say that the 90 degrees angles are odd, but keep in mind that there are also angles which aren't 90° at all.
Besides, we don't have a 3d terrain view of the area, and what appears to be a flat surface could not be flat at all.
There's nothing which suggests an artificial origin for them, imho, but that's a nice find anyway.
An interesting article here:
www.thunderbolts.info...
Keep also in mind that next year the U.S. LRO will provide the first submeter resolution images from the Moon, and that will be interesting of course: Kaguya Selene TC resolution is 10 meters/px, this means that an object ten meter long would be resolved in a single pixel: you can easily imagine how many details are still missing so far from the Moon.

Frankly, in all the stuff i've seen so far from Jaxa, the only thing that puzzled me is this this one, that i've cropped from the HDTV:

and of course they could be natural formations ....

www.jaxa.jp...

[edit on 12/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
1. as said by rob and green, and internos. is part of the capsual, and a composite of two images.
"The caduceuslike object protruding into the view from the right edge of the photograph is the boom of the gamma ray spectrometer. A detector at the end of the boom measured the concentration of radioactive materials on the lunar surface along the ground track of the spacecraft."

2. same. www.hq.nasa.gov...

3. as10-30-4349
am not sure myself, but a number of theories are discussed at this site.
www.thelivingmoon.com...

4. www.jaxa.jp...

yep. Nasa’s possible lave flows. (some may well be used to hide tubes/roads, but that is purely speculation)

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Anyway, you could be interest in this document related to Project Leap

Initiated in Fall, 1985, Project LEAP involved faculty and
students in the College's Experimental Architecture
graduate program. Technical and financial support
were provided by the NASA-Johnson Space Center
Advanced Programs Office. The project's main pupose
was to create a reference lunar base development
and staging plan to support follow-on research
and design studies by SICSA and other organizations.
The project identified requirements and recommended
concepts for peer review and evaluation.

Download .PDF file here

as you can see, there are some similarities, but we're in the field of pure speculations, of course: i'm just pointing out that some parts of possible settlements on the Moon may have an almost natural appearance...

[edit on 12/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Exo

For those who just landed, The Government in the eigthies had half a dozen Very Top secret lauches that used Saturn V, rockets to carry heavy loads into space, some say spy satellites, others unknown, try apollo 20?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Exo
I am leaning to intelligently created because that is the only explanation that makes sense. there is no wind, water, or seismic activity to make patterns on the moon.

There are still plenty of processes on the Moon that will make what you see as "patterns." Meteor strikes, seismic activity (yes), debris accumulation, ancient volcanic activity, and some recurring outgassing that appears as Transient Lunar Phenomena (TLP). the Moon is not as geologically inactive as you might think.

And I would suggest that using something like aliens, which have yet to be proven to exist, as an "explanation," is a little shaky logically. I could just as easily and logically say that giant Moon rabbits or leprechauns were responsible, since they are all equally unproven.

Even if there were some real patterns, it might be better to leave them as "unknown," and possibly the result of some natural process, rather than jump in and try to explain them with something completely unproven like aliens.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I have little understanding of people who don't believe that ET's are visiting us. just watch the disclosure project. You could kill someone with that kind of evidence in the court of law. And what about all the coroberating radar data. But there will always be those who wont believe things until they can bang on it with a hammer.

and I would like to thank those who have explained these pictures to me, I am now fairly confident that they are all natural to the moon

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
That second picture after downloading it and zooming in looks like an antenna. At first I thought it was from a rock rolling but that changes at a closer look.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Project_Exoi]
I am leaning to intelligently created because that is the only explanation that makes sense. there is no wind, water, or seismic activity to make patterns on the moon. Any ancient volcanic formations have long ago been battered by meteors and the dust caused by there impact. Considering there have been thousands of sightings of ETV's by civilians, as well as Colonel's, generals and commercial airline pilots, corroborated by radar contact. It kinda makes sense that It may have made structures or patterns on the moon. I don't know this for a fact because I am not a photo/ geology expert, but would sure be interested in a experts opinion on these strange photos of the moon.

The antenna makes sense for the first two, but what about the second two
could some one link me to the thread talking about the antenna, it is a little strange that it is in focus. And if it were a antenna why would in cast a shadow on the ground.

Actually, NASA just admitted to some sort of "dust storms" on the Moon.

Im just curious as to what your suggesting these images show? Alien life, or human bases on the Moon.

I would rule out the latter of the two, but if you mean to tell me sofisticated life forms are hiding out in a rock, I'd suggest taking a step back and thinking about it for a second.

Our minds naturally see patterns in everything. Look at a tv with no cable or satellite picture, just with the fuzzy dots and focus on one point, you'll start to see patterns... is anything there... no just fuzzy dots.

top topics

join