It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitley Streiber claims to have seen a drone...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I received Whitley's latest newsletter on Friday, Dec 7th, and he is claiming to have seen one of those drones that very morning at 4:53am. I wasnt sure how to create a link to an e-newsletter so I have copied and pasted his experience below...

Whitley Strieber Sees a Drone

This morning at 4:53 AM, Whitley Strieber saw a drone over Santa Monica, California. The Striebers are in California seeing friends, and Whitley has sent me the following email, with permission to publish it. He will write a journal entry about his experience that will be posted on Saturday, December 8.

SUBSCRIBERS: Listen to Linda Howe's Drones reports in Dreamland, 6/16, 6/23 and 6/30/07.

And remember, there are a lot of people out there lying about the drones and trying to debunk them. But these people ignore ONE THING: Linda's interviews with credible eyewitnesses. Do not be deceived about this.

This is his email:

Well, in one sense the drones mystery is solved because at 4:53 this morning, I saw one.

I had an extremely restless night, full of complex and astounding dreams that I will record in a journal on my website. They also involved my book the Key and the crop circles, and have led me to a very clear understanding that there is a new level of consciousness available to us now. The dreams lasted from about 3:00 to the moment I woke up and saw the thing outside, which was at exactly 4:53. (I know the times because I sent one of my agents an email at 2:47 about a business matter, then went to bed and was shortly asleep. When I saw the drone, I was looking across the bedroom toward the window, with my wife's lighted clock just visible below the window.)

I woke up lying on my side, and saw the thing moving just below and in the bottom edge of the clouds. It was stormy. The object was enormous, and from where I was lying it must have been no more than a few hundred feet overhead. It appeared almost level with the line of the roof that is visible outside my window. It was moving toward our building at a stately pace, gliding easily, like a dirigible. I had the impression that it was quite large, but obviously, no way to tell for sure. Because of the clouds, I did not see the characteristic tall antennae on it, but I did see structure that looked a lot like what the bicyclists photographed. I immediately woke Anne up and went to the window. But we could not see it from the window.

I looked for a while, trying to see if I could spot some edge of it in the clouds. It had not been moving fast at all, so there was reason to believe it was still there. Not seeing it, I went to the dresser and got my cellphone, which has a camera in it, and put it beside the bed. I then lay down and turned over to the same position I had been in when I first saw it--and there the thing was again, clearly visible just below the cloud cover. Now it was much closer to the house. When I moved my head to get up again, I could no longer see it. When I returned to the original angle, I could see it again. This time, it was gliding west, toward the ocean, only its lower structure visible in the clouds. I opened the cellphone, in an attempt to take a picture of it from that angle, but by then it had passed beyond the edge of the window. I saw nothing more of it, but there is no question in my mind at all but that they are real.

[edit on 8/28/07 by Sequel]

[edit on 8/28/07 by Sequel]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Interesting.

I like to think of Streiber as being fairly credible. Of course I am open to any contrary evidence referring to this.

I checked UC, and despite this email saying there will be a Dec 8 journal entry, as of now there doesn't appear to be one. Maybe my cache is not updated or he's just a bit late in posting it. I'm keeping an eye on it.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
while alienware has denied being behind the drones, I do find the most recent alienware/intel game somewhat similar

"All you have to do is visit the site and race against the clock and destroy drones in order to get points and unlock other tracks."
www.sk-gaming.com...
and the site:
www.hyperblastgame.com...

and yet he's seen one. strange

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What!! I don't believe this.

Indeed interesting, yet the Drones seemed very very fake.

Gonna look at that.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't mean the shoot the messanger, but I think it's worth remembering that Whitley Strieber was an accomplished fiction writer before he became involved in UFO research, successful and talented enough to live off his writings, something that few writers are able to do.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
I don't mean the shoot the messanger, but I think it's worth remembering that Whitley Strieber was an accomplished fiction writer before he became involved in UFO research, successful and talented enough to live off his writings, something that few writers are able to do.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by SaviorComplex]

I think I'm going to be rather skeptical on him.

The drones also had messages of "alien invasion" in some reports, makes me very skeptical.

I still think it's fake.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sequel,
Maybe you could write to Mr.Streiber and suggest that even if whatever he's seeing at any given time disappears just as he's scrambling to take a photo of it, to still take some photo's even if whatever it was that was there is no longer being seen.

Sometimes things show up even when you can't see them with your naked eye.. especially if there was 'something' there just moments ago.

Just my .02 worth but I am surprised he didn't take any photo's at all. Since he's a contactee and is someone who has had many, many experiences, one would think that he would have a camera with him at all times and not just a cellphone cam.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I also think it is strange that he did not take one single photo, and that someone with his "history" does not have a digital camera on hand at all times. I always have a digital camera and I have not had one single experience. I am not necessarily waiting to capture something that would be considered "edge" or "unexplainable", but you would think that someone who supposedly dedicates their whole lives to uncovering the truth would try to increase their chances of proving what they "know" is real.

Thanks for all the input thus far!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The whole drone thing just stinks to hell and I'm coming to beileve that Strieber is a disinfo agent.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
let me say this about that !

recently i corresponded with frank-warren on his UFO blog,
he decided that the sighting i had back in 1996 was printable--
and frank posted my encounter with a 'drone' object on 12-02-2007

(ain't it coincidence that instead of a UFO encounter. ole Witney is
on board with his own Drone sighting/experience after Frank Warrens Blog
published a 'Drone' craft observation from a 3rd party...!)

here's the link to the Drone (at least that's my considered opinion)
sighting in it's unembellished presentation...
i tried to have frank re create the image of the three 'football shaped'
(and football sized) glowing lights which numbered 3...and spaced 12 ft apart in a triangle formation.........
i don't know if that was done(the recreation image) - but if not, our communications agreed that it was much more important that the public be aware that there are low altitude crafts, operating in the cover of darkness, and obscured by car lights- - - monitoring us
At least in Phoenix.

Witneys' claim might be serendipitious... or his claim is one who is jumping on a bandwagon that is on the cutting edge... it's your decision friends

thanks,

oops: frankwarren.blogspot.com...

[edit on 10-12-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
The whole drone thing just stinks to hell and I'm coming to beileve that Strieber is a disinfo agent.

I think you're giving him too much credit. Guess how much money he makes from his books and speeches? The guy even had a movie made based on one of his books that starred Christopher Walken.

Odds are more likely that he's just a greedy con-man.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Whitley is one of the chosen ones. He sees things others dont and then he makes tons of $$$$$.

Someone up there likes him. Personally, i think he's dilussional.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Looks like Mr. Streiber has finally released the journal that was supposed to have come out on the 8th. Visit the following link if you want to read about his "experience". Whitley Streiber's Journal

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
IF photos ect are not fake I just wonder how the drones fly...maybe they are all just CGI..If I recall their were photos from two or three different sources

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
ok so in the second to last paragraph, second line, he states that "the object was enormous" he goes on to state that it couldnt have been more than a few hundred feet above(or something of that nature)

so if you had to guess, how big do you think something has to be for it to be considered enormous? 100feet across? 1000feet across?
a quarter mile across?

his story is so vague. he does very little to describe the actual drone. he'd rather point out useless intricacies about how he was laying when he woke up, his dreams, the times, why he was in Santa Monica and such.

then he goes on to try and 'prove' himself. and i quote "The dreams lasted from about 3:00 to the moment I woke up and saw the thing outside, which was at exactly 4:53. (I know the times because I sent one of my agents an email at 2:47 about a business matter, then went to bed and was shortly asleep."

-why did he feel the need to prove himself here?

then he points out things like "it didnt have the characteristic antenna" "but it did look...like the structure the bicyclists photographed"
so he's obviously been following all of this drone stuff for quite some time.

as another poster pointed out, "Whitley Strieber was an accomplished fiction writer" so, for all we know, he could be Isaac. although i doubt it.

top topics

join