It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow earth full of water?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
www.livescience.com...

Just found that, I wonder if hollow earth explorers would need a scuba gear!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Mystics, Occultists and Esotericists have been saying since hundreds of years that there are subterranean oceans beneath the earth. One book that talks about it is over a hundred years old, the title is "Editorpha". Another more than 100 year old book that makes reference to this is entitled "Zanoni".

Scientists would just have to listen to the "weirdos" once in awhile and they would speed up their snail-pace.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Right, but according to the article, this is water that is sinking with the rock along the edges of the tectonic plates, not a actual body of water. This isn't a completely hollow area filled with water.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
According to the the older literature, the earth is not entirely hollow but at least open enough to allow for subterranean dwellings and oceans.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Go check it out!

Let me know your findings!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
May I ask what led you to this article? I only ask because it's about the 3rd or 4th time someone has posted this, and it came out it Feb. Was this considered news on another forum or website? It just seems strange all of these posts are coming within the same day, talking about the same old news.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and what I think is the original...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ok, but this is rock that has water in it, not openings. Not enough rooms for small fish, let alone dwellings or free watter. This is more like mud or quicksand.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Ok, but this is rock that has water in it, not openings. Not enough rooms for small fish, let alone dwellings or free watter. This is more like mud or quicksand.

Maybe. But the article doesnt say that.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The article said that about 0.1 pct of the rock may be made up of water and, since that's a lot of rock, there could be what amounts to an Arctic Ocean's worth of water trapped in the rock. That's not "hollow" in the commonly used sense of the word.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thank you Mr. Spork.
I saw that just skimming the article, how much did you read before making your options or rushing to put forth your ideas?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My original post did not say the earth was hollow. It said that "some of us" know of oceans under earth since hundreds, if not thousands of years.

The point being made is that "new" discoveries are sometimes not new at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Alright, and sorry if my last post was a bit offensive, I wasn't thinking when i said it, and it came out more abrasive than I intended.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS by the way.

I admit I was a bit overzealous in my belief of subterranean worlds

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's all those dried up oil wells that are filling up with water now.

Pretty soon all the oil will be gone and the empty holes will be ocean's of petroleum sludge and rock.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Thank you Mr. Spork.
I saw that just skimming the article, how much did you read before making your options or rushing to put forth your ideas?

Wha? I read the article and then read the thread comments. I was backing you up, RuneSpider, by responding to Skyfloating's response to your comment.

Have a happy.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry, that part was refering back to Skyfloating, not you.It's been a long day and I'm making less sens as I go along.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Insane its starting to add up now Is there animals in this volume of water fish reefs plants etc I would be happy to see even seeweed here.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by aeroman1

It's already been stated more than once that there is no open body of water; it's a slab of ocean floor that is infused with water. There's a lot there, but it's not an 'ocean' under ground.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
that doesn't mean that their aren't chance of microbial life, but yep, nothing to do with a giant ocean beneath the earth.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I wish we could find out some hardcore undeniable facts to prove or disprove this whole hollow earth idea. Perhaps the only way to get in is through caves but who is to say that would be safe? Would there even be oxygen that deep into the earth?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join