It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Threads Are Being Stolen By Other Websites From ATS!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

You might be getting the same error I got when trying the direct link. Here is a link to the specific forum instead:

www.iirobotics.com...

Mike's article is there, forth post from the top.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Way to go guys, and especially SO.

Theft is theft.

Let's hope these people get their comeuppance.

The dirty rotters

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Mike, I would take some sort of snapshot of that post, or anything else you can use as evidence, before it goes away. Just in case this turns nasty somewhere down the road.

At least, now you know we all stand behind you, and the site owners as well. (I almost feel like singing the chorus of "We Are Family"?
)

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

here's a screenshot i took of the page just a couple of minutes ago to prove that as of this posting, Mike's article is still being hosted (albeit plagiarized) on the iiRobotics website.

Flagged for support.

[edit on 12.9.07 by toreishi]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Thanks for the help there. I'm such a dummy with computers, I wouldn't even attempt it. I'm on my son's rig anyway, and this thing hates me.

Thanks for your posting that and for your support.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The comments section is on.

Does anyone have any reason I SHOULDN'T post a comment about the plagiarism and directing people to ATS?

If there are good reasons why not, then I won't. Otherwise, I'm in the mood to tell someone off today and this is a great opportunity.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I have a reply from the abuse department of their hosting provided. They are looking into it.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks Beachcoma, your link worked just fine. I had used the original link posted by MikeSingh in the first post. I don't think that site is working too well...
I noticed that there was another thread which seemed familiar and I think might be an ATS one. No author posted for that either. Looks like he freely plagiarizes alot. The fact that he posts no author says to me that he knows exactly what he's doing. I still can't believe he plagiarized BCC and CNN; but I'm sure there are alot of other author's work plagiarized on that site.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You know, it's a fairly nice looking site, as if they had the time and money to put into it right off. Multiple thefts doesn't seem right, when not doing so would have been fairly easy.

I wonder if someone could be trying to test the law in this area? I don't know about other countries, but here in the US laws get tested a lot.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hey Mike (or anyone else):

You can use this tool to check for other cases of plagiarism of your work:
Copyscape - Website Plagiarism Search

The most accurate match will be returned at the top. It's not 100% effective, but it helps narrow the search down.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Please let us handle this in the "proper" way. If you want to post comments without mentioning ATS that's fine of course.

Please don't flame the site WRT to ATS, it's just not how we do things.

Thanks.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm over it now anyway Springer. Sometimes I just get an evil little urge ...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

THanks Beachcoma, this is indeed a handy little tool and one I can use to look for any plagiarism of my magazine. THis will be a big help, thanks!
FL

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Yup still there as of 1:32 Pm Pacific Dec 9th

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
WOWZERS Mike talk about the ultimate compliment! They can not come up with ANYTHING BETTER than what you wrote..............
......its UBER lame to be cyber ripped off, but I bet you the ATS admin is all over this, as they work at running a tight ship and they have COPYRIGHTS

.........they won't let this slide you watch what goes down.

We all will.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
You know, it's a fairly nice looking site, as if they had the time and money to put into it right off. Multiple thefts doesn't seem right, when not doing so would have been fairly easy.

It is really simple

All you need is to write a letter most news agencies will let you repost for non commercial educational purposes... and simply leave the appropriate credits and links to the original intact

Some will only let you quote a relevant section then link to the original story

As posted ATS allows use as long as credit is provided ... seems simple enough

With all the work they put into that site... strange they would take the chance, especially assigning their own copyright to the material

>>> sharpening swords and mustering the troops

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

On one hand, that's a compliment to you in a way. But on the other hand, I'd be pissed just as much as you are.

I did a Google search for my biggest thread, "END The Alex Jones GAME", to make sure I wasn't copied off of as well. It had two or three hits on other sites, but they simply linked to my thread. So no plagiarism there, thankfully.

What I find absolutely hilarious is, not only do they post your thread word for word a day after you post yours, but they link to YOUR photobucket account!

Absolutely priceless.

Since it was posted only a day after your thread, that leads me to believe it's someone who frequents this site. Maybe not necessarily a member, but a regular guest.

I don't see why it's even worth it. Give credit where credit is due. It's not hard to put "Authored by mikesingh from ATS" and provide the link to your thread.

Just pathetic. Plagiarism is real low.

Good to see the amigos on top of this.

Everyone else - I'm as upset as you are about it, but lets let the amigos handle the legality of this. They know the copyright laws and this is their website, so lets not give a bad image for ATS. We can get behind our fellow members and support them, but lets not go rogue and take out our frustration and 'revenge' on other sites.

Thread flagged. Hopefully some justice is served, Mike.

[edit on 12/9/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hi, Ive just been yold about the offending post in iiRobotics.com... On behalf of iiR we apologies over this annoying problem and have started banning and removing offending content...

We apologies for the upset!
let me know about any other problems
PMS me cheers

[edit on 9-12-2007 by harry20007]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by harry20007

Having registered over five months ago, were you and those you work with unaware of the stand ATS has o copyright? I ask because I am curious how this came about, as I am sure many people here are.

Thank You

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

just goes to show you there is no Honor, Integrity,Honesty and truthfullness from some folk .
Where is their creative inventiveness ????
Below Zero I believe. This means that we must be more aware and know you that I am behind you all the way my friend you can count on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join