It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've converted to Christianity

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've suddenly reached the point where in order to argue with you further I'd have to argue against religion in general, thus rendering me a hypocrite.

Just give me some proof, thats it. If I told you there was a MAJIKLE DISLEXIC MUNKY™ that could grant you any wish on Pluto; you'd want proof. And even if I was right, perhaps my SUPIR SPASE SHIP™ broke down once I got back to Earth, and I forgot to take pictures. You'd want proof. Oh, but I've got proof! I wrote everything I saw and learned from this MAJIKLE DISLEXIC MUNKY™ in a book called the HOLY® MAJIKLE DISLEXIC MUNKY™ BIBUL©™ Klassix™ Memoriez™; split into two sections! The OLD® MAJIKLE DISLEXIC MUNKY™ TESTIMONI©™ and the NU® MAJIKLE DISLEXIC MUNKY™ TESTIMONI©™! That should be enough proof for you.

See I made a Funi Jokez™

I'm not denying you felt and saw miracles, I'm just saying, well you know tell your god to send an obvious miracle my way, rather than playing irritating drive-me-insane mind games with me by relying on his followers apparently 95% of the time to spread the word without enough proof to convince any unbiased human with a rational soul to believe.

Lol. See I'm a HIPPOKRIT©®™ now.

TM™

[edit on 12/13/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Miracles are completely subjective and perceived only by "believers." That is because a "miracle" by its very nature, must break the laws of physics in order to occur.

Since this doesn't actually happen, it is all a function of the person's belief system, which pre-disposes them to reading meaning into something random.

A believer sees the Virgin Mary on a tortilla; I see a tortilla with a browning pattern that means it's ready to eat.

Mmmmm. Yummy holy tortilla.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
See I made that one a Funi Jokez™ because see even I am tired of the standard atheist rhetoric; it irritates me a lot now, but it irritated me even during the last months of me being an atheist and agnostic.

It's so overdone, it may work, but it's so overdone, that argument I used is used by atheists in many other forms and using different words and examples, such as the invisible pink unicorn, flying spaghetti monster (though thats not strictly atheist, but very VERY overdone and obnoxious at this point, it's not serious enough, too wimpy), also that teacup, whatever...

It's so annoying every time I hear one of those examples I feel like throwing up; opposite sides of the same coin.

So, since I was, to my dismay, forced to use such an argument I drilled into the ground so many times when I used to be an atheist, I dressed it up a bit to make it more pleasing to the brain.

See, its Athiest/Agnostik® & Frendz®™ Argyuing™ for the Nu® Mulenyum©™

*fumes*

OH MY GODDESS I am so damn tired of religious arguments and debates if Christians just shutup in the first place (OH THATS RIGHT NOT ALL CHRISTIANS SORRY TO GENERALIZE! LOL!) also Muslims (OH RIGHT NOT ALL LOLOLOLOLOL!) and just to be on the safe side any other religion that has the general inherit arrogance of these two religions than most atheists wouldn't be so annoying! When I was an atheist I only targeted Christians, though my attacks and the justification could be used to shatter the foundations of many religions not just Christianity.

Now, I said I hated religion, but in reality I hated Christianity; why? The experience I got. Only religion that did that to me, told me I was going to hell, etc etc etc oh goddess I should just be quiet I'm ranting.

AHHH why must they have such strict religious dogma?! And I'm sick and tired of having to say "OH AND I DON'T MEAN ALL CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS" (the latter being much more prevalent with me lately). Why?! Well, it's true, but at the same time the same people are getting the same stuff out of the SAME BOOKS! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO?!

"Oh but not all Christians are like that, many respect other beliefs!" WELL THATS TRUE!

Oh, but then again the Bible, apparently, says not to, and to convert people to save them...

...are the tolerant, not demeaning Christians even real Christians? Sadly the person I am primarily arguing against here would be one to agree, it seems...

*sigh* ...no point, sick of these debates, same stuff brought up again and again and again and again, I'm getting the same punishment as Gandhi, Hitler, his victims, Einstein, the Dalai Llama, etc etc etc...it's nonsensical, but I partially understand why they think that way...and thats what makes me sicker...

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You know what's more amusing than Paresthesia's little joke in this thread? JiT's attempts to convert Kacen.

It's hard enough to convert someone (to anything, not just another religion) face-to-face, the fact that someone is attempting it online is truly hilarious!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Who's bigger.
The one that pokes, or the one that gets poked?
If you ask me, the stench of this place is similar to smoke.
It makes me choke, incense which is foul, devoid of love or hope.
So when I come near it, I naturally want to turn in the other direction,
And make a reflection of love, to beat back all you haters like the fuzz.

Opinions are like noses, almost everbody has one, but does that mean you have to demand from people that expand some and ransom their guilt for joy, cup filled to the hilt?

This temple we built inside? It never dies, but resides eternally, like Yeshua ha Moshiach will be burning each and every one of you externally.

Don't blame it on me when your soul is underdeveloped and rotten as your apple falls from the tree.

[edit on 12/13/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
" hippokrit "

Boy dont you just love the sincerity?

" Send one my way "

Kacen, the proof is up to you, but you must have faith to believe in his miracles. The things ive see are proof enough to me, and if you have faith you will see more and more of his works.

Just dont write him off completely, because you dont know if he is or not the Lord. Not including the 100s of saints miracles I believe in. I should say 1,000s.

Beach.

I am surely not trying to convert Kacen. I entered this thread because of a man saying that he knows exactly why people enter religion because they are weak people and ofcourse he said hes (always right). That bothers me.

Me and Kacen, he is a soul of God, were talking about freemasonry and so forth.

If he converts, God will be happy, Gods grace in me. This isnt some contest to me to see who wins an argument.

I will say that im wrong a ton of time, not about God, but the things I say sometimes, everybodies better than me.

But if he converts thats up to him, I will remember and pray for this gentleman for the rest of my life when im off this internet.

peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Ah... sorry for misunderstanding. From a third party perspective it looked that way. Just saying. That's how it looked.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well I'd have to say believing in God, or Christianity is a step in the right direction if you didn't believe in anything before.. or if you believed in your belly button lint.. (or had a very vague belief system)

and honestly it is a good place to start, but theres a lot of literature outside of the bible that "was supposed" to be included but wasn't because of some poor editors, namely the Vatican as a whole ... although that's too precise a culprit to be accurate, either way.. believing is good enough, as long as you believe there is more to this than what everyone has been letting on .. there's no way to be sure either way which is the truthiest of all .. it's all bullox .. lol
but it all makes one think... it makes those glandes excrete what they need to, .. alas, the brain must be "turned over" like an engine, it has to be put through the paces every now and then or it'll seize up and that's exactly what your glandes will do, calcify and cease to produce the necessary elements to propel you to think the thoughts that free you.

What is the purpose of Christianity? of any religion? .. is this not all for immortality? .. for ever lasting life? .. do not be so ignorant to sluff it aside, it seems to be the root of desire, much more so than getting along ...

I urge you to take yourself away from "yourself" and ask .. why? why seek anything at all? what else is there other than me? is there anything more to me? do I need to seek outwardly or is there enough for a million life-times within me, .. what is the expression of that which never sees the light? the brain which never sees the light but interprets it.

[edit on 12/14/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Correct.. Christianity is one of many pathways to the divine knowledge.

Most traditional Christians won't tell you that however, and will say the only way is through Jesus.

This is technically true, but not to the harsh literal extent the traditional Christian has in mind.

A Jew or Muslim, or Sikh for that matter, who lives righteous, does good, and makes good work of his hands and mind, will be "picked" or reaped by the sickle during the harvest, by Yeshua. Yeshua is the Harvester of Souls, and even if you do not know him, he knows you if you live righteous and do good works, because in doing so you are unknowingly walking in his footsteps and doing just like he does. So when the day comes, he will not pass over you, you too shall be redeemed. Think of it as a beacon on your soul.

And in this all good men attain Heaven through Christ, even those who know nothing of Christ.

Therefore I cannot stress the ultimate teaching enough, which is not what you know or which set of rituals you are familiar with and perform, but rather that you perform at all that matters. For what man can lay authority to Heaven and God through a specific religion? So in the end, it's not what you preach, but what you practice. It's all about how you live, the choices you make, and the way you treat others. This is the measure of a holy man.

[edit on 12/14/2007 by runetang]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
A Jew or Muslim, or Sikh for that matter, who lives righteous, does good, and makes good work of his hands and mind, will be "picked" or reaped by the sickle during the harvest, by Yeshua.

What about pagans? =X

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hehe. Ahh .. you want me to lose my credibility with the extreme end of the waters. This I can do. I didn't leave Pagan out on purpose, but rather because there are so many variations of Pagan, some of which are indeed evil or evil based, while others are good and nature based, stemming from ancient Western Europe. The bad stuff tends to be pre-Islamic Middle-Eastern Paganism, and I know you aren't into that Kacen, because you don't praise the Horned God or anything, lol.

and Pagans too! shall be brought up in the whirlwind of good souls!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What makes those religions worse than others? The association with the old testament?

Ah well, right, those people tended to sacrifice children and junk...wackos...

Yeah, your right, saying paganism is one religion is like saying the Abrahamic faiths are one religion, it's a general category, is all.

Some pagans are even monotheist,I tend to kinda be, though I don't follow strict dogma... I tend to follow something older than all other more "organized" (for lack of a better term) pagan religions, a theory that is pretty well backed up that humans originally worshiped a mother goddess...and thats it...

[edit on 12/15/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It all boils down to the egg came from the chicken but where did the chicken come from? Atheists/Christians/Whatever else, can both argue their side, and both have an answer for every question. So it does not get anywhere. I believe I have a soul, and that we are all immortal, and there is a god, but I do not believe in Christianity/jewish/catholic/Muslim/and whatever else religion there is. They are all taught different, and different bibles/books. There were a few articles I have seen floating around here, saying that the Bible was written by people stoned out of their minds. Whether that is true or not I have no idea.

In the Bible, god made marry pregnant, then he himself entered her babie's body, who was called Jesus. Jesus and God are supposed to be the same person, god supposedly just came to earth as a human to see how its like, and to tell people the truth. I do not praise or worship jesus or a god, but I believe there is one.

There are to many things that have happened that I have seen, or just couldn't be a coincidence, that makes me believe there is something else out there watching over us.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
All religious debate considered, I would just like to express my gratitude towards the OP for posting that video. Myself and several of my friends got quite a kick out of that little kid wandering aimlessly through the woods freaking out about atheism as if it does him some great personal harm...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join