It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

BORN AGAIN, what is it?

page: 2
3
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just the fact that people obnoxiously star posts that are merely obscure metaphors grinds my gears.

When you have to fight an argument with metaphors, thats when you know that the argument became retarded. Metaphors are not used for arguments, they're used for less intense convos.




posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kacen
 


now THAT deserves a star... so you got one

from me, if you hadn't figured that much out yet (but i know my favorite.. second favorite.. pagan had figured that out already)



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
A metaphor is worth a thousand words, it's simply a glyph used to convey thought and understanding. A true metaphor is the language of image, what's the issue here, its execution or its subject matter?



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
A metaphor is worth a thousand words, it's simply a glyph used to convey thought and understanding. A true metaphor is the language of image, what's the issue here, its execution or its subject matter?


I agree, however your metaphors are no better for an argument than an atheist's or a pagan's or anyone else, they don't move the argument along.

Then again, I can't really see what would move this along...

Nothing, really, I've never seen a religious argument in my life reach a conclusion where one side admitted defeat; human nature, people do not like to admit they're wrong.

Sad fact is when it comes to most religions nowadays theres no scientific way to 100% disprove a religion or prove one so really any form of argument just doesn't work.

I mean, the only thing that might is proving that there is some sort of higher power to say an atheist (it really depends on how your brain is wired, me thinks, and depending on happenings in life, it can change), but proving a specific religion is just not that simple.



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
AS for Muslims, and Bhuddist, they may have a conscience, but very little.


That's one the most ignorant statements I have ever read. Maybe you should read some buddhist texts...Oh wait it's a false religion.



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep
 


But we aren't neccesarily talking about those people that are "lost" as you put it. There are many people who are involved in other religions or in no religion that feel just as enlightened and fullfilled as you do with your religion. So why try and "save" them when they simply have a different opinion than you do?



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
But we aren't neccesarily talking about those people that are "lost" as you put it. There are many people who are involved in other religions or in no religion that feel just as enlightened and fullfilled as you do with your religion. So why try and "save" them when they simply have a different opinion than you do?


I was quite enlightened and fulfilled too, once upon a time, before I was enlightened and fulfilled.

Could be comparable to tasting food. You've probably eaten the best you've ever tasted until the best you've ever tasted came along and made itself known to you.

Also back to the gardening. Depending on what type of plants grow, depends on whether the land lord harvests and keeps them or bundles them up and burns them.

If you plant a garden this year, I'm sure the weeds will be quite enlightened and fulfilled too while they devour the nutrients that you intended for your vegetables to eat. Well until you decide root them up.

The garden certainly wasn't designed for the weeds now was it?



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep
 



Then I guess you can use the same logic for those who were Christian and choose to believe something else, they tasted something that tasted better than christianity to them.

Everyone has different taste buds.

Regarding the gardening metaphor, some people find dandelions beautiful, and technically it's a weed. When it comes to religion, everyone believes something different. Some people like roses, some people like daffodils and some prefer dandilions. Only thing is...who is to say which one is better? No one knows 100% for sure, we all have our own faith.



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Then I guess you can use the same logic for those who were Christian and choose to believe something else, they tasted something that tasted better than christianity to them.


In the same way that if you have a brother or sister and they were your brother or sister and chose then to believe that someone else was their father, because they tasted something that tasted better than their own genetics to them. Therefore making someone else their father.

How senseless does that sound?

We taste what we taste because we have been literally born again, supernaturally, not by the will of man but by GOD. Our spiritual hard drive has been formatted and something new installed.

Somebody can religion hop all day long, but becoming family is a different deal entirely.


Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Everyone has different taste buds.


Has a lot to do with who their daddy is.



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Please check "Urantia Book" for full discription or rebirthing and what it is and whys.



posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Please check "Urantia Book" for full discription or rebirthing and what it is and whys.


If I were to advise you to check a book for a full description of your childhood and growth. Would you not quickly brush me off as rather...


We know our rebirth, and we know who we worship, in spirit and in truth.



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep
 


You know, we could play with semantics and metaphors all day long and neither one of us will see the others way. I'm more of a straight forward kind of gal anyways.

I will just agree to disagree and move on with my own enlightenment.



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
But we aren't neccesarily talking about those people that are "lost" as you put it. There are many people who are involved in other religions or in no religion that feel just as enlightened and fullfilled as you do with your religion. So why try and "save" them when they simply have a different opinion than you do?


I was quite enlightened and fulfilled too, once upon a time, before I was enlightened and fulfilled.


I was getting depressed as an atheist.

Then I found paganism, and I'm much happier now.

According to you and numerous other people here, it makes no difference whether I'm an atheist or a pagan, ether way I'm being "tricked by satan" and "led to hell". I guess satan got bored tricking me with atheism and decided to trick me into being a pagan, right?



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Then I found paganism, and I'm much happier now.


One could say "now" is the key word. If you'd take the time to study this goddess a little bit, with pure intentions, you'd find that you are in a round about way worshiping a secondary created thing. Not the actual life himself.


Originally posted by Kacen
According to you and numerous other people here, it makes no difference whether I'm an atheist or a pagan, ether way I'm being "tricked by satan" and "led to hell". I guess satan got bored tricking me with atheism and decided to trick me into being a pagan, right?



If I've stated that you are being tricked by satan in the past, I was in error, that is for sure.

In the same way that if I were to say that you were being tricked by your father, by being his daughter.

If you aren't born again, you are satan's family, anyone who isn't born again is. Since you are carrying him, that spiritual genetics if one could call it that, runs you. Like a computer operating system.

Can windows make itself linux?

Can linux make itself windows?

All authority in heaven and earth has been given to Jesus Christ. He owns you and me, whether you and I believe in him or not. We are his property. He is the King, the savior of the world and he runs the show.

He has the authority to format your hard drive and install his operating system on it, IF HE WILLS TO.

All this is done by him in his timing. As I said in the OP, If anyone is interested, seek him as his mercy is incomprehensible. Even to those who have cursed him, rejected him, refused him, and you name it. Even to those who have persecuted and killed his servants, if they repent.

To know the one who created everything, closer than anyone you know, family or otherwise, is everything. It's the way he intended it.



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You hear that Kacen, you belong to Jesus, you better repent



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I am going to come off as stuck up here, but this is exactly why there is no debating with these fanatics. They are not open to the possibility that they might be wrong, they do not listen to logic, they do not open their minds up to truly listen to other opinions or ideas. They speak in metaphors in order to come up with some wild and absolutly unbelievable way to tell you why they are right and the rest of us are all wrong.

I just don't understand why you can't let people do as they will and find your own path? Is your life so boring that you feel the need to intrude upon others with your beliefs?



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I'm sorry, I am going to come off as stuck up here, but this is exactly why there is no debating with these fanatics. They are not open to the possibility that they might be wrong, they do not listen to logic, they do not open their minds up to truly listen to other opinions or ideas. They speak in metaphors in order to come up with some wild and absolutly unbelievable way to tell you why they are right and the rest of us are all wrong.


Isn't it a shame when light shines into darkness and the darkness doesn't comprehend it?


Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I just don't understand why you can't let people do as they will and find your own path?


I don't have any authority over what people do. They will do as they will. I ain't gonna change it.


Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Is your life so boring that you feel the need to intrude upon others with your beliefs?


If you were made aware for an absolute fact that nearly everybody in your present reality, including family, friends, those closest to you were going to burn alive forever. And if you were made aware that some would hear what is said and be saved at some point from both sin now and fire then.

Would you not make an attempt to make who you can aware of this?

If you could see through another pair of eyes, you may see that it is more the true definition of love than intrusion.


It appears the old operating system doesn't like the idea of some around possibly getting the new installed. So it attempts to drag the curious ones down with it.



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I'm sorry, I am going to come off as stuck up here, but this is exactly why there is no debating with these fanatics. They are not open to the possibility that they might be wrong, they do not listen to logic, they do not open their minds up to truly listen to other opinions or ideas. They speak in metaphors in order to come up with some wild and absolutly unbelievable way to tell you why they are right and the rest of us are all wrong.

I just don't understand why you can't let people do as they will and find your own path? Is your life so boring that you feel the need to intrude upon others with your beliefs?


Absolutely



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiseSheep

If you were made aware for an absolute fact that nearly everybody in your present reality, including family, friends, those closest to you were going to burn alive forever. And if you were made aware that some would hear what is said and be saved at some point from both sin now and fire then.

Would you not make an attempt to make who you can aware of this?


The fact of the matter is that you don't know 100% sure that those are Gods intentions or if there even is a God. There is no substantial proof of God or God's intentions. All of us who believe in a God or any sort of diety for that matter are running on our own personal faith.
For all you know, in the end, you may just be crying wolf.

You have every right to share your beliefs and your opinions with others and to share your love of your faith with others. I just feel that you are doing it in a way that is extremily judgemental and condeming to others.

I believe in God too, believe it or not and I actually feel that when you are telling people that they are going to burn in a lake of fire for their beliefs or that they have little or no conscience, then you are crossing the line. I feel that those are Gods job, only he can decide my fate, not you or any other human on the planet.



posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
The fact of the matter is that you don't know 100% sure that those are Gods intentions or if there even is a God. There is no substantial proof of God or God's intentions.


Could it be that just maybe what you don't know is hidden from you?
Have you seen this little you tube clip?



Reminds me of that little circle squeaking back and forth trying to present proof that, that was all there is.


Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
For all you know, in the end, you may just be crying wolf.


There was a point I could have agreed with you. I'd be a liar if I denied what I know.


Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I feel that those are Gods job, only he can decide my fate, not you or any other human on the planet.


Wouldn't you agree that the people probably thought Noah was crazier than a bat, building this boat claiming the place would be flooded and no flesh would be left alive?

Until they found themselves banging on the ark when it was too late.

Of course as it is written, people are willingly ignorant of that now for the most part.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join