It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BORN AGAIN, what is it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
People in their ignorance think that all we have is a book.

So those that want to be little rebels waste all their precious time attacking this book called the bible.

I heard somebody say something to the effect of this once;

It's like an enemy shelling the pure crap out of some vacant field miles away from where you and GOD are standing, while thinking they are just blowing you to pieces.

The LORD's children have HIM, not a book. Everything in that book agrees with what is IN US, because it was the same spirit that inspired the entire book. Over the time it was inspired.

That is why we cannot be shaken, we have HIM IN US testifying that HE IS LORD. There ain't nothing you can do about it!

Now this title of "BORN AGAIN". This term is thrown around quite a bit, but it is a very real thing. Not some decision made or subscription to some odd religion.

OK, I don't remember, but maybe somebody does. Wouldn't it be safe to say that a child in a mother's womb is pretty much clueless concerning what's outside? Well until he or she is fired out into what we later learn is reality, apart from our old reality.

Being born again is just as real. It's so real, that if you have been, to deny it would be just like denying you were born. If this hasn't happened to the reader then you haven't been.

If you have, you have then become one of GOD's family, by spiritual birth. Lights come on that you never knew existed.

If one claims to be born again and denies Jesus Christ, they are a liar. Whatever spirit they are born of, ain't him, and at some point it will massively contradict what THE SPIRIT has already inspired. They can't help it. It's just as natural as breathing to them. In the same sense that we testifying to the fact that Jesus is LORD is as natural as breathing to us.

GOD's family cannot be duplicated or infiltrated. It's the most fantastic thing ever!

After all this fun, you probably proceed to do what I have done and run around attempting to show other people this beautiful thing you have received. Trying to give it to them.

Then something interesting happens. You find that they don't "get it". They don't have it. They don't want it. Well, that's their undoing I guess.

Hopefully this helps some understand this thing that makes folks like me preach this stuff about some guy 2000 years ago and hell and a lake of fire.

If you are interested in having this gift. My suggestion is diligently seek GOD because his mercy is incomprehensible.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I agree wise sheep, I want to go alittle deeper.

" Born again "

This would mean baptism into Christ. The church teaches that baptism injects a special character on the soul and that we are washed from original sin.

One of the reasons, lets say women have children from pain is because of the sins of Eve. The gravity of Eves sin is felt all over the world today because it was tyhe first time Satan entered into the soul from a temptation.

Now, I truly believe baptism gives you a consccience. I grew up with kids (my freinds), that seemed to have no religion no conscience, they would beat people up for no reason, throw rocks at peoples heads, just vicious people. Beat their dogs in the head for no reason.

They have no grace, which is love.

I truly believe since I thankfully was baptised, that thats why I had a conscience growing up.. Not much love, but a good conscience, I wouldnt steal, to true evil ect.....

So the (born again) is far more important thatn we can imagine.

And trust me, these kids, my freinds, were literal monsters with no conscience. I know alot of you have seen these type growing up, unless people are living in a fantasy world.

So I beg of you, to get your kids baptised into Christ. You will not know its importance until after death...

Good post wisesheep.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

Awesome post.

I will also echo WiseSheeps words.

I gave a brief testimony in a thread a few years ago now here
four post down from the top.Is how I know WiseSheeps words to be true on this.

Truth be known,for one reason or another I have lost some hope,though not hopeless.

But to deny this,never!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

Good post WS. You said everything a person should feel if they are sincerely reborn. You find that the truth is so different than the world that the world cannot come to understand it without being brought to it by God. In fact, It is God who brings us to him. It is not a surprise that the majority cannot even comprehend what it is that we are actually talking about. No matter how much testimony we try to give, in our own words, it is not enough simply because God must tell them.

Well, at least there are those who are for Christ, for whoever is for Christ cannot in the next moment say something against him.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by ben91069]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Christ paraphrased, "none come to Me less the Father draw them".
It is rebirth, being born from above, in that God has called upon you and you have heard Him and responded by allowing Him to indwell you with His Spirit. Thus you are "born again", a new spirit alligned with God. You are not perfect by any means, just reborn spiritually.
Coming from athiestic roots, I too know that nothing any human being could have said could have brought me through. It must be the work of God. How we wish it could be different and we could share what we are given with others, but it must come from God so that the recipient knows it is He that has called them out of the lie.
So we thank You God for what we have recieved, and pray for those who are still outside of the Christ Body you have yet to recieve.
A happy undeluded soul, holds fast as commanded.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's a book.

Thats all it is.

There are so many other holy books.

And my religion has no holy book. Whats my holy book? Uh, nature. The world itself. Nothing else is needed.

Originally posted by JesusisTruthNow, I truly believe baptism gives you a consccience. I grew up with kids (my freinds), that seemed to have no religion no conscience, they would beat people up for no reason, throw rocks at peoples heads, just vicious people. Beat their dogs in the head for no reason.

I was baptized a Catholic, I think it was because my former nun grandmother wanted it to happen. Only my dad's side of the family is Catholic, my mom's Protestant and shes agnostic, and my dad wasn't very religious.

It had no effect on me...well, I'm not a Catholic, am I?

My morals are all over the place, but I'm severely bipolar, so it's pretty much hard to say anything further than that.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
yes i agree WS

i was brought up a catholic but i do not practice and i dont beleive in religion..

i did have an experience where i was born again, which was when the scales fell away from eyes.

i just feel sorry for the people who dont experience this!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Kacen.

It has had an effect on me. You do have a conscience right?

I said I (believe) that it gives you a conscience. I grew up with monsters as freinds with no love or grace, no fealings, monsters, ungrateful, and ruthless.

I n
know for a fact that they didnt believe in God because they said so.

I didnt say I garuntee it, but I believe its true.

AS for Muslims, and Bhuddist, they may have a conscience, but very little.

I believe God gives other people in other religions some graces for their dilligence and that they have some set of moral laws.

But everybody I can rmember, me my brother had a strong conscience, completely different than those monsters we grew up with and we were baptised. I supposing you Kacen are not a monster?

Not including original sin it washes away, but the signific character it leaves on the soul I do not know.

I truly believe alot of atheist and others were baptised, but fell away later in life, but still remained that character into christ which they were baptised into.

peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

...so unbaptized people have no or little conscience?

the dalai lama has little conscience?
einstein had little conscience?
gandhi had little conscience?

[edit on 12/12/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
AS for Muslims, and Bhuddist, they may have a conscience, but very little.

No offense but thats a really harsh generalization, not gonna get into Islam but Buddhism?! Are you serious?!
Quite possibly the most peaceful religion in the world only surpassed by perhaps Jainism?!

I just can't get over you claiming Catholics have a true conscience over Buddhists, Catholics in general may be mature today but they held Europe under an iron group throughout the dark and middle ages and suppressed and murdered people!

Name any time Buddhists killed in the name of their beliefs? Seriously, are you out of your mind?!?!

Originally posted by JesusisTruthBut everybody I can rmember, me my brother had a strong conscience, completely different than those monsters we grew up with and we were baptised. I supposing you Kacen are not a monster?

Your basing your views on huge groups of people all over the world on the environment and people you grew up around?! Wtf?! Do you live under a rock?!

These are some of the worst generalizations I've ever seen.

I don't care HOW you word it, it's arrogance and elitism.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

i can name a buddhist who killed in the name of his beliefs, the guy that lit himself on fire to protest the south vietnamese government.

..oh, i see what you did there.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

It may just be a book Kacen, but if you cannot understand the underlying message with joy and happiness, I am 100% sure you are not seeing what the difference is between it's message and the world. I know it sounds silly for me to say that, because many people have read it and still think its a book, but those who know what I am talking about will confirm that when the truth is revealed to you, the words become "alive". I wish I could explain how this is so, but only those that are truly "born again" are capable of hearing it. It is like reading something and thinking you understand it, then one day your eyes are opened - you had been blind for ages and can now see. That is what its like.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
It may just be a book Kacen, but if you cannot understand the underlying message with joy and happiness, I am 100% sure you are not seeing what the difference is between it's message and the world. I know it sounds silly for me to say that, because many people have read it and still think its a book, but those who know what I am talking about will confirm that when the truth is revealed to you, the words become "alive". I wish I could explain how this is so, but only those that are truly "born again" are capable of hearing it. It is like reading something and thinking you understand it, then one day your eyes are opened - you had been blind for ages and can now see. That is what its like.

I felt the exact same way when I found my faith, and I bet tons of other people did when they found theres...

Man, I speak like an agnostic...I guess thats good, then I can deal with other people better.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Catholics can be evil, that is what God calls hypocrites. But they lose the faith.

What I mean about monsters, I mean we grew up with kids with no conscience or heart, we were not angels but they had a real evil character you could see.

" ignorance elitest "

Im a peice of scum thats worse than everybody. But I do believe Jesus created the catholic church and that he is God.

When I say bhuddisht have little conscience, im saying they dont have the character of baptism which I believe it gives you which is sanctifying grace.

My conscience was litte before I knew who Jesus was, I did some bad things, and it has grown amazingly in the last couple of years by communion and confession.

And this isnt my doing but Gods.

So im saying that I believe they have a moral code but not the fullness of Gods grace since God is Jesus.

Oh and Ben, that was a great post.

peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Oh, also I wasnt basing it on any group.

The generalization was baised on people without graces or love, not a specific group. Some people out their have no love or conscience. Im comparing it to someone with conscience.

Also I thought the crusades were for preserving christianity from a muslim take over?

peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hi all/

'Born Again'?

To be born again means to be born again(water purifies, as was in the Old Testament) in the New Testament....baptism by immersion three times!
Baptism is the renewal of the body....Death and Life..from the Old to the New.
The Blessing of the Waters comes from the Old Testament.....continues to today.

~The Model for Holy Life~
Through His incarnation God gave us the model of a holy life and recalled us from our ancient fall. In addition to many other things, He taught us, feeble as we are, that we should fight against the demons with humility, fasting, prayer and watchfulness. For when, after His baptism, He went into the desert and the devil came up to Him as though he were merely a man, He began His spiritual warfare by fasting and won the battle by this means - though, being God, and God of gods, He had no need of any such means at all.
St. Hesychios the Priest, Philokalia, Vol. I

Redeeming the time

The Faith of the Old Testament Prophets come into the New Testament.
Abraham and Moses..... also being offered to the gentiles, as it had been promised to Abraham (Gen. 12.3; cf. Gal 3. 8-15).

For those that do not have the Old Testament as Prophets cannot have the New Testament.
The Old Testament gave us the Faith and Hope of the coming Messiah, He came and established what He came to do.
here we have In Exodus, being said to to Moses ........the Lord says about the construction of the tabernacle,
making of service utensils and vestments of the priests (Exo 25:1 - 30.10).
This is the Old Testament church being created......which definitely today is the same way the church is constructed!
Holy Biblical principles and plans of temple building revealed by God to prophets Moses (Exo ch. 25-31, 40), David (1 Chr. 28:11-19), Ezekiel (Ezek. Ch.40-48) and St. Apostle and Evangelist John the Theologian (Revelation of St. John the Theologian).......The precious gems used and the gold to construct the church building is as, told in Revelation.....gold and precious stones are building materials to God,therefore what better way to show the beauty surrounding the house of God.
The services conducted in Church,liturgy and psalms and hymns and the candles have all siginificance!
more on the creation

helen

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just like Jesus told Nicodemus, except a man be born again, he can't see the kingdom of GOD. Except a man be born of water and of the spirit, he can't enter the kingdom of GOD.

No ritual of dunking in water is going to do anything at this point.

How can living water flow from a well, unless the fountain be his father?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

hmm...oddly enough, that's similar to how i felt when i became aware of my lack of faith.

i felt free, i felt true to myself and my surroundings. it was like the world was my burrito (i don't like oysters and prefer references to funny songs).

i didn't feel bad because i didn't believe in what i didn't see was there. the world was finally real for once instead of me going along with what a bunch of other people told me was there.

it was like everyone was telling me that they saw the emperor had clothes... and that they honestly believed it, but i didn't see the clothes. then some of them told me that only those that truly believed would see the clothes...
so i just ran up to the emperor, pointed to his butt and say "that's his bare bottom" because that's all i was seeing instead of the world i was playing along with
it was very cathartic, but not really that dramatic.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am glad that your book is enlightening to you. But it's not for everyone and I guess I just can't understand why some people can't accept the fact that not everyone believes what they believe.

It doesn't make anyone less intellegent or have less of a consciousness, it doesn't make anyone better or worse. It means that we are all different and unique and we all have our own path.

Why do you insist on trying to "save" those who do not want to be saved?

I am not trying to target just religious people. I see the same thing with the non-believers. "I'm to intellegent to beilieve in some made-up diety" and other comments such as that that I see all over this board are just as bad as JiT here saying that non-christians have little conscious.

This is a war that none of you will ever win, so why not be and let be?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Why do you insist on trying to "save" those who do not want to be saved?

Well, there was a time I didn't want to be saved either, because I thought that being saved was being religious, and I despise religious.

The thing is though. Well think about dirt. Do you not think that if dirt were alive it would get rather pissed when a plow is run through it ripping it's surface up preparing it for seed to be planted?

Since we are dealing with living land. The land would probably be pretty quick to curse the plow and the planter, because it's rather painful. To be plowed and planted.

Some land grows pretty things as a result. Of course the one who gives the growth is separate from the planters and the growth is his work.

The interesting thing about seed is sometimes they lay in the dirt for long periods of time before they are made to sprout.

No man would dare sow a garden and go out the next morning and expect to reap a full harvest now would he?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join