It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want to (dis)prove the moon landing? heres you chance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a prize of 20 million dollars is to be offered to anyone who can reach the moon and follow a series of small tasks. additional $5 million prizes are being given to anybody who can photograph man made artefacts already there.

the x-prize foundation alongside google are offering the rewards and a uk team called odyssey moon has been the first to enter the competition.

this is going to be fun to watch i think. there has been a sudden spate of interest in the moon of late so now is you chance to prove once and for all whether nasa went to the moon or not (providing they don't sabotage your effort that is
)

full story

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Isn't this story old? Was posted on here awhile ago...

Anyways, 20mil is nothing compared to what the actual cost is for completing the task. But better than nothing right?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
the thing is reaching the goal and having a monetary gain from the 20 mil.. as far as how much it would/should cost.. id sayalot.. how much is that? i have no idea.

-G

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

want to (dis)prove the moon landing? heres you chance

No - I for one believe man has set foot on the moon. Don't be a player hater.

Moon rocks were given as presents to a few lucky prople, they are now worth more than they ever imagined back then!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I know we never went to the moon. from my own research, so this is my way to disprove it. this is my take on it, from an old thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I never said we didn't get CLOSE to the moon..many apollo missions got pretty close. I don't know what targeting laser mirrors you are talking about, i've never seen any evidence of that, but if they are, they must have used probes to send them there..robotically placed.

I'm just trying to point out that most people never knew anything about the working people behind the curtains. Like Mr. McQuarrie.

I never got this - why is it so much harder to set foot on the moon than it is to go there and look at it? What would be the point of all the missions to orbit - which no one denies - if no landing ever took place?

And also how can you say certainly no one landed if you say "I don't know what targeting laser mirrors you are talking about"?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Points as to why no man has gone to the Moon and come back alive.

Deadly Radiation At and Past the Van Allen Shields

There is considerable evidence that the Van Allen shields, which start at an altitude of between 250 miles to 750 miles, protect us from deadly solar and cosmic radiation. (Italics and bold in the below quotes are mine.)

Herbert Friedman, in his book Sun and Earth, describes Van Allen's global survey of cosmic-ray intensity: "The results from Explorer I, launched on January 31, 1958, were so puzzling that instrument malfunction was suspected. High levels of radiation intensity appeared interspersed with dead gaps ... Explorer III succeeded fully, and most important, it carried a tape recorder. Simulation tests with intense X rays in the laboratory showed that the dead gaps represented periods when the Geiger counter in space had been choked by radiation of intensities a thousand times greater than the instrument was designed to detect. As Van Allen's colleague Ernie Ray exclaimed in disbelief: 'All space must be radioactive!'." Herbert Friedman later explains that "Of all the energy brought to the magnetosphere by the solar wind, only about 0.1 percent manages to cross the magnetic barrier."

The April 28, 1997 HST Update: Recommisioning Status Report states that the Van Allen radiation belts, between 200 and 500 miles high, "act as a thin, protective skin for Earth, trapping charged particles before they bombard our planet and harm us."

The Space Physics Textbook by the Space Physics Group of Oulu lists what high energy particle radiation in the radiation belts does and is:
"-it degrades satellite components, particularly semiconductor and optical devices
-it induces background noise in detectors
-it induces errors in digital circuits
-it induces electrostatic charge-up in insulators
-it is also a threat to the astronauts".

If it is a threat then why were not animal experiments beyond the Van Allen belts done first?

From www.ofcm.gov...

"Today, we have far more knowledge of the space environment: from the turbulent surface of the Sun, with its continuous solar wind and periodic spewing of clouds of energetic ionized particles, to the protective boundary of the Earth's magnetic field, which provides a partial shield against deadly solar corpuscular radiation. The Earth's magnetic field is highly reactive to the onslaught of energy and pressure originating from the solar particles and fields."

From www.ofcm.gov...

"...Besides being a threat to satellite systems, energetic particles present a hazard to astronauts on space missions. On Earth we are protected from these particles by the atmosphere, which absorbs all but the most energetic cosmic ray particles. During space missions, astronauts performing extra-vehicular activities are relatively unprotected. The fluxes of energetic particles can increase hundreds of times, following an intense solar flare or during a large geomagnetic storm, to dangerous levels. Timely warnings are essential to give astronauts sufficient time to return to their spacecraft prior to the arrival of such energetic particles."

The average orbit altitude of the space shuttle is 185 miles, below where the Van Allen shields begin. How were the Apollo astronauts protected against these deadly energetic particles and solar flares?

From www.geo.nsf.gov...

"... the sun ... occasionally ejects high energy particles that can be deadly to electronic components and biological systems..."

From ess.geology.ufl.edu...

"The area between the Sun and the planets has been termed the interplanetary medium. Although sometimes considered a perfect vacuum, this is actually a turbulent area dominated by the solar wind, which flows at velocities of approximately 250-1000 km/s (about 600,000 to 2,000,000 miles per hour).

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Interesting.
The Russians might be able to do it.

But it would cost too much as now they put celebrities in orbit
for a short time and can make more than that.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Oh ignore the nay-Sayers even if the Eagle had landed on them and crushed their tiny brains they would still be in denial.
Every time I hear somebody like this make those ignorant statements I always hear them in the back of my head as someone who either lived with too much sand in their ears or somebody who has lived too long behind the Iron curtain and has been let loose on the rest of the world when it fell.
Ignore them it does wonders for your blood pressure.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Double post but it was so well written I left it.

Oh ignore the nay-Sayers even if the Eagle had landed on them and crushed their tiny brains they would still be in denial.
Every time I hear somebody like this make those ignorant statements I always hear them in the back of my head as someone who either lived with too much sand in their ears or somebody who has lived too long behind the Iron curtain and has been let loose on the rest of the world when it fell.
Ignore them it does wonders for your blood pressure.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Silly to say they got close.
You got to deny all the way.

If true, the impossibility of going to the Moon or of future space
travel, must have been a big blow to Werner Von Braun.

I think that is what brought him to America.
His dream of space travel from back in Germany.

That would be the only way to fake the Moon Landing if
Werner Von Braun was defeated in some aspect of the flight.
The only one most glaring was the van Allen radiation belts.
There might be others.
However speeding though the belts minimized the exposure.
And on the Moon surface the Cosmic particles may not have been
that strong.

In any case WVB was a backer and wanted space exploration.
Perhaps the reason we do not go back is WVB not being
here to push us on.

Then again, a fake mission might have soured the whole
space fantasy for him.

new topics

top topics

join