It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Location of Atlantis!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Cool thread, seen the Azores idea a while ago, made sense. I remember seeing a show on the bemuda triangle a year or so ago, in which a ships crew was said to have seen a pyramid, made of dark stone, rise out of the water. I think they said it had a 'crystal' at it's apex, but as they tried to turn towards it, they lost it under a wave and it disappeared, although the glow of the crystal was there for a couple of minutes.

Back then, I hadn't heard of this phenomena of the ocean floor rising, but could this be a reason why it may have 'popped up' out of the water? What causes the floor to rise? and to what extent has this been known to happen?

EMM

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Why should Atlantis be in the Atlantic Ocean? When early European colonial explorers placed the Atlantic Ocean on their charts it was named so as an allusion to an obscure and ancient myth.

Similarly, Troy is the name of a city in the state of Ohio, U.S.A. Did the Trojans of classical literature hail from Troy, Ohio? I don't think so.

Your post was a fun read, but it's riddled with assumptions. If you decide to advance an unsubstantiated theory, try to make it at least appear legitimate.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Your coordinates are based on current latitude and longitude which is a coordinate system that was not created until many centuries after Plato's recount of the fall of Atlantis, and is centered on Greenwich, England, which would have not even been settled at the time of it's fall. Highly unlikely that this system would just happen to conform with it's location so easily.

<< 1  2   >>

join