It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Location of Atlantis!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
holy crap. i have to chime in here to share my coordinates wisdom.

33.3 eh? the 33rd parallel?

The 33rd parallel has SO much significance .. that is where the Bermuda Triangle is, that is where every major civilization minus the South American ones developed that we consider significant in history. That is where the countries Israel, Iraq, and Afghanistan lie.

The 33rd parallel is for real, because everytime I went on vacation to S.C., and stayed directly along the 33rd, I would have wild ass dreams and trouble sleeping, for no reason. And it wasn't because I was in new surroundings, I was quite comfortable. And I asked others in the beach house who said they had weird dreams, one, a father, saying he had the weirdest one of his life the previous night. And none of them were aware of the 33rd parallel theory. THAT's when I laid it on them..

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
went to your loc and unfortunately im at work so i cant use Google earth but on Google maps all i see is blue. no luck man. but i see the general area and i do recall someone or maybe alot of people stating that it should be in that area.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think this post is lame but oh well, ill remark one more time

cause I like the 33 degree coordinates

one of the most major "christian" tv station is also located in california on the 33rd degree its is TBN

pretty freaky if you ask me, as the really dont preach alot about salvation through christ as much as money

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The Atlantis Capitol City is 400 feet underwater just south of Cuba
near Grand Cayman Island. Treasure hunters found it accidentally.
Sunken Spanish ship? Nope, just Atlantis!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
The area kind of reminds me of the Trinacria Medusa Maure of Tindari. I see a sunken island with three points. The term Maure is derived from the Phoenician term Mahurin which means Westerners. The Gorgon legends are shrouded in mystery. The Greeks obtained the myths of Athena and the Gorgon from an earlier civilization. Everyone knows of the one Gorgon called Medusa, but the legend says she had two immortal sisters. Their names were Stheno and Euryale. The Gorgons were always tied to the number three. Their mother was called Ceto and their father was called Phorcys. Ceto was the personification of the dangers of the sea. Cleito was also the name of Poseidon’s mortal wife in the Critias produced by Plato.
maps.google.com...,-29.11377&spn=7.406317,20.43457&z=6

www.africanfront.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ancienttexts.org...

Check out my thread about the similarities between the Gorgon and the Aztec earth goddess Tlaltecuhtli.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
wow...that was extremely interesting...thanks lostinspace!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You all do realize that "Zero" longitude was in many different locations on many different maps (depending on the mapmaker) until in 1884 when this "Prime Meridian" was set to be located through Greenwich, England.

Therefore the longitude line of 33.3333 is rather arbitrary, since the prime meridian's "universally accepted" location is a very recent thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Wouldn't Porto Santa and Madeira be more likely possiblities? They're closer to the Pillars of Hercules - and they are obviously the remnants of a major volcanic eruption.. Just look at the pics of the islands in Google Earth.

J.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

hi there jimbo999,

yes i have looked at this area before as a possible location, however the undersea topology is not as good a location as around the area of the Azores...
if you look to the S /SSW of the Azores it is a perfect place.

img172.imageshack.us...

as well as Geographical elements to the Azores there are also many many legends and artifacts on the remaining islands of the Azores.
i have been there many times as it is a former Portuguese country. plus i have an interest in the tropical plants and volcanic activity that are to be found there.

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
as well as Geographical elements to the Azores there are also many many legends and artifacts on the remaining islands of the Azores.

Do you mean the statue of the horse and rider pointing west and the phoenician coins that were alledgedly found on Corvo?

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ignatius Donnelly is back, reincarnated into the 21st century! You gotta wonder how much fun he would have had with Google Earth.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I believe it was Edgar Cayce who said that Atlantis was near the Azores.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Cacey did, but Donnelly came up with the Azores ideas in his book, "Atlantis: The Antediluvian World", which was published in 1882. He beat Cayce to the idea.

I've included a link to a site that will allow you to download the book by Donnelly (it's free- the work is not copyrighted in the US):
www.gutenberg.org...

[edit on 12-12-2007 by Grozny07]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If Atlantis is found, i always wonder what we would find. I have a suspicion that hitler already searched those islands, but you never know what we could find with todays technology.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Actually neither Cayce or Donnelly were that smart.

The Azores or the Canary's just make more sense according to what Plato wrote than any other location.
There is not a lot of evidence apart from Plato's account for anywhere else without stretching reality.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Even Ignatius Donnelly knew there was something special about the number three with Atlantis. The original 1882 edition had some interesting artwork on the front and side covers. Poseidon is shown riding his water chariot, while holding his Trident. The spine of the book shows a topographical view of Atlantis with three stars in the center. Plato never mentioned the importance of the number three with the Atlanteans, but Poseidon is always shown holding a Trident.

Do the three stars on the book represent the three peaks of the Azores, as viewed from under water?
Do the three stars represent the three forks of the Trident?
Does the three stars represent a split of a nation into three parts?

The three Gorgons:

Medusa
Stheno
Euryale

Names that come to mind are Media, Athens and Europe.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Lets send some people, or a camera at least to go down and investagate. What country controls that location? Needs to be done soon before its too late!

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
Lets send some people, or a camera at least to go down and investagate. What country controls that location? Needs to be done soon before its too late!

You know there's a reason why most serious investigators discard this. You cant just say "oh look Atlantis is here *puts thumb on a place in the Atlantic Ocean on a world map*". Such a diffuse area would take decades to search and probably cost a million per week.

Personally I wouldnt mind it. I mean you can send say 25% of the US Navy there and practicly search the area for "free" (in comparison to upkeep).

Sigh, where's another Hitler when you need him...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Your theory is based on supposition. Now lets find some credible references for it.

Plato is also said to have received his source of information form (depending on the source) from either an Egyptian diplomat or a surviving daughter of a "chancellor" of Atlantis. this means that IF Atlantis did exist and sank then it's existence had to have been within 2 average lifetimes of an average citizen from that time. NOTE: Age spans have increased since that time - you will need to do some research on that. This also means that the event had to have within the time frame of Plato. Hint go back and find an earlier (and creditable) reference to Atlantis.

IN addition you will need to take the time to convert any measurements you find from those of that time period to todays standard.

From what I have read over the last 20 years on the subject there are 4 probable locations for Atlantis; and from my view point they are all equally valid points some with extremely high documentation backing them. None however are conclusive enough to warrant "x marks the spot'.

it is a fascinating subject, but lets keep references based on what is documented and conjecture on the verifiable.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

following your location link to the golden age project the sea scape is patterned with several designs of something funny yet inexplainable, could you emphasise the sketchings or mapping of the sea as the patterns dont repeat them selves

[email protected]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join