It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing for ATS Premium, And Getting Paid For It.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
There is however a catch. I'm not sure if I can scope with my skills in english to actually write to people whose native language is english... :-]

I've done a little proof reading in the past and would be glad to check spelling and grammar for you if that'll help.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Do you want a copy? I can email it to you if you do.

S...

Hi Springer,

Yes please. No rush.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I appreciate the offer ATS and frankly I'm flattered, but I just don't think you could afford me.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think ever since the story on the barksdale missile story boomed and was embraced by normal journalists, the standards for having an ATS-Premium piece accepted are much higher.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I think ever since the story on the barksdale missile story boomed and was embraced by normal journalists, the standards for having an ATS-Premium piece accepted are much higher.

I may get some flack for saying this but I think that the payment thing has created the wrong kind of atmosphere. I can see why ATS want to offer payment, but for those of us who are members and know how many people (moderators etc) give their time freely (in every sense of the term) to the site it sets the bench mark pretty high when you are expecting payment knowing that they do not get much if anything - if that makes sense. It does not appeal to the egalitarian in me...

I feel that there is enough talent and insight on ATS to produce the material required to increase circulation of the newsletter. There is some fantastic material already on ATS that is original and deserving of a more public airing. Creating a balance between new content and 'classic' content would increase the appeal of ATS to a much broader audience base. Perhaps moving to a more e-zine format as opposed to the (no offence meant) simple list format that it currently takes.

Just my ten pen'orth, but I believe that we are all selling ourselves a little short. A member-centric editorial team and a newsletter dedicated board could, in fact should, bring the newsletter to the standard of the site in general. Funds generated by hits or advertising could then be redirected into commissioning original articles/work and perhaps giving members the funds needed to complete the required research needed to produce original work.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is a great idea. I will give it a go.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Having seen nothing appear under the heading of "ATS Premium" for a while, I wonder if the idea has been temporarily suspended or canceled?

I thought it was a good idea, myself. It's not about the money, though cash for computer upgrades does come to mind, but about being a selling author. I would think that bragging rights in that area would have pushed people to take on such a task.

"See, Honey! And you said I was just wasting my time on that web site. Now, how about I take you out to dinner?"

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Having seen nothing appear under the heading of "ATS Premium" for a while, I wonder if the idea has been temporarily suspended or canceled?

Hi NGC2736,

I don't think it has been suspended.

I submitted an article about the Dogon (in response to your ATS Premium article on the same subject) a few weeks ago, and my article was recently considered for "ATS Premium" circulation - but not accepted.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

It's alive and well, we just haven't had many submissions. The submissions we have received while they were very well written and thought out, just didn't "get there".

We are standing by waiting for the next "Barksdale".

Springer...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You know, it wouldn't be a bad idea to write authors of particular threads you like. Tell them you are interested in possibly using their story in ATS premium, and if they accept, they can re-write the topic of the thread, making it nice and tidy, before submitting it. That might solve your problem with not a lot of submissions.
I think people just don't think they'll make the bar for ATS premium. You've put it on such a high pedastal, it's no wonder people doubt whether they can get in.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is the first time I have seen and read some inputs in this site and I was awestrucked. I'm a novice but with these interactions that are going on here, I think I would love to submit my writings. However I still have to see some of the topics in here to finally have the guts to submit my written literatures. What I mean is that, 'is it not comforting to see and read the works of men and/or women that has inner passion much like what I feel you know? that enigmatic feeling...'

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

How long is the general wait time to find out if you have made it or not? I have recently submitted an article 3 days ago, no rush I know you guys are busy but I want to post it on the main board if it was not accepted.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join