It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer says on BBC local news that Lt Col Halt is going to give proof of ufo`s

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hi all, On the local BBC news show, Look North, a police officer was interviewed and stated that Halt in conjunction with the History channel will give proof positive of the existence of UFO`s in a show to go out later this year. The officer is credited with creating the only known database of police UFO sightings in the U.K and the interview comes with a piece of patrol car footage showing the bright object type UFO. Did any one else see this? I was wondering if there was another book coming up about Rendelsham. Corky
search.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by bwcorky]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Excellent find

It's a shame this thread hasn't recieved more attention

Can't believe i missed the interview on TV as well

Seriously this is very good news! Is disclosure really on it's way???

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm a Yank and I can't wait. You limeys need to quit hogging the UFO action.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Heart sank a little when I saw that it's going to be on the history channel. Just sounds to me like yet another ufo program you see now and then on google video.

I hope it's not about Rendalsham forest either, that's already been kicked to death like an old football.

Still, all these small efforts at disclosure do make me optimistic. I believe that if it becomes obvious that the population can handle the truth, that they just might spill the beans in our lifetime.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
unfortunately,no matter how much we want to see and experience disclosure on this topic and others, it isn't going to happen,not anytime soon,and i fear that when it does happen it will be in such a way as to further erode our freedoms and degrade our way of life; let's be realistic,shall we; anytime anyone has come forward to tell what they know they have been derided and portrayed as either a gullible fool or a glory seeker telling lies; look at major jesse marcel,intelligence officer for the only atomic bomber wing in the world at the time of the roswell crash;before his death he disclosed all that he knew and was blown off.

need i say more? or should i add a few more frills and dressings?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. "proof positive" is quite a strong phrase. Is that a direct quote from the show you saw?

I just hope that "proof positive" doesn't just mean a couple of witness statements, and blurry photos. While that kind of thing is still welcome, I don't really count it as proof as such.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Right, he's got proof positive. Which is why he's waiting and promoting the history channel special instead of just... showing it

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here's a link couple of links from the History Channel, that I think may be the show that is being referred to:

Video Clip

Schedule

Seems like it's going to be shown on December 26th

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I agree, there will be nothing presented at all that could be considered proof positive......I think this thread is not getting the attention someone mentioned they thought it would because people are smart enough around here not to think that a show, almost a month away, on the History channel, is going to shed any light on this subject that hasn't been explored and beat to death already.

I am positive the proof will not be conclusive.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
i tend to agree with you,Ignore; not positive,nor conclusive,guaranteed to be mostly elusive, just enough to compell watching so the disappointment is magnified as the thread-bare facts are revealed. of course col. halt might say heck with his oaths and look forward to living in prison somewhere and actually lay something out for us;nah.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well since things that you don't know what they are flying around in the sky are pretty much self-evident...I would say the cop was technically correct.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I came in here to see some real proof, I'm going to leave disappointed. Debunkers will amount lights recorded on police car dash-cams as nothing more than Venus, helicopter, plane, or other nearby police cars.

In any case, I still want to see the video when it's released.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
On the subject of The History Channel... I think that at this point they are our greatest ally on cable television. They show more UFO programs more often than any other network, that I'm aware of. And the overwhelming majority of them are well-produced and feature some of the top names in the field. Unlike most UFO programs, The History Channel doesn't make a joke out of or cast doubt upon those who have witnessed or believe in UFO's. And I'll admit that I've actually learned a lot of new information and witnessed a lot more documented sightings simply from watching these programs. It's much easier to have everything laid out for you rather than searching for bits and pieces of questionable reliability all over the internet.

But, as others have said so far, I doubt this upcoming program will provide "proof positive" of the existence of UFO's. They're clearly just trying to hype the program. I will admit that I am still going to watch it and I'm still hoping it will be interesting and it will contain some new information. Even though it won't be anything close to proof positive or full disclosure, it is still a step in the right direction. And I'm extremely grateful that The History Channel has a string of UFO programs on throughout the week, every week. If anyone here has yet to see any, I strongly suggest that you give them a shot.

And, no, I do not work for The History Channel or any cable television corporations! lol

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
oh i've got to see this lol

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hi, thanks for providing this info. I'd suggest that Ret Brigadier General Halt, had investigated only one episode on night two and may not have more info than he's already shared with media?

One thing he left out intentionally was, the 'pencil like beam' was not only sent down close to his feet, but was actually sent to the ammunition storage bunkers and made some or all nukes inactive (not identified as being in England (legally))

Dallas

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have been working to get a full list of UFO Files episodes on Wikipedia, you can see what I have there so far. Anyone is welcome to help. en.wikipedia.org...
The History Channel promised to give me a full list of episodes, but they have not done so yet.

As you can see, "Britain's Roswell" original air date was December 17, 2005. But as you can also see they sometimes update the episodes with new information and add a subtitle, so "Britain's Roswell: Rendlesham Forest Sighting" likely means that this is an updated version with new details.

It could be that the new info has come from the MOD recently releasing their UFO Files, or that Halt is now allowed to say more because of it.

Halt was also heavily involved in the recent UFO Media Event (Disclosure Project 2.0?), this may be just new media from it since it has not showed up anywhere yet.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Grey Basket]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here is the interview and some video of his sighting on his car cam. Its too poor of quality, and you only see a flash of light at the top of the video, just a few sec after he says "look to the right"

search.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 12/6/07 by Cyprex]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here is details of the original:

Over three nights in December 1980, Air Force personnel stationed at a NATO installation in England witness strange lights in the sky above the RAF Bentwaters and Woodbridge bases. On the night of the 25th, when servicemen spot a glowing object in the woods, they investigate and come upon a triangular metallic craft. One of them touches it and records strange etchings in his notebook. It shoots above the treetops and the men are later found in a daze by other troops. Two nights later, the Deputy Base Commander and a team investigating the alleged site see lights over a field beyond the woods and a red object. It speeds off, beaming lights over the bases. Some witnesses allege use of force and sodium pentothal during interrogation. A memorandum issued by the Deputy Base Commander, which records some statements, is later released via the Freedom of Information Act. More files are released in 2002 but, to this day, the events remain a mystery. We'll try to unravel it.

www.history.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

Isn't this the story that the USAF Colonel endorsed as legit. The same Colonel that just appeared on Larry King not long ago? The one who made a full report but was never debriefed?

As far as I'm concerned, when high ranking military officers are stating publicly that UFO's exist, that is disclosure.

It is no longer a question of "if" they exist. Of course, all the questions that come after that are matters of national security.

The President of the US along with the head of the CIA could lay out an alien body on the steps of the Capitol building and say, "Here's the proof everyone's been looking for," but then everyone would accuse them of perpetrating a hoax for some hidden agenda. The scientific findings would be ruled out as biased or incinclusive.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Im with jack on this one. We been getting "disclosure" for years from various sources. Maybe its because our world leaders for the most part wont own up to it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join