It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wonder what this 'cocktail' is doing to my body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i call it, 'the list'

methadone/20mg's/twice per day(before you ask, it is for pain management, not to come off H. never even seen H)

valium/5mg's/three times per day as needed

vicodin/7.5mg's/four times per day

cymbalta/60mg's/once per day

depakote/500mg's/twice per day

zyprexa/20mg's/once at night

paxil/20mg's/once at night
-------------

i know last year i had bloodwork done and my liver functions were not normal. i had to get an ultrasound done on my liver, gall bladder, and pancreas...'they were thinking liver cancer or hep c.
more blood and the ultrasound showed nothing.

turns out, it was the vicodin destroying my liver....i had to come off of it for a long time.....

why am i posting this?

i am posting this cause i think it blows when you need to take meds like that to be 'healthy and well', AND, believe it or not, i'd like to hear your opinions....if you are a fan of modern medicine or if you think i can be better by eating more broccoli....

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Is all that medication for your back, depression and bipolar conditions?

My God man that is crazy.

You're a young man. Do you plan to stay on all that crap the rest of your life?

My doctor had me on 14 different kinds of medication each day. My liver and kidneys were starting to fail. I had a horrible ringing in my ears and the pain I was taking hydrocodone for was worse than ever.

One night I thought I was having a flashback from the uh old habits of the 70's because I saw wild lights and colors every where. After researching all my meds I decided to stop all except the meds for my lungs and pain.
I called the doctor the next day and asked for insulin because I quit taking the diabetic meds because it could be causing the kidney failure. He prescribed insulin.

My body was toxic. The meds were slowly killing me. Dr. cut out all but 5 meds and after one month my blood tests were much more in the normal range. I feel like a new person.

Unless you like turning into a toxic zombie you might want to think long and hard about putting all that poison in your body.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Is all that medication for your back, depression and bipolar conditions?

Do you plan to stay on all that crap the rest of your life?

thats what it is for....there is no end in sight for me to come off the meds. if i get surgery and it works, i could come off of three of them.
i don't know how long i will be on the psychotrpics though

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Your medicine/food interactivity list

I'm not a doctor, never played one on TV, just watched ER for a while.

The attached site show how you meds interact with each other and some food to avoid as well. Since I'm not a doctor I don't really know 85% of what this site is trying to say is the side effects and so forth.

Read if you like, ask your doctors to explain if needed.

Based on personal experience, I cannot take paxil and depakote. They just made things worse and I cut my wrist while on them.

My wife as been on dozens of meds such as these before. My own research shows that some of these were harmful if taken together. Some of the meds decreased or increased the effects of other meds.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm not a doctor either but all that medication CANT be good for you. That is ALOT of medication... I was shocked when i read this. You must be addicted to the painkillers and anti-anxiety medicine by now. Are you really that messed up that you need all of this medication?? What would happen to you if this was 1907 instead of 2007? Would you be in a mental ward, if not I suggest weaning yourself off of your medications.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
What would happen to you if this was 1907 instead of 2007? Would you be in a mental ward, if not I suggest weaning yourself off of your medications.

i weaned myself off the methadone but thats it...
i do NEED all these meds. if it were 1907 then i would probably be taking tonics with morphine in it, smoking grass, laudnum(sp) or whatever else was available at the time.

as far as the mental ward thing, probably.
i was just on the ward for a couple days not that long ago.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

My wife as been on dozens of meds such as these before. My own research shows that some of these were harmful if taken together. Some of the meds decreased or increased the effects of other meds.

the psychotropics seem to really be helping me keep what i call a steady baseline.
my thoughts are not racing like before. i seem more calm over all.
my wife and i just got back from the store and i went from mellow and calm at a nice baseline to hyper and amped up in about 2 minutes.

i need to talk to the doctor about that....
there are still things that jack me up and fast and then it takes a while to come back down to my baseline. when i get jacked like that, my back starts to hurt more so my pain baseline goes up too.

it is just part of the cycle.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
paxil is off the list and risperdal is on.

ever changing

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

paxil is off the list and risperdal is on.

Ouch!!!

My wife tried resperdal when it was still in test trials. It really @#$%ed her up. She became so hyper that all she could do jump up and down, run in circles, could not think or sleep.

She also began and still does have seizures because of this.

I trust they have figured out proper doses and so forth to make it safer to use now. Just wanted to give you this heads up friend. The first time you start jumping through the ceiling and forget who you are, it's then time to go to the ER.

Finding the right combo of psych meds is very much a trial and error thing. Have patients and tell your doc about any unpleasant side effects.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost

Finding the right combo of psych meds is very much a trial and error thing. Have patients and tell your doc about any unpleasant side effects.

the one thing i notice is i wake up very disoriented. won't know what day it is and things like that....takes me a few minutes to get my bearings

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
so far no ill feeling effects from the risperdal.
keeping fingers crossed.

this is almost $200 a month in meds.....damn friggin insurance companies.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Taking depakot - I'm sure they are taking blood every month or 2 and keeping an eye on things. So they said it was the Vik that was hurting your liver? That does NOT make me happy. Vik is my favorate 'just in case' to have around.
(Back problems = 7.5 vik + 10 val + Soma (I don't take it - it don't help). But let me give you a little something here...
K.
On your bottle of Vik (vicodine) it will say 7.5/750 most likely.... maybe 7.5/500 ...

That last number, THAT is what is ruining you liver. That is tylonal! NEVER NEVER NEVER take more than 2000mg tylonal per day. They can't correct liver damage due to that stuff. I told my doc I wanted less tylonal - that it wsn't doing anything for me anyway. He gave me 10/250. Much better for the liver. But no matter how much I hurt, I try to stick to as little as possible. I'll take my pain meds once a day, at most, if the pain is real bad, twice. I just 'give myself a break from the pain' and deal. Fortunaly I have a high tollorance for pain, unfortunaly, also for rx. But I only have to deal with this several times a year for a week or month - not daily year around.

Wow - that is quite a list! Are you being treated for PTSD?
By looking at the list, I'd say that you are one 'mellow' dude.

But seriously, depending on the reasons for taking the meds to begin with.... I would try to give my body a break though. There are a few things, depending on the diagnosis and severity, that can help while being healthy for your body. And if the pain is a real issue - there are a few tricks to pull for that too.

But get away from the tylonal. That's the big problem there. (And thanks for posting this. I have vic on me 24/7. I don't take it every day, but I've noticed lately that I seems to be thinking about grabbing one with even emotional pain >>>>> I have to stop myself and remind myself that I'm NOT looking for an addiction to complicate my life, not do I have a script that will allow me to be a propper addict anyway. lol After everyone reads this, They are going to....
lol
But I do try to buffer the harm done to my body and I do keep track and not let myself get irrresponsible. And I don't trust Doctors to keep things safe or resonable as far as meds are. (If you are on meds, you have to keep comming back for refills. And depakot and others require checking blood levels... more money. And of course some meds require the psych - another 170 per hour..... it is a money game. There are things you can do that are cheaper and healthier.

Get back with me - let me know what's going on. Unfortunatly, the Doc won't want to ween you down from the dep or C, and you won't want to let go of the Val... but at some point... just in case... it would be good for you to know what to do.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

Taking depakot - I'm sure they are taking blood every month or 2 and keeping an eye on things.

^^^^^i just started the depakote and they have already taken blood. the psych said we will do blood every 3 months.

That last number, THAT is what is ruining you liver.

^^^^^^yeah, i know...it's acetomenophin....it is just easier to say the vikes are doing it. i am on 7.5/500. i am not going to go through all the cold water extraction..so, i might as well say the vikes are hurting my liver.

They can't correct liver damage due to that stuff.

^^^^^the liver can heal itself. vitamin B1 helps this process

Wow - that is quite a list! Are you being treated for PTSD?
By looking at the list, I'd say that you are one 'mellow' dude.

i am being treated for PTSD. i just started all these psych meds on thanksgiving. the pain meds have been on going for more than 10 years..

But seriously, depending on the reasons for taking the meds to begin with.... I would try to give my body a break though.

^^^^i would like to but it is just not possible...

And if the pain is a real issue - there are a few tricks to pull for that too.

^^^^^not for me...i had surgery and it failed. that was years ago.

There are things you can do that are cheaper and healthier.

^^^^^of course it is a money game but there is nothing else i can do right now...i need the pain meds for my back pain. i need the meds i am taking for the psych problems. i start talk therapy on the 23rd of this month.
i am not a believer in the whole 'eat some brocolli and the pain will go away' crowd...you know.
i happen to think that modern medicine can work wonders but you have to have to have the right meds.

Get back with me - let me know what's going on. Unfortunatly, the Doc won't want to ween you down from the dep or C, and you won't want to let go of the Val... but at some point... just in case... it would be good for you to know what to do.

thanks for posting all of this.
everone has their own thoughts and mine are that i need these medicines.
i am eating now and i am sleeping now. these are things i was not doing before....hopefully the talk therapy will help me too.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

i am not a believer in the whole 'eat some brocolli and the pain will go away' crowd...you know

LOL!!!!! You crack me up! (And I agree)
LOL... still laughing...
But that's not the little tricks I was talking about... I'm talking about 'tricks' on the mind. (I'm a hypnotist)

And there are other things as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

what other things?
i don't think i could do the hypno deal....people have secrets you know and i would be afraid that those could be extracted if i was under....
thats just not gonna happen

i do accupuncture

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well...
First thre are ways to chemicaly 'trick' the mind. Things that are #1, good for your body, and #2, not bad for your body, and #3, still make you feel good.

As far as the hypnosis goes - if your afraid, then your right, it won't work. (But hypnosis is not a truth syrum... you can lie under hypnosis. lol You don't loose control etc. As a matter of fact, 90% of the time, the client don't speak at all during the session.)

join