It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The USA is planning to provoke terrorist attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Perhaps the government won't need to inflate its terrorism-arrest stats after it implements the Defense Science Board's recommendation. This influential committee inside the Pentagon has proposed a terrifying way to fight evil-doers: Goad them into making terrorist attacks. Yes, you read correctly. Instead of waiting for a plot to be hatched and possibly executed, go out and MAKE it happen.

In summer 2002, the Defense Science Board outlined all kinds of ways to fight the war on terrorism around the world. The scariest suggestion involves the creation of a new 100-man, $100-million team called the Proactive Pre-emptive Operations Group, or P2OG.

This combination of elite special forces soldiers and intelligence agents will have "an entirely new capability to proactively, pre-emptively provoke responses from adversary/terrorist groups," according to the DSB's report.

Just how the P2OG will "provoke" terrorists into action is not specified, at least in the unclassified portions of the report. United Press International - which apparently has access to the full, classified version of the report - says that techniques could include "stealing their money or tricking them with fake communications." The Moscow Times offers further possibilities, such as killing family members and infiltrating groups with provocateurs, who will suggest and even direct terrorist strikes.

Once the terrorists have been provoked, what then? The UPI says that by taking action, the terrorists would be "exposing themselves to 'quick-response' attacks by US forces." In other words, the plan is to hit the hornet's nest with a stick, while waiting nearby with bug spray. The flaws in this approach are obvious. Although not spelled out in the UPI article or the report itself, the idea seems to be that the P2OG will cause terrorists to make an attack but supposedly stop them right before the attack actually occurs. Will the P2OG always be able to prevent terrorism it creates from taking place? Will it always be able to "neutralize" all of the terrorists during that crucial window after a plan has been put into motion but before its been carried out? I wouldn't want to bet lives on it. But thats exactly whats happening.

Whenever any future terrorist attack occurs - an embassy is truck-bombed, a nightclub is blown to smithereens, prominent buildings are hit with hijacked passenger jets - we'll never be 100 percent sure that this wasn't an operation the P2OG provoked but then was unable to stop in time...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

It might be a good tactic as long as the only thing they consider to be a terrorist action is serious threats of violence and they don’t go to far to provoke the threats. If they are there from the beginning, the plan would probably never get off the ground. I just hope they aren’t getting people into things they wouldn’t otherwise get into. Sounds like they want use entrapment to get people to say things they otherwise might not say.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Good tactic you say? What about the innocents killed in these provoked attacks. Casualties of war? We gotta kill 'em to save 'em!!! God I can't take the stupidity much longer. How stupid can they be. Or rather, how stupid do they think we are? This only serves to create and perpetuate more terrorism. The P20G itself would be a terrorist group by definition, would it not? Should they pre-emptively strike themselves? Draw themselves out into the open by killing a bunch of innocent people who need to be saved from their saviors? Will the dead then thank the P20G for saving them?

Jeez, Al Qaeda, if they really exist, must be laughing their asses off at this one. "Hey Mohammed did you hear, we can go home now, the infidels are gonna start attacking themselves!" "Really that's great! Let's go get some lunch." Whomever came up with this bone headed idea should be shot as a threat to the good of the human race. Where's the 'feel like puking' emoticon???

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Too many flaws in the premise.

And, wouldn't this create more terrorism than what has already been experienced?

Just doesn't make a lot of Rense,I mean Sense.

Incidentaly, I didn't see a link, do you have a link to the story.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well isn't this along the same mentality of "let's go get them over there before they come here". Fight terrorism by creating terrorism.... yeah great plan.. Let's give them the tools, weapons everything they need including the targets too while we're at it... then certainly we'll be able to effectively stop them

This is nuts, plain and simply nuts.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder about the entire mental state of the people we have working for us in the white House and respective offices and agencies.

They all need to be on anti depressants and happy pills.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I remember back in 2005 (dont have time to find an article on it atm) there were some british special forces that were busted by the Iraqi's for PLANTING ROADSIDE BOMBS. The arrested british soldiers were BROKEN OUT OF PRISON (yes, in a gun battle, with armored vehicles) by American soldiers...

I was out of the country at the time with no access to internet so I dont know if it was spoken of around here at ATS, but.... could that too have been part of this kind of plan?

JSR

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

do you have a link to this?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
this is the first thing i though of when i read this thead.

Refering to the 93 WTC bombing

The New York Times later reports on Emad Salem, an undercover agent who will be the key government witness in the trial against Yousef. Salem testifies that the FBI knew about the attack beforehand and told him they would thwart it by substituting a harmless powder for the explosives. However, an FBI supervisor called off this plan, and the bombing was not stopped.

www.cooperativeresearch.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JSR

well the member isn't online, but here's a link that tells more about the P20G

Proactive Preemptive Operations Group

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
excuse me worldwatcher, who'se that lady in your avatar?

i don't know what to make of this, seems very far-fetched.
and anyway, arn't the cia already something very similar to this?

edit
ok that's wierd...just when i asked about this lady the photo changed to a different lady...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by tetragrammation]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
My reply to this is:

zeitgeistmovie.com...

There are so many things that are just touched upon, but it is compiled very well.
The only information I have never reviewed was part one, the bible and astrology, and then the federal reserve group and their planning and war initiators. I'm glad they touched upon the North American Union and the Nafta superhighway.

I highly suggest going on youtube and watching the videos of Jordan Maxwell, who is a commentator in the movie as well. There are some amazing points made by him in redargs to american public as slaves.

There is a book called The Gods of Eden that blows this movie outta the water.

With the two combined, there is a wealth of information that is easier compiled than finding it online.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Jeez. I guess it may be asking too much for someone to cut and paste pertinent information contained within the OP into google to find ALL the information one needs... Here, Ill do it for you.

Defense Science Board - www.acq.osd.mil...

Proactive Preemptive Operations Group - www.sourcewatch.org...

United Press International article - www.cooperativeresearch.org...

There is of course much much more contained within the OP for you to research everything I say for yourselves.

Why is it that I tend to get more feedback of the "wheres the crutch/link" type than of the "thats an interesting OP, I have researched what you wrote and my opinion is this" type?

Those three links should give one everything they may need to look into this and see for themselves.

JSR

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
Jeez. I guess it may be asking too much for someone to cut and paste pertinent information contained within the OP into google to find ALL the information one needs... Here, Ill do it for you.

thank you......jeez.....

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Exactly where does it say that the strategy is to attack ourselves to stimulate the terror groups into action? It doesn't even say get the terrorists to attack something. What it does say is do things to increase their activity, or expose themselves, so that can be exploited by counterterror units or other assets that can target them. I swear some of you all want so badly to believe that the military wants to attack ourselves, and not that we're trying to fight bad guys.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is obviously a post that is flying by ones heads.

Maybe the ramifications and implications are beyond us.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That would seem to be the case. Without going into specifics, there are ways of causing groups of interest to increase activity, so they may be tracked, and targeted. These do not involve attacking yourself. This is not a "False Flag Op" as many here like to accuse everything of being.

While not specifically linked to this group per se, an example of the effect they're going after was this type of incident that occured-

you have a bunch of insurgents and/or terrorists, and they're all spread out in an urban environment making it a costly proposition to send ground forces after them all. A method is used to attract them to assemble in a large group using military deception. You get a large group together(somewhere in the 50-100+) range, and when they're in the open, you have an aircraft that has been loitering high enough to where they can't hear or see it drop a JDAM on them, and you get them all in one fell swoop.

This is the kind of idea that these groups are trying to do. Find out how to exploit any weaknesses/vulnerabilities in these groups, get them to make themselves more visible/targetable, gather more intel, etc.. then your attacks become more successful at taking down cells, command structures, figuring out how they're linked, etc...

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that I tend to get more feedback of the "wheres the crutch/link" type than of the "thats an interesting OP, I have researched what you wrote and my opinion is this" type?

Well, Mr. Grock, it's usually the Original Poster (you, in this case) that brings to the table the appropriate links to support what he/she is refering to. Otherwise, it's just the OP's opinion on the matter rather than a topic supported by relevant data.

Onward, to the topic at hand.
I wouldn't put it past our government to bring the terrorism home. It furthers an agenda, IMO, that the government has, to clamp down on our personal freedoms and release us from the burden that is our Constitution and Bill of Rights. The links you so handily supplied, seem to support this theory. Thank you.

Cuhail

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

You are sir, quite right. Having had an infected tooth that week i was a little on the short side and that was rude of me.

There are plenty of links listed in this thread that give a good arguement.
911 alone would be a provoked attack. Then again, Pearl Harbor also completely highlights what the implications here are..

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Terrorists have been provoked, funded, encouraged, created, compensated, trained, praised, eqiupped and unleashed by the CIA. Much like a salesperson would create an artificial demand for a product.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join