It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: 'My Opinion Hasn't Changed' Towards Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Bush: 'My Opinion Hasn't Changed' Towards Iran

rawstory.com

"My opinion hasn't changed," Bush said, regarding Iran's threat to world peace.

The president was reacting to Monday's disclosure of a National Intelligence Estimate that showed Iran stopped trying to develop a nuclear weapon in 2003, although the administration estimate maintained that Iran still aims to re-start a covert nuclear weapons program.

"I still feel strongly that Iran's a danger," Bush said. "Nothing's changed in this NIE that we say, 'Well, let's stop worrying about it.'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, looks like Bush is staying in character, no matter what information he is given that is against what HE believes is true, he is just going to keep saying what HE believes is true and to hell with the rest of the world.

HE'S THE DECIDER! .... Not the stinking NIE!

He sure is something, the article went on to say that Bush "refused to rule-out the possibility of a military strike against Iran now that he knows the country's nuclear weapons program has been dormant for four years".

ANY country could possibly build a nuclear weapon in the future.

His stubbornness "not to waver" is getting ridiculous.

If he keeps pushing his agenda now to attack Iran, Congress should find it EASY to impeach him.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Here's from another article:

Bush Says Iran Still a Danger Despite Report on Weapons

The world needed to view the report as “a warning signal,” not grounds for reassurance, he said, and the United States would not renounce the option of a military response.

I have said Iran is dangerous,” Bush said a day after the release of the National Intelligence Estimate, representing the consensus of all 16 American spy agencies, “and the N.I.E. doesn’t do anything to change my opinion about the danger Iran poses to the world — quite the contrary.”

So now Iran makes him worried even more, because they STOPPED their nuclear weapons program!

Does anything make him NOT worry?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
"Damn the facts!

Full speed ahead...

We have an agenda to carry out, our masters have spoken!"

Anyone else wonder why our liar-in-chief's hair has gone so gray?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Trade 'nukes' for Islam.

Then you have the answer (IMHO).

This train ain't stopping until the Christian soldiers walk in Tehran.

Or Bush leaves office.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
He's refusing to change his mind regardless of ALL evidence delivered to him...

Isn't that the very definition of ignorance?

Are there actually people down there still backing this guy up? How is it possible the entire country hasn't grabbed him and pitched him into the ocean by now?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

He's refusing to change his mind regardless of ALL evidence delivered to him...

It's just unbelievable!

I say we just do away with ALL the US intelligence agencies til Bush is out of office. Bush doesn't listen to them anyway, he's got his own "gut feelings" to listen to, It will help downsize the federal government and it will save the country BILLIONS!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

he's got his own "gut feelings" to listen to

Aren't Bush's "gut feelings" just his term for what his daddy and other illuminati tell him to feel?

I think he is the puppet for now and Bilderberg ultimately pulls his strings.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Now how can you be so mean to our...nice president..

He wants to protect us from the mean ole Iranians..

What a koot how can he ignore the US intel report?

He managed to destory Iraq and now Iran is next. He's a oil man who wants Middle East oil. He dosn't care how its done.

BTW does any one know his Net worth?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

You asking how much money he has in his pocket? Well, he's a trillionaire - if I was, I sure would want keep that as a secret.

He might be the richest president in the US history...

[edit on 5-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
He didn't follow the recommendations of the 911 Commission report.

He didn't follow the recommendations of the Iraq Study Group.

So it comes as no surprise that he will disregard this NIE report as well.

IMO, he knew this intelligence months ago and he has been misleading us again.

Can't wait till 2009.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well I guess we wont see an attack on Iran while Bush is in power or else congress would have him locked up not just impeached. I really hope for everyones sake the Intel is not cooked and Iran does not use such a weapon or test one anytime soon. If they do millions upon millions of Innocent people will die in our response.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Who's to say what's going on here? If you step back from the "Stupid Chimpy McHitlerburton" attitude about Bush so frequently expressed here, several possibilities present themselves:

1 The current NIE is a product of State Department / CIA factions opposed to Bush / Cheney / Neocon foriegn policies and determined to stop a military strike, while embarrassing Bush. (Most likely: authors Van VanDeipen and Kennith Brill both hate Bush)

2. The NIE is designed to allow the US to back away from the sanctions against Iran that other countries were not supporting, saving face.

3. The NIE is a Bush supported document to avoid the quagmire of another war within the last year of his Presidency, he did not want to deal with the chaos it would create.

4. The NIE is a mis-direction ploy to ease tension and Iranian alertness in advance of a US military strike.

Time may tell. As to automatically accepting the result of group-think intellegence estimates, isn't that the reason Bush was able to get people behind the 2003 invasion in the first place?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The drugs and alcohol must have robbed Bush's ability to reason and understand reality. Its not that he wants to lie and appear completely unreasonable he just cannot help himself because he likely fried out parts of his brain that allow rational thought and understanding.
He cannot have a new vision of the world and America because he does not have the brain power to do so.

If you think of your alcoholic friends you will see that they too are trapped and can rarely if ever think differently because of the damage done. Its why "once and alcoholic always an alcoholic".

Bush is a nice enough fellow he just has a damaged intellect.

I truly believe this. Hopefully his time will run out before America is lost for ever if its not already on the slippery slope already.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Xeven]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

You cannot honestly believe Bu$h is more than just a puppet.......can you?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
reply to post by Leyla

You asking how much money he has in his pocket? Well, he's a trillionaire - if I was, I sure would want keep that as a secret.

He might be the richest president in the US history...

Wow in that case he can cover most if not all of the US National Debt. Then he would be the poorest President in history.

Now Xeven I wouldn't believe that Bush is a nice fellow.

He knows whats he's doing- its his way or no way.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's a possibility...the published judgement summaries of NIE's are worthless.

These findings [recent] are startling, not least because in key respects they represent a 180-degree turn from the conclusions of the last NIE on Iran’s nuclear program. For that one, issued in May 2005, assessed “with high confidence that Iran currently is determined to develop nuclear weapons” and to press on “despite its international obligations and international pressure.”

It is worth remembering that in 2002, one of the conclusions offered by the NIE, also with “high confidence,” was that “Iraq is continuing, and in some areas expanding its chemical, biological, nuclear, and missile programs contrary to UN resolutions.”

“Iraq could make a nuclear weapon in months to a year once it acquires sufficient weapons-grade fissile material.”

These are all previous NIE judgement summaries.

Source.....
www.commentarymagazine.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It looks like Bush is getting his "cronies" together to help sort this new NIE problem out.

Bolton Calls For Congressional Witch-Hunt Into Anti-Bush ‘People In The Intelligence

Iran war hawk John Bolton has been attempting to slander the U.S. intelligence community’s collective judgments.

Iran has been pursuing nuclear weapons “for 20 years,” he defiantly declared today. To give weight to a single intelligence estimate “would be a mistake.” On Fox News today, Bolton went even further and called for a congressional investigation into U.S. intelligence agencies, stating that the report was politicized by intelligence officials who have their “own agenda”:

And WHAT may that be, maybe THE TRUTH! What a concept!

I’ve never based my view on this week’s intelligence,” Bolton proclaimed today. Just as he did before the Iraq war, Bolton is attempting to discredit any intelligence which contrasts with his fixation on more war in the Middle East.

Yup, I guess we should go to war again just based on Bush's and Bolton's beliefs, not the information that 16 intelligence agencies came up with. NOT!

While Bolton is calling for a congressional witch-hunt into the intelligence community, VoteVets is calling for an congressional investigation into the Bush administration for warning of a false Iran threat despite knowing the key findings of the NIE.

I think they should be worried more about THIS investigation and what the American people think right now than worrying that the NIE report was fixed to make them look bad!

[edit on 5/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaaa

Did you notice that every scenario you have posted depends on the NIE report being manipulated for some political purpose? Granted that our intelligence doesn't have the best track record, but what if the report is as advertised and is unbiased and all the intel verified?

I have heard others say the same thing about the report giving the president an out and they call it the "bridge too far" scenario, where he wants to back off because he knows the people will simply not allow him to start another war.

You could be right, and I take this report with caution. I also think Iran is a troublemaker, but they are not the only ones. It disturbs me that GB has been using the same rhetoric he did before invading Iraq, and from what I hear, was given this intel months ago. Just last month he was going on about WW3 and last time (Iraq) it was a mushroom cloud. For me, that is inexcusable.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Well I guess we wont see an attack on Iran while Bush is in power or else congress would have him locked up not just impeached. I really hope for everyones sake the Intel is not cooked and Iran does not use such a weapon or test one anytime soon. If they do millions upon millions of Innocent people will die in our response.

Stupid statement here.

Why cause its the same load of crap we got in Iraq. Where are those WMD's again?? Where was Al CIA da.. Where was Bin Laden??

Its all bs just face it and get over it.. the rest of us sorta have.. The bush regime is wrong yet again..

<<   2 >>

join