It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historic vote on global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Historic vote on global warming

weblogs.baltimoresun.com

A U.S. Senate committee is scheduled for an historic vote on a global warming bill this week, perhaps as early as Wednesday. Environmental groups are planning a flurry of press conferences tomorrow (12/4/2007) to try to influence the vote.

Meanwhile, in Maryland, Gov. Martin O'Malley's advisory Commission on Climate Change is scheduled to meet tomorrow to discuss possible steps to reduce the state's greenhouse gas emmissions. The 22-member goup, headed by state Environmental Secretary Shari T. Wilson, is looking to recommend that the state adopt laws to cut greenhouse gases by 25 percent by 2020, and then move aggressively to slash the pollutants by 90 percent by 2050, according to a draft report. To achieve these goals, the state should tighten its energy efficiency standards, strengthen building codes, require more clean energy generation, among other steps.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
forecast.weather.gov[/ url]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread309017/pg1]Al Gore is wrong on global warming

Global Warming Theory takes a hit!
Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming 'Greatest Scam in History'
Global Warming - a PHILOSOSPOHICAL approach

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My comment................... The forecast for that day in Washington shows a 60% chance of snow! Need I say more. Does everyone remember when Algore scheduled a HUGE shin-dig at the UN a few years back in NYC to break the bad news to the world about global warming? Do you all remember what happened that day? NY City broke 30 year old records for cold weather. His people begged him to cancel the speach and presentation for fear it would make him look ridiculous. They should have asked to to cancel for fear the subject matter would make him look ridiculous.

weblogs.baltimoresun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The problem is far greater than the Senate casting an historic vote on a global warming bill this week. Over the next 20-years the world will begin to see the growing emergence of major indicators that humankind will very likely become extinct in this very century. Panic will definitely set in. That is the consensus of the World Innovation Foundation that represents the independent voice of the world’s scientific community incorporating over 3,500 of the finest scientific, engineering and technological minds on the planet.

Here is a quote from the first comment on the article. Its posted by a Dr. Hill in Bern, Switzerland.

What is this guy smoking? Even with all the doom and gloom people out there, I have never seen any report indicating the extinction of mankind in this century. Not sure what he is a doctor of......BUT....WTF?????

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
My comment................... The forecast for that day in Washington shows a 60% chance of snow! Need I say more.

Yeah, you should. Remember me telling you about the complexities of weather and climate in general? Factor in La Niña and you'll have a better idea of why the northern regions are expected to be colder. Meanwhile it will cause the warmer-than-normal and drier-than-normal conditions further south.

Wacky weather, eh? So complicated...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
But thats my whole point. Whether is unpredictable. If we could predict weather, I woul dmake millions trading commodities such as corn, rice, soybeans. No one has ever been able to predict weather due to its inherent nature that it does what it wants. People talk abou thte strength and unpredictability of hurricanes. Hurricanes probably have been as strong or even stronger all along, but with technology we have a better ways to measure intensity. And not to be sexist, but why were hurricanes only named after women for so long?????? Years ago, people compared hurricane unpredictability to the same unpredictability that women had. (not me speaking) People thought women changed their minds so often, that hurricanes were just like women. Maybe that could be an old wives tail, but when I took meteorology (as an elective) in college years ago, that was the line we were fed.

Cycles......not global warming.

top topics

join