It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be careful about where you work

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I dont know if this will be old news or new news. I work in the entertainment industry out here in LosAngeles and today (12-3-07) I had to work at Sony Studios in Culver city, I pull up to the guard shack and give them my C.D.L. a couple minutes later they give me my parking pass and my I.D back, So I park and go to work. Well, about five houres later three cops show up at the stage I was working at, and arrested one of of our crew members because he had a warrent out for his arrest, come to find out, when you give your drivers license to the guards they take down your info and do a backround check on you and they run your plates in a data base. This just seemed shocking to me, I had no idea they did that.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

Thank's for the heads up......

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why did you give him your drivers license?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Why did you give him your drivers license?

Otherwise they wont let you in, then you cant pay the rent, then you live under a bridge.....and so on.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Steff]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Makes no sense. I work for a company here and all their employees have a company ID tag. we have like 10,000 employees and none of them have to show drivers licenses when they come in to work.

You could refuse to show a drivers license.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

You know for fact, that this is what the gaurds do?

Eh. Doesnt bother me. I live on a military base and have to show my ID every day. In my 36yrs of life....showing my ID is the least of my concerns.

And if the dude had a warrant...well, good thing they got him!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The guy had a warrant that originated from him walking his dog on a beach....Yes its true, this guy isnt a hardend criminal, he got a ticket for walking his dog on venice beach, I guess he didnt pay the ticket, one thing lead to another, then they put out a warrant on him. The reason I posted this thread is to show where we are headed. A Police State, And Yes you have to show your license to the guards to go on the property, even a famous actor would have to do the same, One of the sony employees told us about the "checks" kind of on the hush level after our guy got arrested. I just found it amazing that after showing them my license that they can get all that Intel on everybody that enters the studio.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Well, it kinda sucks for the guy that got nailed by the cops, but that's the law. He got a fine, why didn't he pay it; I imagine that it probably wasn't all that much if it was just for walking his dog on the beach.

You're worried about us heading to a police state? Well, what if the guards caught a guy that was wanted for assault??

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Im all for criminals going to jail, I dont want to make it sound like im defending him, or anybody else with warrants, I dont want to make this thread about why he got pinched but how he got pinched, My point on this thread is that it is slowly getting to the point where everywhere we go were being watched, and people can find out who we are with ease, I just couldnt believe that by showing the guards my license that they could get that much info on me, So basicly after they get your plate number and license info they can run a check on you within houres, and sony studios must have thousands of people come in there a day so thats a lot of checks, I live on the good side of the law so im not worried, I just dont want a "big brother".

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I am not surprised. They are cracking down everywhere. If you ever visit one of the docks where ships are offloaded and such they are at alert "MARSEC 1" Which is the highest alert for the docks.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So............what if you don't have a drivers licence??

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tac109
The guy had a warrant that originated from him walking his dog on a beach....Yes its true, this guy isnt a hardend criminal, he got a ticket for walking his dog on venice beach,

A ticket is a ticket it doesn't matter what it is for. If a law was broken it has to be dealt with. Some people assume that the severity of the crime justifies them ignoring it...Don't think so bro.

I love it when you write a guy a ticket and then he crumples it up and tosses it out the window. I immediately proceed in writing him another one for littering. makes my day.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
So............what if you don't have a drivers licence??

You show them a state or federaly accepted picture I.D.
Which you should have by law if you do not have a driver's license. You get it at the same place you get a driver's license.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Try to get a picture ID card from the DMV with a different number. And next time tell them to show you where it says that you have to show a drivers license..and take them to court. the laws says you don't have to show ID only to a police officer while a search or traffic stop. Door guards are not officials with that power.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I understand all that I.D. stuff but If I refuse to show my license then I dont go on the property then I cant work then my boss hears about it then I could get fired for making a big deal out of it, and sony will not let you on the property without showing some form of I.D

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

I don't see what the big deal is having to show proper ID. If something happened to you because of someone that they let in without checking them out I bet your lawyer would try to sue the building owner.

I would want to know who I was letting onto my property. Wouldn't you?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
Try to get a picture ID card from the DMV with a different number. And next time tell them to show you where it says that you have to show a drivers license..and take them to court. the laws says you don't have to show ID only to a police officer while a search or traffic stop. Door guards are not officials with that power.

Just a F.Y.I. -

If you are driving a vehicle that requires a certain license, like a CDL, they can request to see the license. The law does not give them the right to take it and walk back to the car with it, that is a courtesy usually afforded by the driver of the vehicle. The only problem is most people who would refuse the courtesy are people with something to hide.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The main reason ID's are checked is so that their history can be checked up. You can't hire someone with just their resume, you have to have their background as well. Having you ID repeatedly checked helps keep track fo who enters and leaves makes it easier if something goes to account for who was there and who wasn't.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What the? Can't walk your dog on the beach?!

"The law is the law." Give me a break.

Against the law to watch your dog on the beach. Hmmm... And they'll come after you for the unpaid fine. And arrest you on a warrant! Once again, Give me a break.

And Sony should have their own cards BTW.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Maybe that poor dog walker was a guy who just ticked off a cop. Not to bash any Officers here but you know some cops can really hold a grudge.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join