It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking about Spy satellite debate comes out in the open - Space.com- msnbc.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Talking about Spy satellite debate comes out in the open - Space.com- msnbc.com

flyingsaucers1954.spaces.live.com

U.S. to spend billions on new satellite system
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I watched a tv program on pbs which was talking about the NRO They took you inside to a room with an 4x8 screen and a desk.

the desk was all glass with one joy stick , the woman operating the system first pulled up a pic of the moon with the earth in the background

she took a quick view of the moon then back to the earth , after that she zoomed in on the pentagon and zoomed down on a guy sitting in the middle

of the pentagon courtyard and you could read top secret on the letter head , Laughing she said I better not zoom in anymore on that

she zoomed back out till you could see all of the usa. put the cursor over on the coast of california and started zooming down

pretty quick you were looking at a half inch strip along the california coast zoom zoom and it was an inch strip with one little black speck

she placed the cursor on the little black dot zoom zoom and you were looking at a little black towel with a guy sun bathing , he was laying

on his stomach , she placed the cursor on his head and zoom zoom you were looking at the side of his face as if you were standing next to him

she then moved the cursor over to his arm and zoom zoom you were looking at the pores in his skin and the hair folocules, which you couldn't

have seen with the naked eye if you had his arm in your hand it was like looking at his skin thru a microscope. now the lady said that this

satellite the 240,000 miles away from the earth. so my point is that his need for a new satellite system is total bull # and that the resolution of the

current spy satellites is more than enough . I feel it boils down to they need another 4 billion Plus for there new space based weapons system

and are trying to curcumnavigate the system of checks and ballances along with not letting the world know that we have space based weapons systems already

in place. back in 1975 (starwars , synthetic diamond rods beamed into by high energy microwaves could take out every russian missle

1500 feet out of the silo, Dear Mr. President if you are going to decieve the people of the world you are going to have to do a better job of it

sort of a disheartining fact that you would let this kind of bull to continue. Its bad enough that we have armed space against the no weapons

in space treaty. why not use that money to fund something less deadly. the New world will fail because people don't want to be dictated too no matter how

free you try to make them feel.

flyingsaucers1954.spaces.live.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This article/account is pretty badly written, no offense to you if you were the original writer...

the stuff about the satellite that can zoom in... was that meant to be true? and it exists today?

sty

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
cannot zoom that much due athmosferic influence. If we would live in vaccum yes. Also there is no algorythm to be able to cancel the influence of the athmosfere as the air is simply..random

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
poorly written maybe but it is the truth watched it! maybe the uk is behind the times

but it was real !

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
UK is behind the times? hmm orrr someone in America has just been writing some science-fiction and you believed it?

your link doesn't work anymore btw...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I highly doubt that a PBS show was able to gain access to footage from a spy satellite
. I don’t doubt that such satellites exist with such great zooming abilities, I just doubt that it would be shown on television.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
ok can you please tell us which one of these PBS programs it was please :

www.pbs.org...

thanks

snoopyuk

top topics

join