It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we just a test?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I was bored one day and I looked outside and a thought came to me. Could us, humans, all just be a test conducted by the aliens? Could the earth just be an artificial lab made by aliens? What if this isn't or real homeworld, and they took some of us off our real homeworld, and put us in this test lab, earth. Maybe they want to learn about us? I highly doubt it, but I'd like to hear others opinions!

[edit on 3-12-2007 by cartapo]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Research Dimethyltryptamine, which is naturally occuring in plants and animals. Your pineal gland releases it while you sleep. Users report similar experiences of entering another dimension and interacting with other entities.

I've read some articles about this phenomenon, some users state that they told being these other worldly entities that Earth and the physical universe is actually a prison. There's some interesting accounts on YouTube, just search for Dimethyltryptamine or '___'.

cj6

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"Cake, and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

LOL it's like one big "Portal" experiment, right?!

No seriously, I totally agree, this all feels like some alien experiment. I often find myself concentrating really hard on absolutely nothing, and for a second...it almost feels as if I can "escape"...somehow!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I used to joke that we’re just a result of two test tube liquids that accidentally spilled onto a counter and that any day, a big Handi-Wipe would appear in the sky and wipe us all up.

But after my electronic training in the military I began to toy with the idea that we’re mere electrons in the make up of a larger object. For those not familiar with electronics, electrons flow from one point to another when turned on to achive a specific function. In the off state, they orbit a central point consisting of proton and neutrons. Don’t we live the same type of existence? We live in a central spot where were move about doing the same basic task, then at a certain time, we move from home to work or some other place, then once there, we orbit, until we return to home. It really sounded better in the days I knew all my electronics, but after 15-20 years of not using it, I’ve forgotten most of it. I used to think that the only problem with my theory was that the electrons had a fixed orbit, then a while back, I heard that someone determined the orbits were erratic.

I also wrote a cartoon about the striking of a match in which a universe was created and grew into a space age society before the match was blown out and the universe terminated.

The end of Men In Black did a great job of showing that the size of a universe is all a matter of perspective. I believe the Earth to be a living entity and we’re just parasites in the manner in which we interact with it. I also believe that time isn’t constant, but that another topic.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies! Yeah sometimes I catch myself staring off into nothing too. And sometimes I think our world is too good to be true to be natural, and why aren't there other planets like ours around? And yes, I read the thread about the "super earth", but that's very far away.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't know about humans being a "test," but I certainly think life is a test...

I tend to view everything from more of a spiritual perspective. The aliens are most likely just guides along the way.. To the poster that talked about dimethyltryptamine, very interesting and very true.

It's called '___' for short...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by cartapo

I was bored one day and I looked outside and a thought came to me.

Yet another great post that
should be in SkunkWorks.

Could us, humans, all just be a test conducted by the aliens? Could the earth just be an artificial lab made by aliens?

Sure it could. And, what if
it was ?
If you found out, what would
you do ?

What if this isn't or real homeworld, and they took some of us off our real homeworld, and put us in this test lab, earth.

Again, what would you do,
if you had this knowledge ?

Posts like this amuse me.

Great questions.

Wrong forum.

Guess what ?

Zero moderation.

ATS just gets better and better.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cartapo

Yes cartapo we are but to who:
ET, Government, NWO or humans from our future trying to manipulate our DNA or just maybe all of the above, gwhint

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cartapo

This sounds alot like my Alternate theory of origins thread. Not trying to hijack your thread but you should check it out, I think you'd find it interesting...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
...I thought it was illegal to discuss the use of / names of drugs on ATS?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I see Earth as more of a feed lot where the inter dimensional rascals swoop down occasionally and chose a nice plump one for the table.

Cattle have no idea what they are being bread for. Just because we have language and a little thinking ability doesn't mean we can even conceptualize the "big picture."

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Anciently, we are not necessairly a test.
Extraterrestrials have been involved in human affairs.

To quote Oxford professor and Nobel Laureate Fredrick Soddy:

"Some of the beliefs and legends bequeathed to us by Antiquity are so universally and firmly established that we have become accustomed to consider them as being almost as ancient as humanity itself. Nevertheless we are tempted to inquire how far the fact that some of these beliefs and legends have so many features in common is due to chance, and whether the similiarity between them may not point to the existence of an ancient, totally unknown and unsuspected civilization of which all other traces have disappeared."

Homo Sapien Sapiens were "helped" by intelligent beings to function as their slave society.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Oh sorry if I posted in the wrong forum can a mod move it for me please? And Lexion to answer your main question... what can I do with this knowledge. I thought about this. Nothing, really. I don't know what I can do other than hope the greys will pay me a visit? I just want proof aliens exist too. Come on guys, flags please!

[edit on 3-12-2007 by cartapo]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I like the "What If" questions because this gets peoples imaginations going and in a way this is a good thing considering all the mindless garbage on TV. I guess you could see man as a slave just building technology over centuries for our captors who can not survive in our own atmosphere. We are their hands and minds so to speak.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cartapo

Hey there cartapo,

I started having similar thoughts about 10yrs ago (still do), I'm actually in the middle of writing a book about this theory (sub-title; 'experiment man - laboratory earth'). It's also one of the reasons I joined ATS, I wanted to see if other people had the same kind of ideas ... and lookey here ... you do.

I don't think the Earth is an artificial laboratory I just think it fitted the bill for the experiment (us). In my hypothesis we are the genesis of a Dual-Race.

I've been threatening to start a thread about my ideas but have been pretty busy and not got around to it yet. But it does provide some plausible explanations for our existence and development as far as the 'big picture' is concerned.

Good thread whether it's in the right forum or not !

I like anything that makes people think outside the box ... in my opinion it's the best way to find answers.

A flag from me. Woody

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Thanks a lot Woody, you reply means a lot to me. I think you might be right when you said the earth might not be artificial, just ideal. Good luck with your book!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cartapo

Any time cartapo, like-minds have to stick together.

Do you have any thoughts on who we might be the experimental result of ?

I'm personally swayed towards Mars and Sirius B. When there own planets became inhospitible due to war and natural catastrophe (respectivley), I believe a merger was made in an effort to iron-out the kinks (so to speak), to prevent future disasters. Obviously there is more to my thoughts than this simplified and sweeping statement but this is the gist.

I believe Earth was picked during it's infancy because of it's wealth of natural resources. I also think the ancient civilizations around our planet had a helping hand from our creators ... and I believe that they continue to observe our progress (overall we don't seem to be doing too good a job left to our own devises ... a bit like a toddler left in a room on its own and told not to touch something ... or a teenager who is given some advise but think they know best, so does the opposite)

We must compare notes sometime I'd be really interested to bounce ideas of each other ... or anyone else for that matter. The main point to remember with such subjects is to keep at least one foot on the ground at all times otherwise you risk losing perspective.

Nice to meet you. Woody

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

Well if were going to make chemicals produced from the Pineal Gland illegal to discuss, we might as well Censor Melatonin too. Heck why dont we just Censor the entire Endocrine system and be done with it.

[edit on 4/12/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

Have you seen this?

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread92857/pg1

I think you might find it interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cartapo

I can't believe there are still people who haven't read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The late, lamented Douglas Adams milked this idea for all it's worth back in the late 70s.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join