It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true meaning of loyalty. Your dog.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Before you go clicking on this here link, be warned. This is probably the saddest thing you've ever seen. On the other hand it makes you appreciate the true, unwavering, eternal loyalty that your dog gives you. There's no competition. Dogs truly are, man's best friend. Down to the end.

(Caution. Beautiful sadness)

haha.nu...

My dog is equally loyal. She won't even eat her food unless I'm home.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sad but true, humans could learn a thing or two from our k-9 friends. And people try to say dogs and other animals don't have souls.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yep. There's nothing like the company of a dog. My dog is really cool and stuff. Yep, I sit and pet my dog Yabaastad alot.
He will be like all sleepin' and stuff, and I'll call him "Come here Yabaastad!" And like he'll wake up lookin' all mad, then he'll walk over to me lookin' all sleepy and stuff. Then I'll pet him. I can call my wife like when she's been up for hours and she won't come over.

If like I was swimmin' in the ocean with my wife, and Yabaastad, and I saw a sneaky shark comin' towards us, I'd point in the opposite direction of that sneaky shark, and say to my wife - "Hey! Look over there!"
Then I'd grab Yabaastad and run out of that water.

Nice thread d. You're right. In all honesty, a dogs loyalty really does amaze me. When I wrestle around with my son, my dog paces around nervously. He knows I won't hurt my son, but he's right there trying to protect him. It's very cool.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

well, i am not trying to say they have no souls, i am saying that cause i think souls don't exist....thats for another thread though....

dogs are fiercly(sp) loyal....i care about my dog more than i care about most people. he is my best bud. we're tuned into each other.

i've heard stories of dogs saving their owners lives....

heard a story about a toddler that managed to get out of it's crib in the middle of the night when the parents were asleep. it was making it's way to the stairs where it would have tumbled down but the family boxer went and laid right at the top so the baby could not hit the stairs.

heard of dogs alerting their owners when there is something amiss like smoke/fire.

i love dogs and more important, i love my dog.
he is a basset retriever.....

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
When I wrestle around with my son, my dog paces around nervously. He knows I won't hurt my son, but he's right there trying to protect him. It's very cool.

my dog does the same thing with my wife and i...we get to tickling each other and messing around and it's like he is analyzing the action, making sure one of us don't get out of hand.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What's with the dog screwing up the crime scene?????

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
What's with you people, makin' me cry...and stuff. j/k

My nieces little rat terrier Apollo when she first goes back to school, he's inconsolable, won't eat, sleeps in front of her bedroom door. Dogs truly are amazing people.

A dog's love is unconditional. Once you have it, it's yours forever, no matter what...even the most abused dog is still loyal to its person.

Those two pictures are a testament to that kind of love. Odds are good that dog didn't outlive his person by much.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
My dog Sammie, a Rat Terrier, is extremely loyal. He's my little buddy and I love him to death and don't know what I'd do without him.

He suffers from seperation anxiety though,
, and it sucks every time I leave the house for work. He sleeps most of the day while I'm gone (or so my sister tells me!) and gets very very excited when I come home.

He's 2 now, and I've had him since he was a puppy.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I so agree... I have had 3 pitbulls in my life from pup to dieing of old age.. and each dog has had his or her different attitudes and characters... but one thing that they all shared was thier fierce protection of my kids and I.. to this day, my latest pit sleeps with my youngest daughter but gets up through out the night to check on all of us.. and if one of the doors are closed she will scratch until you open it then will proceed with her rounds..and if she thinks that something is wrong with you or if one of us is snoring she will lick your face to wake you up..(very irritating..let me tell you ) she is also very territorial about them,(the kids) for example when my oldest daughter brings her boyfriend over.. he can not even touch her (which is a good thing lol) but then again my boyfriend of 4 years still has to watch his butt over what he does when shes around also.. lol...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You're dog thinks you're super cool. Watch this, from a dog's point of view

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
thas just wierd....

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
any excuse to show off pics of my doggy is good for me

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Hahahahahaha.

I love how dogs are just like "whoa.. You are F#ing incredible!"

That made me laugh, and I don't do that very often anymore. And if I do, it's because of these three psychos.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Sad but true, humans could learn a thing or two from our k-9 friends.

Indeed we can. I'd say just about any animal we can learn something from. You don't see any other animal species starting wars for greed. They do what's necessary to survive, and probably lead happier lives than us. We think we have it all because of the technology and materialistic goods, but how happy are we really?

My dog I adopted. He had been rescued from three houses where he was abused and neglected. He's afraid of water, thunderstorms, guns (I don't have any guns. Water and toy guns are how I know this), and loud noises. Considering he was rescued from abusive homes, that seems to indicate he was probably left outside a lot and probably threatened with guns. This was in Detroit so I'd put my money on that being close to the truth.

But he finally got a chance at a good life half way through his life. He's 13 years old now. We got him when he was 7. He's very loyal, very friendly, doesn't even bark at all. The people at the animal rescue place think his previous owners tried turning him in to a mean guard dog, but he just isn't like that.

One time a few years ago, we had this stupid family get together thing, and a cousin of mine was playing with my little sister who was only like 5 at the time. He was chasing her around, and my dog saw it and ran right up to him and got in between him and her and growled at him. I'm assuming he thought my cousin was going to hurt my sister.

But yeah, dogs truly are loyal if you just give them the love and attention they deserve. That's the best guard dog you can get. Not only is it inhumane and cruel to torture the dog to toughen him/her up to be a guard dog, it's a waste of time, because if you just treat it right, it'll guard you with it's life until the end.

Originally posted by lombozo
I can call my wife like when she's been up for hours and she won't come over.

You know, I'm the only one still awake in my house. I'm just reading stuff online. Then I come to this part of your post, and I bust out laughing and wake people up.

Thanks

[edit on 12/6/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

new topics

top topics

join