It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan UFO sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't have photographs and this was not my personal sighting. It was, however, the sighting of a brother-in-law and his wife, and he described to me the appearance of the thing. It sounds human made (it has visible rivets, caged lights, pool lights, and even a ladder). However, since it's still unidentified, and flying, I figured this would be the place to get a concensus on what it is, exactly.
If you recognize it, or know what it is, speak right up:

Here are the particulars:

Sighting

Date/ Time: June 9, 1997, 10:30 PM

North of Holly Exit, south of Owen Rd.

Direction: UFO heading east to west, perpendicular to US 23

Sketches:

perspective from US 23

From the bottom as it was flying over head

The tubes on top

Description:

Silvery metal triangle, with 3 pool lights, one at on each corner from bottom view. two rectangular areas underneath, one convex, one concave, with two lightbulbs in metal cages, in the concave section. one caged light is red, the other, white. the concave and convex sections are bolted to frame by rivets. this sounds like the wheel well to me, the area where the landing gear emerges from.

The top is mounted by two black tubes, each of which is over three times as long as the 220 ft body of the triangle. The tubes intersect in a cross shape and are reached by another tube that rises from the top surface of the triangle, and a ladder. The ladder has hoses going up its side and where it meets the intersecting tubes, a mist or steam is evident.

The triangle itself is 220 ft. long but only 20 or so ft, thick . The tubes, on the other hand, are very thick and appear to be the real location of whoever is piloting the thing, and appears to be large enough to contain trucks, people, whatever.

So there you have it. Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
No one has seen anything like this? Or know of anyone who has?

Read the details (see op)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me!! This is a perfect example. I did not read but 2 sentences into this.

Now this has become someone else describing someone elses ufo experience with drawings.

I've been crying for months and months. Something has to be done with this forum.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by williamjklopp
You have got to be kidding me!! This is a perfect example. I did not read but 2 sentences into this.

Now this has become someone else describing someone elses ufo experience with drawings.

I've been crying for months and months. Something has to be done with this forum.

He's right here at my house. I have the software to create the images and those are his descriptions. I can have him describe it in person,if you want. His name is also William.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
check it out. You have almost 200 views and 1 reply. That is how much people care about your 3rd person sighting.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by williamjklopp]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

check it out. You have almost 200 views and 1 reply. That is how much people care about your 3rd person sighting.

That's an interesting response. I also have the eyewitness testimony of my husband who was in the Air Force for 20 years, and shared it here. No problems there, either. . If I have to, I'll find a way to contact Springer and have my brother-in-law tell him personally.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
We live in Florida, and brother-in-law is down here visiting us from Michigan. I'll ask him to make an account and post to the thread. he'll tell you the same thing (since what I told you is what he told me).

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
No one cares and please don't duplicate this.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Eye witness accounts happen every day and every hour. What people want is real video footage or pictures for analysis.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

No one cares and please don't duplicate this.

Uh you don't care if a ufo sighting is listed in the UFO forum? Are we talking about the same forum, to post about ufos?
It's unidentified.
It's a flying object.
He's just as interested in knowing what it is as I am.

So you are asking me not to have him post in person? Wasn't that your complaint, that it was third person? Well, let him tell you himself.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Eye witness accounts happen every day and every hour. What people want is real video footage or pictures for analysis.

It was a sighting before the advent of webcams and cellphone cameras. Other people were on the same highway. They were flashing their headlights. Perhaps one of them is on ATS and can recall seeing the same thing. Then we have verification of sorts.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Seems like this is a very detailed description of a triangle. Why has it taken 10 years to come about?

The pipes on top seem really odd but one would think they have some special purpose for whatever this thing was doing. They seem odd for an aircraft.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe post this in the Aircraft forum [too]? Those guys/gals really know their stuff!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Seems like this is a very detailed description of a triangle. Why has it taken 10 years to come about?

The pipes on top seem really odd but one would think they have some special purpose for whatever this thing was doing. They seem odd for an aircraft.

He said he originally tried to report it but got little to no response. I think part of the problem was, that he mentioned a ladder, normal lightbulbs and rivets. That doesn't sound like it's Extra-terresrial. It sounds man made and the fact it's a triangle kinda acts like a disinfo subject for the ET triangle. The argument is then, are the triangles all extra-terrestrial or are some of them man-made or are all of them man made.

We just wondered what it was and while he is here visiting,I asked him to explain it in detail, and then I offered his response and description. The tubes are a real weird part, indeed so.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Maybe post this in the Aircraft forum [too]? Those guys/gals really know their stuff!

that's a very good idea.

not sure how well it would be received there, however, since it's not exactly
a common aircraft.

also, the argument arises that the rivets may not be rivets as rivets are nearly imperceptible on military jets, until you're real close up.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by williamjklopp

Wow. I've not posted much but have been a long time lurker. Seems to me that your responses to the OP are such that you're trying to speak for the rest of us. I, for one, find this thread to be interesting. It could possibly help shed some light on the triangle UFO phenomenon. Must every new thread have clear photos or video for it to be valid?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JeepGal
reply to post by williamjklopp

Wow. I've not posted much but have been a long time lurker. Seems to me that your responses to the OP are such that you're trying to speak for the rest of us. I, for one, find this thread to be interesting. It could possibly help shed some light on the triangle UFO phenomenon. Must every new thread have clear photos or video for it to be valid?

I too would like to hear more about this sighting.

Even if there were video and photos; the debunkers would cry fake, swampgas, lens flare, etc.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've asked him to post in the thread once he returns home to Michigan, that way there will be no doubt that it is indeed someone other than me (since he'd be using my computer in Florida and have the same IP address if he posted while he was here). I've also had him recount his sighting to at least one other ATS member, over the phone.

I don't know that there's much else he can tell you in person, that he hasn't already told you via my posts in the thread, but if the problem is that it's third person, that can be rectified.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What part of Michigan was it in?

I ask out of curiousity because I used to live in the Big Rapids and Baldwin area for several years in each place.

I remember UFO sightings from the mid to late 90's in those areas, and have seen some unexplained things, but unfortunatly nothing as what's discribed here.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Valdimer]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Saw black big one with same light configuration in '02. But too far up and at night to notice any grills or what have you.

This was over south western Ohio heading south towards the Ohio river. About 20 miles East of Cincinnati.

Also I have read some other accounts of black triangles over the Ohio river.

This is interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join