It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Large Hadron Collider

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I cant wait till the LHC is fired up again, hopefully this time it will work and can come up with results quickly, it has lost at least a years ground if not more to Tevatron with Higgs and who knows what else. I do however fear the dreaded influx of doom threads on ATS because of its restart.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It was funny how they invested billions into the project and even adapted a Linux system for the scientists to interact between various university's but failed to secure their network systems from a cyber attack originating from greece.

That then was just a door bell ring
oh noezz weev beanz haxst.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
if you knew how it worked, you would not be concerned...i suggest you do further research. it would lower your blood pressure.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
if you knew how it worked, you would not be concerned...i suggest you do further research. it would lower your blood pressure.

I am not concerned at the lest, as they only are manufacturing 1/billionth of a gram and to successfully have an antimatter weapon you would require 1 gram at best.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I'd like to see the day when they make antimatter fireworks. That's be pretty cool.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by whahh
Lets hope we can create Anti-matter...

Vast amounts of energy are released when matter comes into contact with anti-matter...

In other words, its the beginning of finding a potential energy source... Anti-matter = Free energy...

The problem with Anti-matter as an energy source is that it takes a whole lot of energy to create even a minute amount of the stuff. Not really worth the effort. Gram for gram, it is by far the single most expensive stuff known to man.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It quite funny how the focus has shifted from mini blackholes last year to anti matter now, Angels and Demons anybody?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I was wondering: When they go about doing these anti-particle collisions, Is there an immediate em discharge or is there a very small period of time (small fraction of a second) in which there is an em "seap" out of the particle then a discharge?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Its up and running again.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava

but if it works, finally we will be able to disprove religion and the intelligent creator theory, and we finally gonna get all the answers we all have been asking since the begging of reason.

post what u think

I'm with JRA. Wondering about the disprove religion statement. Maybe strange that I even had an interest in coming on here and "walking into" this post. What's funny to me is actually in the content of your paragraph.

Disprove religion and intelligent creator, when the Collider was CREATED by those that are considered to be intelligent. Yet in your mind; apparently, the same cannot be true or possible on a "larger scale" (God/Creator)?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join